-fe.lep-
+8|6695
Well, Much as I said I would never purchase 2142 I end the end gave in a decied to give it a go. Let's face it EA/Dice seemed to have made some positive fixes with 1.40 in BF2 so why the hell not.

1st impressions. A patch released before the game was. Not really a good sign. I loved the way they attempted the spin tho "It's a good thing that we are working as quickly as we do on patches now, look here's one and the game is'nt even out" How about we say that in non-news speak, "christ, we fucked it up again, someone found a fault in our final shipping code and its that bad we need to do something fast to stop people from talking about it and robbing us of our highly undeserved sales"

Next, Titan mode, Everything in this mode is great, well apart from the whole point of this game is to have 2 monster ships on the map that can move round and bring variety to the game by positioning and having to adjust tactics to suit. Thing is, you can't move the titans without causing massive lag to everyone on board once the shields are down!! Great! EA's Genius Idea to fix it, next patch once the titans shields are down, REMOVE THE ABILITY FROM THEM TO MOVE, Classic! How about you just fix the coding causing the lag and leave one of the best features in the game the fuck alone..... Next, glitching, hey u wanna be able to shoot through walls, YOU GOT IT, You wanna ignore all that "take all 4 panels our before moving on to kill the titan core, YOU GOT IT!

HELL, If you don't really wanna play the game at all but instead just wanna sit still and have EA/Dices rather fucked up game supply you with thousands of points.

http://www.fe-lep.com/OFFS

THATS RIGHT FOLKS, YOU GOT IT!!

One thing that EA don't supply with the new game is a decent stats site, How about bf2s members putting pressure on EA to get one thing right in this rather bullshit MOD of BF2.

I'm off, lunch and rant over. o/
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6634|can
Padding is the only fun thing left in 2142. They nerfed everything so bad that it completely sucks.

Last edited by TrashBlinD (2006-11-17 05:13:21)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6431|Brisbane, Australia

TrashBlinD wrote:

Padding is the only fun thing left in 2142. They nerfed everything so bad that it completely sucks.
i really dont think thats true.............i havent padded at all and enjoy playing 2142 just as much as bf2
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6634|can

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

i really dont think thats true.............i havent padded at all and enjoy playing 2142 just as much as bf2
Good for you. I play the game "normally" sometimes but It gets boring after 2 rounds.
Zefar
+116|6641|Sweden

TrashBlinD wrote:

Maybe you are just bad with those things.

Frankly I love BF2142 and I have had more fun in it than BF2 at least. Though BF2 is still a good game but BF2142 is not a mod because EA changed EVERYTHING in it. They didn't use the old animations from BF2 nor any skins from it.

Also anyone thought that those big things might not be able to move without problems? Maybe it's due to how the Engine is built and such.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6670|In You Endo- Stoke

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

Yeah i love it too,and probally more so as i want have to put in 380 hours to get 35,000 points.

Also there is a stats site,
http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/

Its a different game because its not easy to whore vehicles or there isn't a karkland that every plays.
Blazeoneoneo
+0|6610|Scotland
Man, I enjoy reading this forum but this is getting super annoying. I mean think about it. If Dice made up some shit saying that the titans just could not move after the shields are down due to the flux capacitor being damaged from the start you'd possibly not piss and moan about it. I do agree that this should have been sorted out before go live and what the f was all the beta testing about if it was never fixed in the first place.

I play BF2142 and I enjoy it! That's something you don't here in this place very often. If you are so sick of it then just dontt play it - get a refund if you've just bought it - If I bought shoes and they weren't designed for my feet I'd get my money back immediately.

I lurve the game and it's buggy and it's got some glitches.......ahem.....spawn.....but me and my friends who play don't use stats padding so it's and even playing field with us and that competitive element is excellent.

that's my 2 pence worth......
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6725|Oslo, Norway
Wow, I really care about you not being succsefull in a game and making an own topic for it, we should have an official I think 2142 sucked and want to play BF2 again!
saber66
+12|6448
true.....all the glitches and rendering mistakes ea made in this game is suprising becuase it prolly was a problem in trhe beta, so why not fix it?...well its ea and they have lots of games and honostly i think they are treating this more of a side job they get to wen they can and not a priority no matter wat they say. its taken them over a month now to get one patch out to fix easy things that needed to be fixed as the transport glitch and rendereing the whole titan as one. i think ea messed up and should just go back to making bf2 better and making the vehicles less easy to whore with as well as have some more servers. i may jsut hang up the towel for bf2142 and just go back to bf2 cuase it was not this bad....
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6767|EUR
What are you talking about him not being succesful? Did you even read his post. He is saying that EA have made a lot of fuck ups including a big one - being that you cannot move the titan after shields are down, that really angers me its like taking a 1/3 of titan gameplay away and this game was advertising itself on how great titan combat is, thats why most and me got the game. +1 to topic starter.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
For me 2142 > BF2, but I still enjoy playing BF2.  The sound is 10x better in 2142 and the explosion animations are much better, too.  Best of all 2142 run soooooo much smoother.  I will be playing 2142 much longer than I'll stick with BF2. 

PS They do have a decent stats site.  Just login on the official 2142 site and it has a pretty slick stats section.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6735|Reality
ROFLLMAO at all the people who thought BF2142 would be any different than BF2 glitch-wise. SUCKERS.

Or should I pity you fools duped yet again by DICE/EA?
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6767|EUR
No "real" glitches in conquest mode other then wall glitching - in titan mode its "DICE stepping into the unknown" again and they really did a shit mistake in disabling the titan movement.
Stingray24

Stubbee wrote:

ROFLLMAO at all the people who thought BF2142 would be any different than BF2 glitch-wise. SUCKERS.  Or should I pity you fools duped yet again by DICE/EA?
It is much different, 2142 is better by far in relation to bugs.  No red tag, squad, or shock paddles bugs and  very little lag unless some idiot moves the Titan.  Moving the Titan adds an extremely small variation in gameplay, I can live without it.  The Titan needs to be defended after the shields are down anyway, not moved.  Big deal.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

What in BF2 even equated to the tian drop glitch?
Stingray24

jsnipy wrote:

That exactly my point: for overall gameplay, not being able to move the titan is a small issue compared to BF2 bugs which effected all basic gameplay.  The Titan can still be moved the whole time the shields are up, so the commander can use that time to find the most strategic position.
Pice_of_paper
oBy| Back In Business
+28|6454

WilhelmSissener wrote:

Wow, I really care about you not being succsefull in a game and making an own topic for it, we should have an official I think 2142 sucked and want to play BF2 again!
right on bro! i think 2142 sucks as well...
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6817|Netherlands
https://home.planet.nl/~wagen119/afbeeldingen/wpd5013965.jpg

Its called the American way to sell stuff that isn't finished.
tefI0n
Temporary Messiah
+14|6389|Kalamazoo, MI
This post is going to be too frustrating to read, I'm sure, so if someone already stated this, whatever.

You can't just "fix" a game 2 days before launch. The code is finalized, the discs are all being printed with it, and everything is being packed and shipped. It's not like they can just halt production and "correct it." The patch was released a day or two before release. Get over it, otherwise there would have been a delay on launch and you'd be even more geeked up.

Said it before, I'll say it again...there really is no pleasing gamers. Ever.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6727|Houston, TX
Here is the sticky where your original post should have gone. There are also many live threads that say the same as you. You could have found with the search page.

Everything you are complaining about is knowledge already known before you purchased the game. Did you spend 50 bucks just to justify your complaining?

Also complaining about patching the game is kinda silly. Just shows what little you know about the actual work that goes into a game. You should be happy DICE patches anything. They pay more attentions to there BF series than any other company does with their own FPSs.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Four posts til close!
Zefar
+116|6641|Sweden
Actually Valve cares about their CSS and kept updating it for over 2 years now. They also have other FPS titles that have gotten loads of updates though now their older CS version have completely stopped in terms of updates.

Blizzard have been updating some of their games in 5 whole years or more before they finally released the final. Though Blizzards games are mostly RTS and RPGs but still 5 years is a long time.

EA ain't the only company that cares for their game you know.
MDKThePriest
+6|6554

TheMajorBummer wrote:

Its called the American way to sell stuff that isn't finished.
Pretty sure the game was made in Stockholm
MDKThePriest
+6|6554

Zefar wrote:

Actually Valve cares about their CSS and kept updating it for over 2 years now. They also have other FPS titles that have gotten loads of updates though now their older CS version have completely stopped in terms of updates.

Blizzard have been updating some of their games in 5 whole years or more before they finally released the final. Though Blizzards games are mostly RTS and RPGs but still 5 years is a long time.

EA ain't the only company that cares for their game you know.
Then play them and quit bitching in BF forums?
Dex Luther
+32|6430|Canukastan

TrashBlinD wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

Good for you. I play the game "normally" sometimes but It gets boring after 2 rounds.
Here's a tip then; STOP PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME IF IT'S SO FUCKING BORING! Is it EA's fault you have a low attention span? That's one thing they CAN'T patch.

No one's holding a gun to your head forcing you to play after the game's gotten boring to you. Get a life. I'm sure that will help.

Stingray24 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

That exactly my point: for overall gameplay, not being able to move the titan is a small issue compared to BF2 bugs which effected all basic gameplay.  The Titan can still be moved the whole time the shields are up, so the commander can use that time to find the most strategic position.
The only thing I don't like is the jadded moving around. I don't think it's really lag though, even though people are calling it that. I actually like the way that if you're looking the wrong way and through a grenade while the titan is moving, it can/will actually come back at you!

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-11-17 14:27:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard