Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6872|USA! USA! USA!
I was just attempting to clarify on your original point.

SysTray, see my thread titled "I'm back."
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6864|Delaware

Krauser98 wrote:

SysTray, see my thread titled "I'm back."
Don't I feel stupid?

Not many of the old fogies from the beginning left anymore.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6441|6 feet under
this was a question asked on one of my other topics titled Flags by Coolbeano:

oh yeah, so i'm wondering, if all Eagle Scouts get a Capitol flag, how does that work? Do they just hoist up a bunch of flags every year solely for the Eagle Scouts
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6455|Michigan, USA

not all Eagle Scouts get a Capital flag... i.e. I didn't... but if you are hypothesizing, then I imagine they fly a new flag every day.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6441|6 feet under

commandochristian wrote:

not all Eagle Scouts get a Capital flag... i.e. I didn't... but if you are hypothesizing, then I imagine they fly a new flag every day.
thats what I thought
weamo8
+50|6485|USA
When I got the job I currently have, I was told that I beat out my competition because I put on my resume that I am an Eagle Scout.

As a side note, my job isnt the greatest, but I make almost 70k.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6872|USA! USA! USA!

commandochristian wrote:

That was my guess too.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6749|67.222.138.85
Yep, right here. Nice posts Krauser.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6563
Count me in.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6464|California, US
Young Marines is better than boyscouts!
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6744|Ontario
im in sea cadets!!!

petty officer 2nd class!
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6441|6 feet under

Revelstoke wrote:

im in sea cadets!!!

petty officer 2nd class!
yeah but the experiences in scouting are much better than those of the Sea Cadets or Young Marines

Last edited by theit57 (2006-12-06 18:11:37)

jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6782|Norcal, usa

weamo8 wrote:

When I got the job I currently have, I was told that I beat out my competition because I put on my resume that I am an Eagle Scout.

ohh... 70k... my sister makes 300k.
three years out of med school, pretty sweet. that's what i want to do.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6687|Ohio
I made it to star, then dropped out because im not a big outdoors person, as you can see from the time I spend on teh internets.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6441|6 feet under

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

I made it to star, then dropped out because im not a big outdoors person, as you can see from the time I spend on teh internets.
you missed alot
JE3146
+109|6613|Oregon

jermyang wrote:

weamo8 wrote:

And people with medical degrees sell their life away for money like that. Not to mention their bad days are someone else's last. That kind of stress plays havoc on a human. I'll pass.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6441|6 feet under

JE3146 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

weamo8 wrote:

And people with medical degrees sell their life away for money like that. Not to mention their bad days are someone else's last. That kind of stress plays havoc on a human. I'll pass.
same here
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6572|Global Command

stryyker wrote:

My troop leader was a faggot so i backed off of Eagle
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6441|6 feet under

ATG wrote:

stryyker wrote:

huh?
JE3146
+109|6613|Oregon

ATG wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Bummer to hear that.

Adult leadership is crucial in Boy Scouts. Most troops are more interested in recruiting the parents into the troops at a cub scout crossover than the kids themselves.

Sad deal, but its more often than not the truth because without parent involvement, or in your case... decent parent involvement. Things fall apart quickly.
weamo8
+50|6485|USA

jermyang wrote:

weamo8 wrote:

Two of my sisters husbands are millionaires, and neither of them have degrees.  I guess my sisters are better than your sister.  My father-in-law is a millionaire.  Who gives a shit.

I could go work for any of them and make more money, but why?  I work 40 hours a week in a non-stressful job.  I have a nice house, and I can easily support my wife and daughter.  I get my degree on Monday, and could probably get a better job... but why?  Sounds to me like you are looking for happiness in money - good luck with that.  And if you are in it for the money, do yourself and you patients a favor and go into sales or stock brokering.  You will make a lot more money.
JE3146
+109|6613|Oregon

weamo8 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

weamo8 wrote:

Two of my sisters husbands are millionaires, and neither of them have degrees.  I guess my sisters are better than your sister.  My father-in-law is a millionaire.  Who gives a shit.

I could go work for any of them and make more money, but why?  I work 40 hours a week in a non-stressful job.  I have a nice house, and I can easily support my wife and daughter.  I get my degree on Monday, and could probably get a better job... but why?  Sounds to me like you are looking for happiness in money - good luck with that.  And if you are in it for the money, do yourself and you patients a favor and go into sales or stock brokering.  You will make a lot more money.
Bingo!
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6441|6 feet under
In my old troop we once had 32 Eagle's in 6yrs. what about any other troops?
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6791|Mark it zero.
i was a tenderfoot. then i broke my back and had surgery so it was really hard to do much of anything in the scouts
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6762|California

theit57 wrote:

Revelstoke wrote:

im in sea cadets!!!

petty officer 2nd class!
yeah but the experiences in scouting are much better than those of the Sea Cadets or Young Marines
Have you done all three? If not, then you wouldnt know.

Im currently in Sea Scouts, and im kind of idling in my ROTC program.

Boats > learning how to use a pocket knife
M16 > Bow and Arrow

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard