it was good18%18% - 17
meh,not good not bad3%3% - 3
it wasnt very good1%1% - 1
we must kill the people who thought of it3%3% - 3
Total: 90
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

I saw that movie last night for the first time and i really liked it (end part was sad) so what do you guys think about this movie?
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6689
It's amazing and still hasn't been topped by anthing so far, not even video games can match it. The realism is intense and brutal as it should be.
Polack88
+0|6340|Chicago
i loved it, i still watch it from time to time
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

i just think its cool how they would all die so that one dude could make it home alive
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6742|Chicago.
It was quite honestly the best movie I have ever seen.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

How come every time someone sees SPR for the first time they post a thread on Bf2s?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=50172

And yeah, it is a truly awesome movie. I studied it for my final year of school and I appreciate it even more now.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

well there you go
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6423|Washington State, USA
the best i think its the best, i still have yet to watch the entire band of brothers series but ive watched a bit. its pretty good
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6522|Sydney, in 1978
dont suppose you watched it on channel 10 by any chance?
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6622|New Hampshire, USA
If you liked SPR, you'd love Band of Brothers.  Its just like SPR except 10X longer (it's a 10 part series)

I heart SPR and Band of Brothers equally
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6385|The Gem Saloon
that is THE movie that i use to demonstrate my Klipsch/Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround sound.
i have a definitive technologies supercube subwoofer that my neighbor complains about when i watch the final battle, at the start before the fighting the german tanks produce some of the best bass and all around surround sound ive ever heard.
the THX version is exceptionally put together as far as audio goes.

as for the movie, it was great.
though i have yet to see a movie that really produces the stress caused by such rapid destruction of human life.
about the same time as saving private ryan came out, the thin red line also came out.
it is also a very good movie that i feel deals more on the emotional level of the events.
you should definitly check it out.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6520|Global Command
Well, as a realistic war movie, the carnage is unmatched. As a story based on realism, it's pretty weak. Band of Brothers makes it look silly. The movie Stalingrad is a much more profound story.
I was expecting the same sort of carnage in Flags of our Fathers, but it didn't come close to the gore factor in SPR.

Last edited by ATG (2006-12-09 22:07:13)

Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6633|7th level of hell

Band of Brothers is better
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6454|meh-land
Meh, best war movie i've ever seen is probably We were soldiers, excellent movie and pretty realistic too
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6664|Colorado
It was a great movie, nothing does the Normandy landing better. I can't believe you've only just now seen it. They even had the secret water tanks in the film!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Its a classic..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6454|meh-land
ahhh, i forgot
The Green Berets

and excellent war movie, pretty realistic, but not nearly as heavy in the gore department, due to the fact that its an old movie
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6684|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Awesome movie. But, I prefer Band of Brothers over SPR.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6672|Disaster Free Zone
Booorrrrrinngggg....... In fact I can't remember a 'War' movie thats not.
If I wont realism I'll watch a documentary, its more informative, more accurate and has less crap.
avman633
+116|6355
its an awesome movie
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6400|Espoo, Finland
Tuntematon sotilas FTW
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6582|Your attic
It's a great film, I don't know if it's an entirely accurate depiction of war but it's certainly close enough.

Another must watch film in this genre would be Enemy at the Gates... always liked it, the snipers in that film don't use claymores.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-12-10 05:47:31)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707
Good movie. BoB was better though =/ Meh probably I watched it too much and got sick of it lol, still a good movie.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6454|cuntshitlake

ATG wrote:

Well, as a realistic war movie, the carnage is unmatched. As a story based on realism, it's pretty weak. Band of Brothers makes it look silly. The movie Stalingrad is a much more profound story.
I was expecting the same sort of carnage in Flags of our Fathers, but it didn't come close to the gore factor in SPR.
Seconded.

I didn't rly like SPR. It's far from realism. BoB owns.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6575|Finland
It is almost as good as Band of Brothers what I consider the best war- movie or miniseries after our Finnish movie unknown solider.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard