Poll

Should I try out WoW?

Yes18%18% - 25
No81%81% - 110
Total: 135
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker
Nooooo, strong the dark side is!  Careful you must be. 

Seriously, get Guild Wars.  I've watched friends play WoW and Guild Wars is the same concept, no monthly fee.
EDIT: RPGs are better because you get the same action but you can save the game and come back.  I'm looking at Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.  Really nice looking game with good variety build in.  I've heard nothing but good reviews from the gaming sites and my clan members who have it.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-12-11 09:05:33)

Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK

arson wrote:

Here is a free 10 day trial. I never played it but over 7 million people seem to like it....
https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.htm
Yeah I was looking for that, thanks.

And to the person three posts up I hope your joking.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6548|USA bitches!

Masterstyle wrote:

I stopped playing because it was "too" addictive
QFT.

It will eat away at your soul until there's nothing left. I played it for about two weeks over the 56k I had at the time. Amazingly, the game ran almost flawlessly, even on a 56k. But, when a 60mb patch came out, I knew I was done. I played my free trial and that's it.

Last edited by Jenkinsbball (2006-12-11 12:16:50)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

It is pure evil condensed onto a Digital Versatile Disc. It will eat your soul, tape up your glasses, get you braces and leave you fat, repulsive and reeking of body odor. You will lose your friends, but gain several new ones; people such as "Gredlorn The Elven Blacksmith", and "Sitheron The Princess Warrior". With the latter you will form a romantic bond, only to a few months later find out, that she too is an overweight repulsively stinky teenager, and a guy.

Have fun with it!

Disclaimer: The writer of this post has never, nor will he ever try that spawn of Satan people refer to as "World of Warcraft". He has a life and enjoys maintaining and creating contacts in real life.

Last edited by DonFck (2006-12-11 09:49:36)

I need around tree fiddy.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

Masterstyle wrote:

I stopped playing because it was "too" addictive
QFE

Its a good game, but somehow its addictive.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

Simon wrote:

basetballjones wrote:

WoW= end of your life... I know you say, "I'll only play a couple hours a day, tops!"

But you won't

I don't care if you are 11 years old, within a week you will have a beard, a twitch somewhere on your face, and caffeine riddled organs.

Plus WoW costs money, try Silkroad online first.  It's free, easy, and gives you a good idea if the MMORPG is really your thing.

http://www.silkroadonline.net/

I highly recommend it as a kind of "trial" version of WoW style games.
Tried it, got bored after a month, if I try WoW will I get bored in a month too? Remember I'm not much of a RPG kinda person, I just want something fun and new that's different from other RPG's etc.

Just a question, to ALL the people saying I will become a Zombie with no sleep etc.

Have YOU actually played WoW for long enough to say those things?
Yes I have. I had 3 high level characters. I will never play it again. It eats your brains.

Infact I swear behind the music and shit there is a frequency that hypnotis's you.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6736|Salt Lake City

RPGs = THE SUCK!
slicknic
+145|6626
Simon, dont do it.  Ive played mmorpgs... this is why i have specifically stayed away from WoW, even after years of my friends tryin to get me to play. 

Seriously, as a friend, dont try it.  Youll save yourself alot of problems down the road if you just stay away from it and /point laugh at all those people addicted to it.  I have alot more to say about it but ill leave it at that. 

you want another game to play? try basketball ;p
Madhadda1
+270|6545|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
ive seen it to many times, good people turning to WoW, never seen them since

last edited by Madhadda1 (today 99:99:99)
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6540|The Lost Highway
WOW is fucking gay. End of discussion.
Dan Havok
+14|6429
I vote no, don't start playing it.  However, if you do decide to get the game, make sure you have some sort of life line that can pull you out of the game if you get to far into it.  I'm lucky I got out of it, but I can't say the same thing for my brother.  He's practically dead to the outside world, he spends at least 8 hours per day on the damn game.  He will wake up and go straight to the computer and play wow, then about mid-day he will eat (at the computer) and then take a nap from about 5-9, after that he will go back on the computer untill about 1 or 2 am.  So please use WoW responsibly.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6745|Houston, TX
LMAO.  I look thru the responses and can't help but laugh.  I'm a WoW player.  It's a fun game.  It IS involving, and after a certain point in the game, it requires quite a bit of commitment, or a really lenient guild.  I have a few 60 lvl characters.  I played them to 60 while playing bf2.  It's possible to play these games, be a guild officer, not become addicted, work full time, raise 2 kids, 2 dogs, maintain a relationship*, go to school part time, moderate a forum or 3, and still have time to work out twice a week.

All in all, I say give it a try.  Get a trial and go for it.  If you like it, stick with it. If you don't, you don't.  Above all else, remember to have control over your gaming habits, not vice versa.

KJ

*She plays WoW full time so it helps a bit.  We kill ally together in war parties. "For the Horde!"
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

Kung Jew wrote:

LMAO.  I look thru the responses and can't help but laugh.  I'm a WoW player.  It's a fun game.  It IS involving, and after a certain point in the game, it requires quite a bit of commitment, or a really lenient guild.  I have a few 60 lvl characters.  I played them to 60 while playing bf2.  It's possible to play these games, be a guild officer, not become addicted, work full time, raise 2 kids, 2 dogs, maintain a relationship*, go to school part time, moderate a forum or 3, and still have time to work out twice a week.

All in all, I say give it a try.  Get a trial and go for it.  If you like it, stick with it. If you don't, you don't.  Above all else, remember to have control over your gaming habits, not vice versa.

KJ

*She plays WoW full time so it helps a bit.  We kill ally together in war parties. "For the Horde!"
Sorry to say but you can't play the game properly while you have all those things. You need to spend tens of hours a week to get all the best gear. Its a game for the hardcore and not the casual. Thats why I quit it. I know this, ive got a 60, 2x 50+, 4x30+
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6508|Bournemouth, South England
Well, looks like survey says: WoW is officially gay.

I won't be getting that then.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

Penetrator_01 wrote:

Well, looks like survey says: WoW is officially gay.

I won't be getting that then.
It isn't gay. It's a great game. However it is addictive, it forces you to spend so much time on it to get any kind of reward from it.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

DonFck wrote:

It is pure evil condensed onto a Digital Versatile Disc. It will eat your soul, tape up your glasses, get you braces and leave you fat, repulsive and reeking of body odor. You will lose your friends, but gain several new ones; people such as "Gredlorn The Elven Blacksmith", and "Sitheron The Princess Warrior". With the latter you will form a romantic bond, only to a few months later find out, that she too is an overweight repulsively stinky teenager, and a guy.

Have fun with it!

Disclaimer: The writer of this post has never, nor will he ever try that spawn of Satan people refer to as "World of Warcraft". He has a life and enjoys maintaining and creating contacts in real life.
SECONDED!!!
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6745|Houston, TX

Vilham wrote:

Sorry to say but you can't play the game properly while you have all those things. You need to spend tens of hours a week to get all the best gear. Its a game for the hardcore and not the casual. Thats why I quit it. I know this, ive got a 60, 2x 50+, 4x30+
I believe it is possible.  My guild is oceanic, and raids on weekends in the midnight oil hours.  I come home from a night out with the GF and we plug into a 4-9am raid.  I raid/pvp from 11:00 pm till whenever I'm tired during the week.  I'm at T1 on 2/3 60th lvl characters. I think the key is to manage your time so you can do what you want.  It really helps at higher levels to be in a guild that meets your requirements and understands why you are with them.  Some people play WoW for loot, some play to have a good time.  I happen to be the latter of the two and still manage to have decent gear.  The great part about this game is that it accomodates both types of player. 

KJ
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic

Kung Jew wrote:

KJ

Wise.

I used to play it, in all honesty I didn't find it too addictive I just got bored of it eventually. I might go back to it at some point though, while the BF2 community is alright the WoW one is much larger and for the most part more mature and the game used to be very enjoyable. I'll give that free trial a whirl at some point to see if I would still enjoy the gameplay.

EDIT: ugh, I type garbage while I'm tired...

Last edited by Towelly (2006-12-11 11:19:00)

Brasso
+1,549|6630

Hell no.  We would never see you ever again.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
If you actually can moderate your gameplay, I would say yes. People obviously enjoy the game. I know a few people at my school who would be the last people I would expect to be playing this game and still lead a very normal sane life while they just play this game on the side. The question isn't whether you should really try it, it's about how seriously you take games.
Mafia47
+27|6741|Chicago
no no no no no no no no no  no no no no no

i'm sorry if i'm going to offend anyone but...seriously almost every person i have seen from my school who plays wow is fat, smelly, and has so much acne on there face it looks like a fucking tomato. WoW will make you talk gayier, act gayier, and all around wanna have sex with other guys. It will litterally bend you over the keyboard and say "Hey i'm just like you...lets fuck"
TheLostOne
+11|6512
As a game WoW is very good. But as mentioned by pretty much everyone in this thread it can be addictive and have some side effects. It was easy for me because I get bored quickly so I never really go that hooked.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.

arson wrote:

Here is a free 10 day trial. I never played it but over 7 million people seem to like it....
https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.htm
Apparently over 7 million people are still virgins....
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6634|England
"Should i play WoW"

No.
basetballjones
+30|6749

Simon wrote:

basetballjones wrote:

WoW= end of your life... I know you say, "I'll only play a couple hours a day, tops!"

But you won't

I don't care if you are 11 years old, within a week you will have a beard, a twitch somewhere on your face, and caffeine riddled organs.

Plus WoW costs money, try Silkroad online first.  It's free, easy, and gives you a good idea if the MMORPG is really your thing.

http://www.silkroadonline.net/

I highly recommend it as a kind of "trial" version of WoW style games.
Tried it, got bored after a month, if I try WoW will I get bored in a month too? Remember I'm not much of a RPG kinda person, I just want something fun and new that's different from other RPG's etc.

Just a question, to ALL the people saying I will become a Zombie with no sleep etc.

Have YOU actually played WoW for long enough to say those things?
Silkroad is much the same idea, but think about it, you are paying for WoW, it has an established base of 100,000+ users.. take silkroad, and multiply anything that was actually good about it, and multiply it by ten.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard