spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6648|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
Yes, this is a serious topic by me. get over it.

The new South Park episode..

Was I the only one who really didn't find it funny in the slightest?

Cancer "jokes" aren't funny.
Cancer "jokes" that include children aren't funny.

The Steve Irwin jokes were also pretty lame this time round too.. i mean, he's been dead no more that 2 months.. Give it a bit of time to set in first?

Yes, I know it's a cartoon.. but no, cancer jokes will never be funny.

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-11-16 18:33:23)

CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6513

spawnofthemist wrote:

Yes, this is a serious topic by me. get over it.

The new South Park episode..

Was I the only one who really didn't find it funny in the slightest?

Cancer "jokes" aren't funny.
Cancer "jokes" that include children aren't funny.

The Steve Irwin jokes were also pretty lame this time round too.. i mean, he's been dead no more that 2 months.. Give it a bit of time to set in first?

Yes, I know it's a cartoon.. but no, cancer jokes will never be funny.
i know, but then again jew jokes, aids jokes, suicide jokes, racist of all kind jokes are what the show is based on.  cancer and steve irwin is no more than another joke to south park
spawnofthemist
Banned

Canadianloser wrote:

i know, but then again jew jokes, aids jokes, suicide jokes, racist of all kind jokes are what the show is based on.  cancer and steve irwin is no more than another joke to south park
i guess knowing people who are dying with it, or people who have died from it really changes your view on it.
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6513

spawnofthemist wrote:

Canadianloser wrote:

i guess knowing people who are dying with it, or people who have died from it really changes your view on it.
and i guess if ur best friend has aids, or ur brother just commited suicide, u wont be too happy that they just poked fun at that either...
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6750
The cancer jokes weren't necessarily funny.  The Irwin jokes were flat out terrible. 
The hockey scenes and music played was hilarious though.  Minnesota kids are way better than Colorado kids at hockey too.
[UK]Blazing.Armour
+12|6648
I never really gave a thought about the cancer jokes in that episode. I didn't laugh at the Steve Irwin joke in the slightest though, I thought it was pretty cold. And yeah, some people could be offended of jew jokes, but there meant to sound stupid and fictional. I never heard of any aid jokes in South Park though.

Last edited by [UK]Blazing.Armour (2006-11-16 18:44:41)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
oh Jesus, another "South Park is tasteless" thread. Go watch the one with family guy and the mohammad cartoons again.
bobby177
+129|6479|Texas.. getting out asap
Racist jokes are funny. Cancer jokes are funny. Jewish jokes are funny. Steve Irwin jokes are funny.

But South Park still fucking sucks.
spawnofthemist
Banned

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

oh Jesus, another "South Park is tasteless" thread. Go watch the one with family guy and the mohammad cartoons again.
actually, i fucking love every other single episode. just not the latest one.

bobby177 wrote:

Racist jokes are funny. Cancer jokes are funny. Jewish jokes are funny. Steve Irwin jokes are funny.

and you listen to "death metal"

nuff said.

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-11-16 19:02:29)

Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6781
I thought the Family Guy cancer joke with Rudolf was pretty funny.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6853|San Francisco

That is exactly the point, South Park doesn't pull any punches when it comes to making fun of things. They make fun of anything and everything equally, which is why it is so great.

This episode, although not the best of recent episodes, was still hilarious.
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6513

spawnofthemist wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

actually, i fucking love every other single episode. just not the latest one.

bobby177 wrote:

and you listen to "death metal"

nuff said.
pwnd²
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6668|The Outer Circle

bobby177 wrote:

Steve Irwin jokes are funny.
"im gonna jam my thumb in its butthole"
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6741|Houston, TX
Cancer wasn't really what the jokes where about. I guess when something hits kinda close to home it can hurt though. The episode was making fun of crappy movie plots. Mostly "The Mighty Ducks". All the child with cancer represented was the purpose. Purpose for the team to succeed. Would you still be upset if the kid had a illness you never heard of before. Probably not. If they had said in the beginning, "He has hyposlyinipoclexia, he's gonna die." no one would have really cared.  (yes I made up the illness ). It's Southpark, if ya watched it this long you should be used to this kinda stuff by now.

I know cancer sucks. I have lost an uncle and, used to drive my best friends mother to kemo everyday when she was diagnosed with brain cancer. She is fine now. My other best friend had found benign a tumor in her chest at a young age and now we all have to live with the fear that some day it may evolve into something worse. We are lucky enough to live in Houston though. We have some of the best cancer treatment centers in the world (M.D. Anderson). That can be reassuring. Yes everyone hates cancer. You should know not to take ANYTHING Matt and Trey do seriously.

P.S. Yea the Erwin jokes weren't funny though. Not offensive, just wasn't funny. I actually was disappointed with the episode. Just wasn't funny.

Last edited by staticblue (2006-11-16 19:17:00)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6576|Portland, OR, USA
Yeah i saw it and it went a little over the edge.  I mean shit i have a friend with leukemia and he watches that show.  And that episode wasn't even funny, the plot didnt even make sense, well it did it was just so ridiculously stupid...
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6536|Boston, MA
I actually just saw it today on youtube. It's an awesome episode because it's hockey. And that's what South Park wants, it wants to be controversial.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6552
It was supposed to offend you. All of us can't be emo.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6513

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

I actually just saw it today on youtube. It's an awesome episode because it's hockey. And that's what South Park wants, it wants to be controversial.
BOSTON BEAT TORONTO TONIGHT!!! YEA!1!11ONE!11

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard