I_invented_BF2
DICE/EA spokesman
+19|6453|denmark
that's impressive work. I'm sure the spell check took more time, than I need to type an ordinary post.

now - do the other maps as well...
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Very nice guide man. Absolutely brilliant work.

One thing I wanted to add to your C4 trick at the Hangar Bay Aft is that you can substitute the C4 for an AT mine, which works wonders since the chopper will usually(or accidentally) touch down to gain access to the hangar.

+1 to you.

EDIT-typo

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2006-11-27 07:37:24)

Steaming_Poo
+3|6365
good job you put alot of work into that +1
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6646|respawn screen
Best Guide so far, +1

Things I miss:
This little guide gives some hints on Apache vs Tunguska and that's important for Mecsf to limit the Apache a little.

As you said, the transport chopper is the only real option to make it onto the ship so don't land and always crash it to make it RESPAWN.

If you're commander as mecsf, always drop a boat on land because it looks funny and you can pad your transport time...
If you're commander as seal, always drop a boat on the mecsf commander...
JaggedPanther
+61|6444
Yes indeed.

I got my Navy Seals and MEC:SF awards so I'm probably moving to my plane & commander awards next (so I'll probably won't be around SF servers as much now) but that is comphrehensive and jpegs adds to it all. +1

Perhaps it is mentioned in there (didn't read it yet) just in case, the reason why the essex should be taken out is the transport chopper has an easier time with the essex taken out. Even if my gunner doesn't know how to use a TV I go over and take it out with the hind spread (most of the time you can take it out even by yourself in a hind)

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2006-11-27 11:11:39)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

I have updated the guide to suit additonal tactics from both myself and others and credited where necessary.
(Delphy, -TL- and Bratwurstschnecke).

Delphy wrote:

Very nice guide.
Thanks

Delphy wrote:

Don't ever try to land the Mi-17 on the deck. You'll get SRAW-ed to shit. The best tactic for it is to take off, stay where you are and just climb, till you're a good 300/400 feet up. The Essex will be locking on while you're climbing, but it'll miss when you flare because of the range. Then just fly straight towards the viewing deck, and HALO out. Go downstairs to the Mess Hall or Hangar Bay Fore, nobody spawns there and you can take them easily.
Well, on the Flight Deck thats definitly true. In my experience, you can get away with landing or jumping out of the heli outside the Control Tower entrance no problems (other than the Apache...).
It just depends on how many people are playing - a full 64man server, then definitly do not land anywhere on the deck!
It takes 3 SRAW's to take you out, so the less people - the better the chance you have.

Delphy wrote:

When inside the ship, you want a fast weapon, infantry combat on this map is all about speed as there's nowhere to hide really; it's all about who gets the drop. Ak-47, Ak-101, G3 and G36C are all great for this, when you come across an enemy, prone and fire.
The support guns are slower, in a head-on with a decent player with one of the aforementioned weapons you will generally lose. However, they are useful for camping a spot; prone on a staircase where you know enemies will come from, you can often suprise them, or prone in the corner of a corridor facing away from a door where enemies will be running through. Often they will run past you and you can fill their back with lead!

RPK-74 is the best, if you don't have access to that then the PKM is also good.
Agreed. Also, dont underestimate the SEALs Scar-H...it is accurate, reliable and powerful. A really good weapon.
The rapid firing shotguns are also very useful when the fighting is around the First Floor and going between the Mess Hall and Hangar Bay Fore flags - lots of CQC where the DAO, MK3A1 and even the S12K really dominate, especially on the stairs.
The M11-87 is also quite useful, but only in experienced hands, since the infantry battles are fast and intense - so if you miss, you have a long wait while an AK would have you dead before you can fire again.
Bunny hopping helps a little, but I find the rapid firing shotguns are more reliable due to the fast paced action in these areas.

Tjasso wrote:

Ziplines and Grapple Hooks ... why ??? why they removed it ??? Silly move it is !
I believe they were originally on the map but taken out in a previous patch, like 1.2 or something.
XISIX
+116|6585
Nicely done !    +1

Another pretty obvious tip that I will do at times :

Quick route from Flight Deck to 1st Floor Engine is
parachute down off edge of carrier into water.

Either grab RIB or quick swim into boat bay.
If MECSF have taken lower flags + guarding stairwells- sneaky way to 1st floor.

Remember when I started out getting confused.
Your side diagrams should help several out.

Cheers.
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6621|United States
Good guide also this will help for noobs +1
Brasso
+1,549|6600

How about Iron Gator for Dummies:

pg. 1

Iron Gator = laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

pg. 2

Same as pg. 1

And so on...

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-11-28 15:54:26)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

haffeysucks wrote:

How about Iron Gator for Dummies:

pg. 1

Iron Gator = laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

pg. 2

Same as pg. 1

And so on...
pg. 3 = get a better computer
...or just dont play on full 64man servers.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6501
Are you sure you can use night vision. In all my time I either didnt notice or your special and you can use it.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA

ShadowFoX wrote:

Are you sure you can use night vision. In all my time I either didnt notice or your special and you can use it.
The only tactical equipment u can use is gas and gas mask. No NV unless we all missed something

Grapples would be nice on the map though, be a little easier to get on the ship as MECsf besides choppers and being sploded in boats by AT rockets.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

ShadowFoX wrote:

Ah ha, you spotted my deliberate mistake

When reading that I was thinking "wtf..."

But reading my guide again, I see what you mean. That is a good point. I didnt even realise I had put NV in the guide!
Thanks for pointing that out...Im amending it now.

Goes to show that someone pays attention
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

Ok, this WILL be in the featured section.!
~c4~cheppi
+29|6328|Forest Green
well done you have made me want to play Iron Gator
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6501
Oh yeah one thing im going to add is the rearm and repair zones dont look a 100% accurate but it gets the general jist down.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Snake wrote:

http://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screeni … _Rearm.png

Just note that the above picture is a rough indication, it is up to you to find the exact spots.
You can also rearm inside the Hangar Bay, by the Aft flag and also in the Boat Bay too (where RIBS/APC can also repair).
I had that one covered

And after playing tonight, Im actually not so sure on the one inside the Hangar Bay. Ive been in there and been repaired before. But othertimes it wont. Anyway, earlier I was in there and on half armoud from an AT rocket, yet we didnt get repaired (and we had control of the flag). Then, a supply crate was dropped directly above us, and only then did it start repairing.
So Im gona have to look into that.

Also, I swear the rearm zones move from round to round (as logical as that sounds). Sometimes I hover - and nothing. Other times, it works fine. It really annoys me cos I have to play hunt the invisible helipad. Its probably just out by a bit, but I seem to get it all the time, especially with the one by the Flight Deck.

Im also in the process of adding in a bit about the Essex Gun and noting when it can be used by SEALs and when by MEC (so far, its something to do with the 2 Deck Flags. If MEC have the Flight Deck, SEALs cant use it. But then Ive found that thats not always the case). Anyone have any additional info on this?
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6501
If there is a supply crate on the top of the ship you can get repaired while flying around in the hangar bay.

As far the repair zones go their pretty much in the same spot. I think there is one above each point. When occasionaly raping the viewing deck you can get resuplied a bit farther from the essex so I assume its because your above mess hall.

The essex gun is an enigma. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the inner points of the ship. Also the gun must be destroyed and then it respawns instantly for the other side.

Last edited by ShadowFoX (2006-12-02 17:58:41)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

ShadowFoX wrote:

If there is a supply crate on the top of the ship you can get repaired while flying around in the hangar bay.

As far the repair zones go their pretty much in the same spot. I think there is one above each point. When occasionaly raping the viewing deck you can get resuplied a bit farther from the essex so I assume its because your above mess hall.

The essex gun is an enigma. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the inner points of the ship. Also the gun must be destroyed and then it respawns instantly for the other side.
I bet thats what happened with the Hangar Bay when I got repaired before now. I only noticed it tonight since the commander dropped supplies above us. Ill check it, but it does seem to be that so ill change it.
Might be hard to prove since supply crates just get dropped everywhere!

With the Essex gun, thats what I thought. But before now, Ive hopped out of it to repair it and stop it from being blown up - only to not be able to get back into it
Ive never considered the inner flags, but maybe it is unusable if the SEALs are on equal flags or have less of them?
Its so annoying when you shoot it with the heli to take it out to see 3-4 "TEAM VEHICLE DAMAGE" messages thrown across your screen
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6499|Belgium
Snake has your guide mentioned that you can only repair your heli at cap points that are controlled by your team?
All attack heli's should remember to keep at least one deck flag safe (viewing deck or flight deck).
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Im in the process of updating the guide with some new bits n bobs. I havent put a note in about that, but I might now you mention it
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

UPDATE:

• Topic title logo created and added
  • 16size map info added (Section 7)
  • Essex Gun notes added and expanded (Section 6)
  • Heli repair zones updated (Section 5)
  • Use of AT mines added (Section 6)
  • MEC AT Rockets Vs Essex Gun (Section 5)
  • Server IP's updated (Section 8)
  • More info and tips added regarding Barrels, Sniping, Mounted LMG's & Teleporting (Section 7) 
  • Slight changes to layout and some text added/changed in places

As you can see, its a pretty major update to the guide.

Still got a few more things I would like to add in due course, but thats for another time
Delphy
+45|6555|Bristol, UK
I think the Essex Gun won't work if the MEC have either of the deck flags (Viewing or Flight Deck). Then it becomes indestructible and you can't get in it.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Delphy wrote:

I think the Essex Gun won't work if the MEC have either of the deck flags (Viewing or Flight Deck). Then it becomes indestructible and you can't get in it.
Yea, Ive come across that before now - but other times, that hasnt been the case.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany
Your guide should be added to the wiki, since there is no guide to the "Iron Gator" and yours is great.
http://wiki.bf2s.com/maps/battlefield-2 … iron-gator

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-12-08 05:23:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard