reefl3x
+72|6394|United States
I just saw this movie for the 1st time, and I must say i've never cryed more in my life.
I'm not a very emotional person at all, and I sort of felt embarassed crying, but I really couldn't help it. I felt a serious attachment to alot of the soldiers in the movie. When Tom Hanks died at the end I lost it. I've never cryed so much in my life.

Steven Speilberg will never make another movie as good as Saving private Ryan, simply because a movie can't get any better.

My hats off to you Mr. Speilberg.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6462|New York

reefl3x wrote:

I just saw this movie for the 1st time, and I must say i've never cryed more in my life.
I'm not a very emotional person at all, and I sort of felt embarassed crying, but I really couldn't help it. I felt a serious attachment to alot of the soldiers in the movie. When Tom Hanks died at the end I lost it. I've never cryed so much in my life.

Steven Speilberg will never make another movie as good as Saving private Ryan, simply because a movie can't get any better.

I'm laughing at you so hard I'm nearly crying. hahahahahah
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6637|Camoran's Paradise
Wow.  Your a little behind the times aren't you?  How many years ago was that movie made.  Regardless it was a great movie.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6690

{XpLiCiTxX} wrote:

reefl3x wrote:

I'm laughing at you so hard I'm nearly crying. hahahahahah
Here we observe a douchebag in his natural habitat.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Wow, have you been living in a cave or what?

That movies so old I can recite the dialog word for word ( okay, so I've watched it 30+ times. )

But, ffs sakes man, are you going to wait 8 years to see Flags of our Fathers?
reefl3x
+72|6394|United States
I am aware of how old the movie is. I just never bothered to watch it. I doubt i'm not the only one who's never seen it. But regardless of how old a movie is, that doesn't change the quality.
DarkZealot89
Wait A Minute!
+46|6540|Louisville, Ky
Who cares when he has seen it, some people are just not big movie-goers. Or perhaps it was the typical "I will tomorrow night, but I have to get this <insert job, task, or a pain of life here> done."

Congrats to you man, I am glad you enjoyed(treasured?) the film! Now why don't you go read a good War Book such as The Things They Carried or Gods and Generals
Executiator
+69|6413
Go see "Click" with Adam Sandler and Christopher Walken..
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6756|Dallas

reefl3x wrote:

Ahhhhahahahaa. 

Thanks for the laughs.
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6549
apparently u ppl have never seen Glory
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6665|A sunburnt country
SPR is a great movie.  Do yourself a favour and watch the full "Band of Brothers" mini-series, also by Spielberg.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

Private Ryan was damn good. If you liked that, go rent the whole Band of Brothers series. Spielberg and Hanks made that also and it's even better than Ryan.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

lol, Vspy. You beat me by a millisecond...

+1 to you too!

Last edited by chittydog (2006-10-23 21:44:12)

VspyVspy
Sniper
+1 to you chitty!

Great minds think alike...............
reefl3x
+72|6394|United States

VspyVspy wrote:

SPR is a great movie.  Do yourself a favour and watch the full "Band of Brothers" mini-series, also by Spielberg.
I've seen all episodes. Excellent as well.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Band of brothers ruined saving private ryan for me; its just so much better...and longer.
Knifey McStabstab
Don't lock my topic!
+32|6500|Indiana

Executiator wrote:

I agree. I saw it just expecting it to be a typical Adam Sandler movie, but it was surprisingly sentimental.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6639|I smell corners

VspyVspy wrote:

Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6486|Sydney, Australia

VspyVspy wrote:

I don't think Band of Brothers has got what Saving Private Ryan has, but then again BoB isn't focused on just the action of war but at the psychological effects on the soldiers and how they change through war. Either way, both thumbs up for both productions.
johnsmokinblunts
pwner stoner
+12|6638|dont worry about it

Knifey McStabstab wrote:

Executiator wrote:

I agree. I saw it just expecting it to be a typical Adam Sandler movie, but it was surprisingly sentimental.
lawl
KtotheIMMY
+513|6755
Glad you enjoyed an awesome movie
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

reefl3x wrote:

When Tom Hanks died at the end I lost it...
Mother fucker. Not even a spoiler warning. Well I was going to watch it, but now I'm just going to go and throw up.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6623|Finland

Ty wrote:

reefl3x wrote:

When Tom Hanks died at the end I lost it...
Mother fucker. Not even a spoiler warning. Well I was going to watch it, but now I'm just going to go and throw up.
Yeah, you ruined it!

It's like telling that the box contains the head of Brad Pitts wife in Seven! Or that Bruce Willis is dead in Sixth Sense!

wait.. ..oops.
I need around tree fiddy.
VspyVspy
Sniper
It's OK Ty, he must have got revived by a medic because I definitely saw him in "The Terminal"

eyesteponbabies
Banned
+13|6423|St.Louis, Missouri
I didnt cry but the movie was good, especially when the guy takes off his helmet and gets sniped in the forehead. Awsome scene. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, reeflex.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard