URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6620|inside the recesses of your...

HellFall33 wrote:

Dark Messiah or Gothic 3. both of those games are the best
I've only played it very little, but from that short experience I understand why most reviews of Dark Messiah are mediocre.
herrr_smity
+156|6629|space command ur anus
defcon
[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3140754800761485649&q=defcon+game[/google]
xm20k
+11|6363
If you guys are into Dawn Of War check out Company of heros just picked this up myself. It's grafics are sweet and it's based on missions of the 101st airborn during WWII.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Not quite out yet but.. damnnn
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
BF2142 = brilliant. Titan mode FTW.
{TJM}**generalray
+1|6371
ive been lookin for an excuse to get a xbox 360......i think gears of war is gonna win it for me.......any of you guys played it......
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6585|England

stkhoplite wrote:

Warhammer 40000 Dawn Of War
I already own dawn of war and the expansions, i loved the game but i didn't like mark of chaos. They changed the game play fore the worse IMO and I like playing skirmishes but there was no option too.

fadedsteve wrote:

Medieval Total War is the way to go!! Fucking awesome game!!!

I have had it for a week now, and it has really cut into my bf2/2142 gameplay!! Gfx are great, gameplay is really easy to pick up, and the concept is cool.  Highly recommended!!!

As far as half life goes, its fun, but I am waiting personally for the new Insurgency mod that is coming out for Half life source.  It wont be out till probably early next year, so in the meantime, play Total War you wont be disappointed.
I just download and played the demo, to be honest it didn't grab me. As I suspected It wasnt the type of rts i liked, just giving me an army and. However I did like the fact that it was real battles.

Superior Mind wrote:

If you want a few good games for a pretty low price. Download some games from Steam. They have alot of fun stuff. (DoD:S, CS:S and don't forget Garry's Mod.)
I already did that when BF2 got boring and I was waiting fro 2142, i loved Gary's mod but i failed to see the attraction of Cs:s.

Arkhon wrote:

I agree with everyone here so far they are all great games, I would suggest getting FEAR (the full version) if you like FPS because I honestly had alot of fun (and it was quite challenging aswell.)
Thats not a bad idea actually i got the demo around this time last year but never bought it, how long did it last you?

An Enlarged Liver wrote:

I heard there is a new game coming called 'Spawn' where basically you start as a single celled organism and evolve into a Galactic conquering race - Sounded kind of cerebral and a little different than the standard shoot em up.
Wow, thats going to be one hell of a long game.

Kmarion wrote:

Yeah I'm looking forward to it, whats the latest on the release?

herrr_smity wrote:

defcon
[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3140754800761485649&q=defcon+game[/google]
Im sorry but I hated this game, good slogan though.

COH seems to be a good choice, I'll look into it. Keep the suggestions coming.
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6605|Philadelphia, PA

_The.Don_05 wrote:

I was thinking of getting Half Life Episode one but I'm not sure, is it a worthy expansion of HL2? If I was to buy Half Life Episode 2, as I desperately want to play portal, would I understand what was going on or would I have to play though Ep1 to follow the story line?
Episode One is definitely worth the $20. It's very short but also very enjoyable. You could of course just skip Episode One but I think you would be a little lost while playing Episode Two. I highly recommend Episode One. But you're going to have to find another game to play for a little while because Episode Two is delayed.

If you're looking for an RTS I would definitely recommend Company Of Hero's. I'm not a very big fan of RTS games but COH is a game you should look into buying. I usually get bored easily with RTSs but not with COH. I've had it since it was released and I still play it. It hasn't gotten boring even a little bit.  It's an awesome gaming experience.

A FPS you should look into is Rainbow Six: Vegas. This game looks awesome. I'm going to buy it when it's released.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2006-11-29 13:41:25)

iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6531|Belgium
The Supreme Commander Beta has just been released, download it (for free) and see if you like it.

As mentioned HL:E1 was good fun, but it will only keep you busy for 5 hours or so.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

iPoon.be wrote:

The Supreme Commander Beta has just been released, download it (for free) and see if you like it.
Oooh! Oooh! Where?!
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Big McLargehuge

Cheez wrote:

iPoon.be wrote:

Oooh! Oooh! Where?!
It's available at FilePlanet.com. But I think it's a FilePlanet subscriber only beta. But I'm not sure. And it's multiplayer only. So the only way you can play it is online.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

Big McLargehuge wrote:

Cheez wrote:

iPoon.be wrote:

Oooh! Oooh! Where?!
It's available at FilePlanet.com. But I think it's a FilePlanet subscriber only beta. But I'm not sure. And it's multiplayer only. So the only way you can play it is online.
Aww. Guess its back to Total Annihilation for now.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Wojo97civic
+5|6452

Kmarion wrote:

WORD!!! i hope it comes out soon cause i cant wait till march
Big McLargehuge
I suggest you look at this thread.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
Well this will be long...

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - short but good. It has a very linear story, only a small RPG element, a resonable story line, great graphics and great fun. This game provided me with a hella lot of fun, the different ways of killing people is huge, whether it be on spikes, off a cliff, decapitation, skewering, fire, etc anything you can think of. The physics of the game are awesome, like smashing poles causing stuff to fall, chopping ropes, jumping on things, throwing objects. The graphics are also awesome, faces, water, flames, ice etc.

http://darkmessiahgame.uk.ubi.com/

Gothic III - O MY GOD! This game is so fun to play, but has many many faults. It has huge advantages like graphics, physics, quests, life span, etc. The way you can play it changes so much, just love it. However... Bugs, the number of bugs in this game is astronomical, wall clipping, etc. Fighting, that kinda gets shitty sometimes, enemies that attack once and stun you thus killing you without any chance for you to stop them, you hacking right mouse button and winning every fight, one of the reasons I use both in different variations to get some cool fights. Overall an incredible game and once its patched enough will reign over Oblivion which atm it doesn't.

http://www.gothic3.com/index.php?do=097 … 1110101061

Neverwinter Nights 2 - It is fun to play but not the best in its genre, lacking in story line but some nice RPG elements and fun combat.

http://www.atari.com/nwn2/

Supreme Commander Beta - The multiplayer Beta is out now. This beta is very buggy at the moment, joining games is a fucking chore. Sometimes it connects straight away sometimes it never does, sometimes you get DCed when the game starts, sometimes the game lags out in game. Otherwise this game is the SHIT! Its incredibly fun, combat is awesome the tech trees are huge, a great expansion on Total Annihilation, can't wait to get it for real and play single player aswell as multiplayer.

http://www.supremecommander.com/

Medieval 2 Total War - Very fun, not gunna spend ages explaining but it is better than RTW, a great game.

http://www.totalwar.com/?lang=en

HL2 Episode 1 - Well worth getting if you played HL2.

Spore - Not out yet but looks very fun.

FEAR - The win in terms of AI and fun shooter.

Hope that helps people decide.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

Big McLargehuge wrote:

I suggest you look at this thread.
Just copied my latest update from there onto here.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6699

https://dawnofwar.free.fr/wallpapers/01.jpg
Rectal exam bot?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

Big McLargehuge wrote:

Cheez wrote:

iPoon.be wrote:

Oooh! Oooh! Where?!
It isnt subsribers only, anyone with a gamespy account can get it. It is hella cool.
herrr_smity
+156|6629|space command ur anus
company of heroes is a very good game, i got it yesterday and it rules
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada
Company of Heroes FTW!
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6704
For me Half-Life Episode 1 is a must, it expands the storyline, yes it was short, though every momment was a quality part, no boring routine parts.

Also I've been playing on Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-44 which is AMAZING if you like Uber-Realistic games! It's great for both tank battles, and long drawn out firefights which cannot be played in an arcade way (a la BF2!) It's all about cover, cover, cover, position and aiming! Also every single patch adds maps, weapons, vehicles and never intoduces new bugs so far! You get more in one patch than you do in AF and EF! Also it's very cheap now.

Anyone else play Red Orchestra? I LOVE IT!

Last edited by ShowMeTheMonkey (2006-12-02 16:23:20)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
Of course 2142, if you don't have it you're nuts
Need for Speed:Carbon
F.E.A.R.
Guild Wars
FarCry
COD2
Age of Empires is always solid
LockerFish
+47|6707

Abstinuous wrote:

as a bf2 player and u want to play RTS, head towards Company of Heroes 9.8/10 i would give it
Ditto. Company of Heroes for the win.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6524
Company of Heroes is good. Medieval 2 Total War is very good as well. Also check out the Supreme Commander Open Beta at fileplanet. SupCom is the best game ever. Cant wait till it comes out in Q1 2007.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6776
Company of Heroes = win.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard