Bosjesman1
+2|6704|Heteren, The Netherlands

Katash wrote:

BTW heres a taster of Steel Beasts, the commentary was from a docu on disovery channel but someone replaced the video with in game footage, dont much like playing the M1.

steal beasts?
looks more like armed assault movie to me....
liquix
+51|6454|Peoples Republic of Portland
For the time, imho no tank was better than the Königtiger.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

liquix wrote:

Well you're wrong.

The best tank of the era was the T-34. The best value was the Sherman. The King Tiger was an iconic tank, but of little practical use.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

M1 is still best .
Unleash the uber model!

https://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3352/abramsyv5.jpg

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-07-28 15:00:15)

liquix
+51|6454|Peoples Republic of Portland

Bertster7 wrote:

liquix wrote:

Well you're wrong.

The best tank of the era was the T-34. The best value was the Sherman. The King Tiger was an iconic tank, but of little practical use.
Ok, 15 to 1 sherman/tiger was a pretty bad ratio i guess. T34 was a good tank, but it underwent significant modifications before it surpassed the tiger
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

liquix wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

liquix wrote:

Well you're wrong.

Ok, 15 to 1 sherman/tiger was a pretty bad ratio i guess. T34 was a good tank, but it underwent significant modifications before it surpassed the tiger
But the Sherman cost so little you could quite happily build 15 for every King Tiger. The T-34 was simply much better.

The King Tiger itself was really a bit rubbish. It was unreliable and underpowered, despite having a great gun. It also cost an extortionate amount. Meaning it was typically vastly outnumbered by the Allies cheap Shermans.

15:1 isn't that great a ratio either - compare that to the 200:0 ratio for the Challenger.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6595|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Bertster7 wrote:

liquix wrote:

Well you're wrong.

T-34 or T-34/85 varient.

on a different note, i think it would depend on the skill and training of the crew and not the vehicle itself, the vehicle can only go so far. personally i'd say the Merkava Mark IV is the best.

Bertster7 wrote:

liquix wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Well you're wrong.

But the Sherman cost so little you could quite happily build 15 for every King Tiger. The T-34 was simply much better.

The King Tiger itself was really a bit rubbish. It was unreliable and underpowered, despite having a great gun. It also cost an extortionate amount. Meaning it was typically vastly outnumbered by the Allies cheap Shermans.

15:1 isn't that great a ratio either - compare that to the 200:0 ratio for the Challenger.
The downfall for the king tiger came from allied air superiority, had we not been able to bomb the living shit out of their factories they would've built the king tiger very well, but when they captured a few and examined them they found that the metal used was very very poor quality. in reality the Panzer VI Ausf. B was a terrible tank, but in theory it would've dominated with the right alloys at the time.

Last edited by seymorebutts443 (2007-07-29 06:24:11)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6194|Schofield Barracks

ig wrote:

is this a joke, M1A2 ftw easily
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

ig wrote:

is this a joke, M1A2 ftw easily
You fucking bumped a year old topic to simply post that
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6474|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
This thread should be closed, its nothing but trouble.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862
close
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6107|Birmingham, UK
Challenger II followed closely by the M1
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6478|Communist Republic of CA, USA

ELITE-UK wrote:

This thread should be closed, its nothing but trouble.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6394|The Gem Saloon
close this thread!!!!
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5961|Washington DC
this

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/British_Mark_IV_Tadpole_tank.jpg
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6343|tropical regions of london
USA.  everyone else sucks.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
Speaking of WW1 tanks. It was a French tank which set the precedent for all tanks to this day.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/FT_17.jpg/300px-FT_17.jpg

The FT 17 was the first tank with an armament in a fully rotating turret, and its configuration with the turret on top, engine in the back and the driver in front became the conventional one, repeated in most tanks until today; at the time it was a revolutionary innovation, causing armour historian Steven Zaloga to describe the type as "the world's first modern tank".[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_FT-17

In service     1917-1945
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
nerds topic.

booooooooooooring.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire

m3thod wrote:

nerds topic.

booooooooooooring.
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

Let me settle this once and for all; L2A6 is clearly the best tank in the world. You may now close if you wish

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard