spray_and_pray
+52|6506|Perth. Western Australia

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Mogura wrote:

Mogura wrote:

B2 ? dude, ok its great plane, but did you know that it cost about 2billion follars !? experts say it cost more than his weight in pure gold !!!
PS: For that price you dont even have to make war, you just ..... buy the country :p
F117 has been shot down only once. It was because the guy turned off his stealth systems and got shot down by a lucky rocket. B2's are expensive as fuck imo. Not worth the money... but you must have it for long range bombing
Actually 2-3 times once in the balkans the aircraft has its Stealth on but was detected by some sort of advanced radar built for detecting stealth. It was then shot down by a Russian 1960's missle system the other one or two were shot down in Gulf War 1 ill go look it up again just for you. I remember stumbling across it while reading through some crap about.... nothing just lookin at all the civilian casualties in that war and the cruise missle strikes particularly on the city of Belgrade. I ran into a US Airforce log of the aircraft it has lost since after vietnam ill see if i can dig it up.

Wikipedia says 1 other sites say 3 i dont trust wiki though cause its open source but ill continue searching tommorow heres a bit of info.

One F-117 has been lost in combat, to Serbian/Yugoslav forces. On March 27, 1999, during the Kosovo War, the 3rd Battalion of the 250th Missile Brigade under the command of Colonel Zoltán Dani, equipped with the Isayev S-125 'Neva-M' (NATO designation SA-3 'Goa'), downed F-117A serial number 82-806 with a Neva-M missile. According to Wesley Clark and other NATO generals, Yugoslav air defenses found that they could detect F-117s with their "obsolete" Soviet radars operating on long wavelengths. This, combined with the loss of stealth when the jets got wet or opened their bomb bays, made them visible on radar screens. The pilot survived and was later rescued by NATO forces. However, the wreckage of the F-117 was not promptly bombed, and the Serbs are believed to have invited Russian personnel to inspect the remains, inevitably compromising the US stealth technology. They used long wavelengths which can detect aircraft which have been wet or have open cargo bays. This is stupid because at an altitude of 30 000 the aircraft will pick up vapour while it may not leave trails it will be wet.

Last edited by spray_and_pray (2006-12-07 05:32:02)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6647|Finland

The SAAB J-29 "Tunnan" ("Barrel") 1951 The pregnant plane.

https://lae.blogg.se/images/j29_1144787048.png
I need around tree fiddy.
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6399|San Jose CA.

Mogura wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

The Harrier for me.

It truly is a devastating machine.

it is difficult to master, but when used correctly, it is the most innovative and useful jet.
to me too, they look cool, but im not sure, i mean usa have the best airforce.... if they were better than f18 and other, there be a long time that usa would replace all the f18 with vertical take off / landing system.

there must be a problem with that...
The U.S. Marines use the Harrier...
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6597|SE London

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Naval: F14
Air to ground: F16
Air to Air: F15.
I'd add the F-18 to naval. 

Berster7:
I believe the Mig-29 is a tougher plane than the F-15 in that it requires less maintenance.  Watched a show on the History or Military channel awhile back about the Mig-29.  Better technology?  I doubt it.  Doesn't the German Air Force fly Mig-29?  US flies against them to get practice and the Germans are pretty good.
I remember that show. It's called Red October or something, I think. The U.S. sends over some new F-18 pilots to practice against the Luftwaffe in MiG-29's, but the Germans aren't allowed to use the MiG to it's full potential, since they're training new guys.

The MiG-29B-12 has my vote, even though they were delivered this year.
You don't mean the MiG-29B-12. You're getting mixed up. You're talking about the MiG-29OVT, which can't really be included because it hasn't yet entered service.

Here it is at Farnborough.

The MiG-29B-12 is a downgraded version for foreign export.

The one that I think beats the F-15 is the MiG-29SMT, which has been in service for quite some time now.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-12-08 13:12:52)

Mogura
+17|6378|EUROPE

MDFSpacePhantom wrote:

Mogura wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

The Harrier for me.

it is difficult to master, but when used correctly, it is the most innovative and useful jet.
to me too, they look cool, but im not sure, i mean usa have the best airforce.... if they were better than f18 and other, there be a long time that usa would replace all the f18 with vertical take off / landing system.

but not Navy and Airforce
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6808

Mogura wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

The Harrier for me.

There is a problem with VTOL - you can't do it with a full load-out.  Certainly when the Harrier has a full load of weapons, it needs a short run to get airborne, which is why UK carriers have a ski-ramp affair.  And then the Harrier becomes a VSTOL (very short take-off and landing) aircraft.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6787|PNW

The Eurofighter has a dumb name. Sounds like Euro Disney.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6597|SE London

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The Eurofighter has a dumb name. Sounds like Euro Disney.
Well it's not actually called the Eurofighter. It's called the Typhoon.
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6634|inside the recesses of your...

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Naval: F14
Air to ground: F16
Air to Air: F15.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6665|Keyboard
Although it's a little bit old, it still does the job against imperial tie fighters:

https://www.thomasmodels.com/gallery/mf5.jpg

Last edited by Yaocelotl (2006-12-07 12:35:05)

|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6398|California
https://www.the-wright-brothers.com/wrightplane.jpg

Kitty Hawk FTW!

Haha but seriously the F22 Raptor - If you saw the documentary on the history channel it took out five F18's in a combat practice, the F18 pilots said they didn't see the F22 in their screens, they only saw it once or twice when it was flying above them.

Last edited by |=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo. (2006-12-07 13:23:11)

Mogura
+17|6378|EUROPE

Yaocelotl wrote:

Although it's a little bit old, it still does the job against imperial tie fighters:

http://www.thomasmodels.com/gallery/mf5.jpg
its not jet propulsed :p
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6730|US
I have to say the F-15 or Su-35/37 (They haven't put the 37 in production, have they?)

The F-15 is great due to its kill record, technology, and durability.  (And that the US has great pilots and AWACS)

The Su-35 has great potential, but the Russian military would not be able to use them to full effect.

(Go P-51D!)

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2006-12-07 13:36:58)

GATOR591957
+84|6642

MDFSpacePhantom wrote:

F-16 FIGHTING FALCON

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5364/f16pu0.jpg
It is highly maneuverable and has proven itself in air-to-air combat and air-to-surface attack.
It also has the poorest safety record of aircraft in action.
Mogura
+17|6378|EUROPE

RAIMIUS wrote:

I have to say the F-15 or Su-35/37 (They haven't put the 37 in production, have they?)

The F-15 is great due to its kill record, technology, and durability.  (And that the US has great pilots and AWACS)

The Su-35 has great potential, but the Russian military would not be able to use them to full effect.

(Go P-51D!)
dont worry CIA gonna steal all the russian tech and ideas, so usa gonna build an even better aircraft.  :p
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6502|Melbourne

SU37 & F/A 18 Gets my vote.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6708|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Bertster7 wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I'd add the F-18 to naval. 

Berster7:
I believe the Mig-29 is a tougher plane than the F-15 in that it requires less maintenance.  Watched a show on the History or Military channel awhile back about the Mig-29.  Better technology?  I doubt it.  Doesn't the German Air Force fly Mig-29?  US flies against them to get practice and the Germans are pretty good.
I remember that show. It's called Red October or something, I think. The U.S. sends over some new F-18 pilots to practice against the Luftwaffe in MiG-29's, but the Germans aren't allowed to use the MiG to it's full potential, since they're training new guys.

The MiG-29B-12 has my vote, even though they were delivered this year.
You don't mean the MiG-29B-12. You're getting mixed up. You're talking about the MiG-29OVT, which can't really be included because it hasn't yet entered service.

The MiG-29B-12 is a downgraded version for foreign export.

The one that I think beats the F-15 is the MiG-29SMT, which has been in service for quite some time now.
Arg, you're right. I meant the OVT version.
Commie Killer
+192|6402

Mongoose wrote:

dont know shit about jets, but ide have to say if they J-10 was half as good at it is in real life compared to bf2 and it was made before 2000, it gets my vote
J10 is a mixture of a bunch of NATO planes though it has the most resemblance towards the F16A.
Commie Killer
+192|6402

PBAsydney wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

F-4 Phantom

http://archive.cs.uu.nl/pub/AIRCRAFT-IM … -Tiger.jpg

Reliable and versatile, plus it always came through when needed.
Yea, but it had no machineguns, so it needed to be mounted if you were expecting close dogfights.
Later versions had them.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6771|United States of America

Mogura wrote:

MDFSpacePhantom wrote:

Mogura wrote:

but not Navy and Airforce
The Air Force doesn't need it due to being on land almost 100% of the time.  The Marine Corps is a branch of the US Navy, so in essence, the Navy does use the Harrier.
Commie Killer
+192|6402

Lt.Gen.Chaos wrote:

OK COME ON PEOPLE!!!

f-15 BEST FIGHTER JET EVER. f-15 is only use a a boomer if they need it there fast seeing as its faster that most bomers (tops speed is subsonice (less that 700 MPH)IT realy has a top speed of 1,800 not 1200 like the game has it. but then agian u are low land flyng.

I think that there should be more jets like a a-10 becuze this is made fr air for ground and low land flyig not like a f15 is made for.

F-35 IS THE CRAPYS JET EVER MAID. THE US GOVERMENT HAS ORDEDERD A TOTAL OF 12 in 8 YEARS!!!!!. THEY HAVE ORDERD MORE F-18 or 15 that that in one year. They dont even have any  f-35 in service yet and wont for severa years.

Now the Chinese jet i dont know 2much about . but im perity sure amarican jets are better.
I know for a fact migs arnt anywere as good as any of the amarican jets.

If your goind 2 fight atleast have your facts strait.
You sir are a idiot. I hardly ever give a crap about grammar but Jesus fucking Christ.
The F35A has just went into production this year and that is only the Air Force version. F15 is a great air to air combat jet and the F15E brings it into the air to mud role as well. Please, get your facts straight, though you are right, the NATO planes will pound most other's into the ground because of the higher technological advancement and the better training of the pilots and ground crew.
Commie Killer
+192|6402

Mogura wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

(Go P-51D!)
dont worry CIA gonna steal all the russian tech and ideas, so usa gonna build an even better aircraft.  :p
I think you got that mixed up. The FSB and the Chinese secret service(cant remeber what its called) is gonna take it, they are really damn good at that.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6597|SE London

Mig-29 certainly beats the F-18. Here it is doing just that.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6536|Istanbul-Turkey
watch till end, f18 beats.
TeeZ75
+2|6393
to bad politics killed it,  but I still find it a beautiful plane
http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/0534632/

Last edited by TeeZ75 (2006-12-08 14:46:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard