bobroonie.bda
+143|6735

Marinejuana wrote:

bobroonie.bda wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

The best infantry player in the world is influX//NeRo, formerly [2R]Ninja. He is banned from spun and swifty because of all the hackusations. I have seen almost all of the American players mentioned here personally, and nero is just better.
I played a few rounds with Ninja, he is a good player. We went a few rounds on Sharqi a while back. I would say he was one of the best I have encounterd.

Better then me? Not that day. we were about even on the 1 v 1 battles.
Sorry bob, he's on a completely different level than u. ive seen u play numerous times. u are good, but just not that good.

and i dont know how many times ive seen you on IO servers. i suggest u stop talking shit.
I said I dont respect Karkand only players IO or not. As I did say I play IO servers. Fuck I even said I play daily jalalajalabad ZULU at night.

Karkand is my issue, everyone thinks there so damn good cause they play the easiest map in the game. 1 map at that. Its not like they even play other maps. Infantry on Fushe pass, is 10x harder then karkand. Karkand is not a difficlut map to play. Americans take 1 flag ticktets stop bleeding, this causes mass high scores.

I said not that day, as is in when we played we pretty much went  1 for 1. Although he did knife me once. And did pull some good moves. I killed him, gaurded a spawn I thought he might be at, sure enough he spawns medic with the ak, I unload, he jumped did a 180 and head shot me. He was pretty damn impressive with that AK.

Why not talk shit, I like talking shit. its 6am I havent slept, might as well talk some shit.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2007-02-05 05:50:31)

Marinejuana
local
+415|6639|Seattle
well then talk shit. but karkand is only an easy map if u are playing against an easy team. against good players, karkand can take more discipline than many maps. u make one small mistake on karkand and its instant death. other, less played, maps are far more forgiving against skilled 5 v 5 players. as much as it bothers everybody on this website, karkand and medic are pretty much bf2's central arena of competition.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6499|Wales
agreed ^

You cant argue that rounds are longer so higher scores. Either way if you have 10 short rounds or 1 long.. the end product is either 1 high score or cumulative high scores.

And open map's on inf only end up being Sniper Fest's eg jalala
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6495
very well said marinejuana, if your team messes up and even loses one flag to a good team you can get assraped to shit for the rest of the game.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6735

Marinejuana wrote:

well then talk shit. but karkand is only an easy map if u are playing against an easy team. against good players, karkand can take more discipline than many maps. u make one small mistake on karkand and its instant death. other, less played, maps are far more forgiving against skilled 5 v 5 players. as much as it bothers everybody on this website, karkand and medic are pretty much bf2's central arena of competition.
Every map is "easy" when playing against an easy team. But this what I'm saying. Taking out the "skill factor" because every map is "harder" with better players. But the maps itself and what the maps intail by itself are harder then karkand. So if you look at every map as if  there is "equal" skill on both teams, which map is harder then the other?

Jallalalallbad is hader the karkand because.

1. Ticket bleed. Americans have to cap 2 flags, to stop the bleed, not 1. MEC get to the lake quicker then America if the teams start at the same time. The distance you have to run to stop the bleed. The "dead space"  if you will. As well as not much cover to hide behind while you sneak around to try and stop the bleed. An enemy has a long line of site.

2. MEC, start to lose ticktets fairly quickly once  America gets in the middle of the city. by quickly, I mean the flags are pretty close togethor and are quick to cap one after another. This causes great infantry battles with a goal, stop the bleed.

IMO jalalalalabad is the 2nd easiest map in the game after karkand.

mashtuur as a 3rd.

Mashtuur is harder then these 2 because of the bleed factor. If every flag is capped, there is no even amount of flags. So someone is bleeding. This forces teams to either work on flag capping or bleed to death. But Mashtuur has helo's which bring in that extra "hard factor". You cant shoot a helo if you dont see it. The tactics one can use in a helo to cap flags will end a game very quickly by cap out.

Shonghua Stalemate a 4th

Alot of amor for both teams, a long distance between flags, and Transport helo's. Limited walk ways because of water. Sure you can swim, but as we all know its not the fastest way to go. Although you do get the option to take a floating death trap (boat) if they are availible. 

Sharqi as 5th.

Attack helo's, nuff said. This map introduces the attack chopper on a small map. Going against attack choppers are harder then tanks, infantry and apc's put togethor. Now this map gives the MEC a 1 flag bleed stop. But the introduction of attack choppers brings a new out look because the only place you are "safe" from attack choppers are in the T.V station stair well. They can get you in every other window, and at every other flag. An attack chopper can knock your tickets down faster then a bleed.

All other maps about equal.

Jets, choppers, tanks, apcs, there big ass maps. Playing as an infantry player on these maps takes a bit more skill. Why? Because your going to die. Jets have the ability to see you if your in any vehicle for a long distance, with the ability to kill you in one shot. So your on the ground you need to be quick has hell. Spotting infantry from a distance you have time to get in a defensive position. A spotted jet from a distance means you have about 4 seconds to find cover. But you need to cap flags. Not everyone can be in a jet or a helo, so you need good infantry. The tactics you have while going against jets are alot different then going against infantry or armor.

What is harder, killing a jet or killing infantry? dumb question right. Killing jets is by far the hardest thing in the game.

So your an AT guy right. how many times have you taken a shot at a jet and hit it. Or even with a tank for that matter. Sure it can be done but i'm willing to bet everyone in BF2 has killed more armor and infantry then jets, as infantry or in armor.

Battlefield 2 is a game with more then 1 map. By only playing that one map and being the best at it, does not make you the best at the GAME. Your stats do not reflect how good you are at the GAME, but how good you are at that 1 map. The easiest map at that. Its easy to bunny hop and dodge bullets, but your not bunny hopping away from a bombing run.

Again these maps are taken with out the, well if your teams sucks or has the best players. If the skill was even on both teams, Karkand is the easiest map of them all. Like Fearmesnipers said, anyone with a good squad can get 58 kills and 0 deaths on karkand. But how many can do that on a big map with j-10's while on the ground? Being a bigger factor then a jet or chopper while on the ground IMO takes more skill then doing better then straight infantry.

IMO Karkand is played so much because

1. Quick bleed top, causes longer games, and higher scores.
2. fast pace infantry action. With out a doubt, sure there is.
3. Nothing in the air. People dont like dieing, and with shit in the air your going to die alot more then usual. As well as get frustrated because you can't kill them as easy.

Call me crazy but I enjoy every single map, sure I perfer a few, but I never leave a server because its not playing "my map". Its to the point where its hard to even find a good server with a full rotation anymore.

We all play for fun, and by all means play how ever you like. But all these guys that say look at my stats, or im the best infantry player in Battlefield 2, and they only play 1 map is bullshit. BF2 is more then Karkand. And to be a good BF2 player you need to be good at more then just 1 map or 1 kit.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2007-02-05 19:02:18)

DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6495
I think Infantry is played just about the same on most maps. IO is IO, no matter if its Songhua Stalemate or Karkand. Wherever you play its always going to be the squadfull of skilled medics that dominate. Its all about using squads to the fullest potential to do whatever it takes to gain possession of the map. The fundamentals of karkand are all still there.

My theory is that if your already generally skilled karkand bf2 player and have played 1942 and Desert Combat and generally understand the concept of Conquest and how squads add to its dynamic.... then its not that fucking hard to do well on other maps. So it really becomes an issue of not whether we have the skill to play other maps,  the issue is narrowed down to personal preference and thats it. I don't need to play Sharqi or Mushtuur as many times as I've played karkand to understand what it takes to win. Faith in my own skill, sense of tactics, and a reliable squad will do just as much.

Last edited by DivineMomentofTruth (2007-02-05 20:52:13)

bobroonie.bda
+143|6735

DivineMomentofTruth wrote:

I think Infantry is played just about the same on most maps. IO is IO, no matter if its Songhua Stalemate or Karkand. Wherever you play its always going to be the squadfull of skilled medics that dominate. Its all about using squads to the fullest potential to do whatever it takes to gain possession of the map. The fundamentals of karkand are all still there.

My theory is that if your already generally skilled karkand bf2 player and have played 1942 and Desert Combat and generally understand the concept of Conquest and how squads add to its dynamic.... then its not that fucking hard to do well on other maps. So it really becomes an issue of not whether we have the skill to play other maps,  the issue is narrowed down to personal preference and thats it. I don't need to play Sharqi or Mushtuur as many times as I've played karkand to understand what it takes to win. Faith in my own skill, sense of tactics, and a reliable squad will do just as much.
When it comes to IO only servers alot is the same, sure. Except maps with a ticket bleed, but that just means the round wont last as long. Does playing IO make you a better infantry player? Sure but only on infantry only servers. IO is way eaiser then standard maps. There basicly practice and fun maps. The difference when playing a standard sharqi with attack helos and a IO sharqi as an infantry player is a difference of like 6 KDR.

On IO servers you can get a great KDR of around 10 every time on average. Sometimes higher some lower. With Helos in the air your going about  4 to one average some higher some lower.

But theres also a difference in tactics. a person playing say a standard Dragon Valley 20 times will not have the same tactics a person playing it say a 150 times. Therefore will die more, out of shere lack of tactics.

wouldnt you say a player that has only played karkand 10 times would not do fairly well as a person playing it 200 out of lack of tactics. Certin maps you have to play a while to realize what works and what does not. And when you add in helo's and jets it becomes a different type of game all togethor. So different that they made a IO mod. baiscly a different game.

This is where so much time on so many maps reflect your stats. They might be great on karkand IO but spend a couple hundard hours on different maps and watch your stats drop.

I'm speaking out of personal expierence. If I only played karkand IO medic, would my stats go up or down? They would rise very quickly, just like anyone elses for that matter. Thats not a boast that is fact. Anyone who plays Karkand IO only will have good stats unless they are new or horrible. ANYONE. Now put those same people on a map with J-10's in the air, what happens? they die more, kill less. cap less flags. Unless there the ones flying the jets or helo's.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2007-02-05 22:19:28)

DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6495
I understand where you broaden your argument to vehicles, but I can definitley see how your stats might drop on other maps since the SPM you can achieve on Karkand in unparalleled by any other map. However I think your exaggerating the difference. A switch from IO kark to IO sharqi would most likley drop my spm a bit and not much more.

I also think your underestimating the random skillless bullshit that happens on Karkand which greatly adds to its difficulty. Support nade spammers are a serious problem and can fuck things up for any player skilled or not.

Last edited by DivineMomentofTruth (2007-02-05 22:32:50)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6774|California

The thought of playing 200 or more hours on one map just makes me cringe.
s()mtingWong
+48|6746
The best infantry player would get smashed if hes against a stacked team, expecially if hes a Lonewolf . All the best players i've known always had there clans/squads to save there asses .
Carman_Electra
+0|6345
^ your generalizing
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6774|California

Carman_Electra wrote:

^ your generalizing
point being? Its true for the most part. Even the worlds greatest player can not outrun 5 or 6 grenades at his feet.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6499|Wales
You cant say if someone plays one map alot if they play a different map they will automatically be bad. If you play karkand alot, thats just improving/ practising infantry skills. You can take infantry skills to any map. When the map switches to sharqi, mashtuur,oman w/e it doesnt mean i start becoming retarded and getting scores of 16 for 16.
Carman_Electra
+0|6345
^^ the worlds best player won't get in a situation where there will be 5 - 6 grenades at their feet
psH
Banned
+217|6437|Sydney
Oh, well the lord o' weed is a nade-spammer apparently, so i guess people will wanna get back at him.
fooseball
+0|6343

Marinejuana wrote:

iLL|camaroz and iLL|Double-D need mention
I would have to add iLL|Reefl3xx to the list as well >>  that kid is crazy seriously, i have seen the guy go bezerk in servers on a regular; he averages about 50+ kills per round and around 6 deaths whenever i see him on infantry only servers, i remember one round the guy went 70-11 on a 32 man size server; i was like holy f**k this kid eats too many wheaties or somethin/. I have seen some good infantry in my time playing this game but this guy seriously wrecks. http://bf2s.com/player/79498755/

Last edited by fooseball (2007-02-07 15:14:31)

Carman_Electra
+0|6345
^ I eat wheaties and i'm not that good
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6666|yourmomshouse
Engageo
garza432140
+8|6342

bobroonie.bda wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

bobroonie.bda wrote:

I played a few rounds with Ninja, he is a good player. We went a few rounds on Sharqi a while back. I would say he was one of the best I have encounterd.

Better then me? Not that day. we were about even on the 1 v 1 battles.
Sorry bob, he's on a completely different level than u. ive seen u play numerous times. u are good, but just not that good.

and i dont know how many times ive seen you on IO servers. i suggest u stop talking shit.
I said I dont respect Karkand only players IO or not. As I did say I play IO servers. Fuck I even said I play daily jalalajalabad ZULU at night.

Karkand is my issue, everyone thinks there so damn good cause they play the easiest map in the game. 1 map at that. Its not like they even play other maps. Infantry on Fushe pass, is 10x harder then karkand. Karkand is not a difficlut map to play. Americans take 1 flag ticktets stop bleeding, this causes mass high scores.

I said not that day, as is in when we played we pretty much went  1 for 1. Although he did knife me once. And did pull some good moves. I killed him, gaurded a spawn I thought he might be at, sure enough he spawns medic with the ak, I unload, he jumped did a 180 and head shot me. He was pretty damn impressive with that AK.

Why not talk shit, I like talking shit. its 6am I havent slept, might as well talk some shit.
you cant mention someone in your clan as the best member. MARINEJANE. ofcourse he might be good but it would of been better coming out of someones mouth other than yours.

i say guppy99_00 is a great infantry guy. he started of as a tank whore with a 1000- 5000 kd ration in assult riffles before he realized there was another side of bf2 that didnt involve tanks. so i give him props for that. And i heard he owned Influx in two different scrims. GGs!!!!
aLi3nZ
+138|6560|New Zealand

s()mtingWong wrote:

The best infantry player would get smashed if hes against a stacked team, expecially if hes a Lonewolf . All the best players i've known always had there clans/squads to save there asses .
Bull Shit.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6517|A W S M F O X

aLi3nZ wrote:

s()mtingWong wrote:

Bull Shit.
Indeed, if your fucking awesome, you dont need no stinking squad. Like me......:p lol.
garza432140
+8|6342

aLi3nZ wrote:

s()mtingWong wrote:

Bull Shit.
got a clan???
Marinejuana
local
+415|6639|Seattle

bobroonie.bda wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

Every map is "easy" when playing against an easy team. But this what I'm saying. Taking out the "skill factor" because every map is "harder" with better players. But the maps itself and what the maps intail by itself are harder then karkand. So if you look at every map as if  there is "equal" skill on both teams, which map is harder then the other?
i wanted to include a sample of your writings.

ok bobroonie, so the big maps are the only ones that take skill? maybe because it is literally impossible to cross many of the big maps open spaces without non-retarded people on the other team picking you off? didnt u ever think that huge vehicle maps are completely unblanced for infantry combat? maybe because the vehicles were all designed with the ability to be immediately invinceable against infantry and instantly able to kill? wouldnt it be impossible to judge infantry-to-infantry combat if you have these rock-paper-scissor machines rolling through the map dominating to their full (usual) potential? maybe thats why IO exists and why CAL and TWL have always had 5 v 5 infantry competitions. oh look, you just learned something!

JET_G raidensen wrote:

aLi3nZ wrote:

s()mtingWong wrote:

Bull Shit.
Indeed, if your fucking awesome, you dont need no stinking squad. Like me......:p lol.
s()mtingwong is the kind of player to embarrass an ego like bobroonie. hes one of the best pubbers i encounter (he is also a fastloading, low ping, good hitreg, teamstacking son of a bitch). and he is entirely correct. the team you are playing for and against are going to determine a lot about how the match fares. great players can easily lose rounds if their team is simply being capped out by a coordianted horde.

thats part of why small compact maps have a lot of skill potential for infantry. infantry fighting in a small area play a larger role in determining the fate of each battle and the outcome of the match.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-02-09 04:40:51)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6707
I must admit those infantry trains really piss me off.. more than 3 at a time is as good as impossible by yourself (and I mean at once, not in single file, in which case its just easy pickin's) since 1.4. While your entire team is recapping gatehouse because a single enemy capped it, 15 enemies are going for Hotel and I'm the only person there defending it against the hordes. GG me.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
paper_pieon
+7|6357
+ Matador, + Akuma.unit

ummm minus.elmo is pretty good!

cloud-walker is good (IB clan)

who else?? ahh lets see, i hear that paper_pigeon goes off

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard