millhous
+39|6649|OREEGONE, USA
LOL!  Great story.  Never seen that happen to anyone before.  I've seen some people try and use the clinton $3 bill before.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6786|Noizyland

There are some truly stupid people around. I should break out my old NZ $2 bill, but I'm not sure they are legal tender any more.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6718
Hey what did you expect?  They ARE working at Burger king after all...
RiceKrispie
+27|6399|Ottawa, ON
lol... awesome. If I had any karma I'd +1
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6562|Reading, Basingrad
lol +1

I have a gold $20 coin at home.....anyone know what that's worth?
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6765
I have an American $2 bill.
You should show a picture of the back of it. 
IMO, it's the best looking US bill.  I only travel to USA, don't live there, but I've never seen one passed in circulation, and I've always thought it a shame that it's not used more often.
liquix
+51|6466|Peoples Republic of Portland
LLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAWLLLLLLLZ that is seriously the best story this week. There is a reason that man works at a taco bell.

Try and give him some Susan B. Anthony's and see if he tries to shoot you.

Last edited by liquix (2006-11-16 00:49:35)

RicoAtPublix
Im not cleaning Aisle 2
+27|6492|F-Dub, FL./ Destin, FL.

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

I have an American $2 bill.
You should show a picture of the back of it. 
IMO, it's the best looking US bill.  I only travel to USA, don't live there, but I've never seen one passed in circulation, and I've always thought it a shame that it's not used more often.
Yeah, it looks cool. If only our politicans remember what our goverment is all about, rather then this courpt crap.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6538|Singapore
but are there really $2 bills in America? and why are those so rare? you guys pay with $50 bills?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6841|Grapevine, TX

MECtallica wrote:

you know 2$ are actually worth 50$ + since they're so rare.
No, actually they are worth $2USD.

tF-voodoochild wrote:

I've got a two dollar bill in a box somewhere... this story almost makes me want to take it out and attempt to use it at various establishments.
They are Great at Strip Clubs!!! Striper's Love 'em!!!

jkohlc wrote:

but are there really $2 bills in America? and why are those so rare? you guys pay with $50 bills?
Yes again,dude from a far away land!!! They are just not in heavy circulation, but like someone said, you can ask for them at any US Bank. You can use any domination from $1,$2,$5,$10,$20,$50,$100, Banks use$1,000 up -to $10,000 Bills.

Collector US Bill Link...
http://www.philipdrivercurrency.com/ima … _ft_bk.jpg

Also just found this...  http://www.ustreas.gov/education/faq/cu … s.shtml#q4
Question  Why did the Treasury Department remove the $2 bill from circulation?

Answer We receive many letters asking why the $2 bill is no longer in circulation. Contrary to the impression of many people, the Treasury Department did not stop circulating the $2 bill. On September 12, 1996, Robert E. Rubin, the 70th Secretary of the Treasury, was presented with a new series $2 bill. The Series 1995 notes were printed at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing's (BEP) Western Currency Facility and bear the seal of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.

The $2 bill remains one of our circulating currency denominations. According to BEP statistics, 590,720,000 Series 1976 $2 bills were printed and as of February 28, 1999, there was $1,166,091,458 worth of $2 bills in circulation worldwide.

The key for successfully circulating the two-dollar bill is for retailers to use them just like any other denomination in their daily operations. In addition, most commercial banks will readily supply their retail customers with these bills if their customers request them in sufficient volume to justify stocking them in their vaults. However, neither the Treasury Department nor the Federal Reserve System can force the distribution or use of any denomination of currency on banks, businesses or individuals.

Edit:  404 fixed

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2006-11-16 02:38:47)

twiistaaa
+87|6680|mexico
ive got a $2 australian bill that has been has been replaced by coins since like the 80's. i think i can still use it. but im not sure.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6610|Cheshire. UK
FFS Im an englishman and even I have a $2 bill from the last time I was in the US !!!

Good story lol...
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6657|Ohio
i have a silver dollar from 1896, i should see what they do if I try to pay with that.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6610|Cheshire. UK

Dieselboy wrote:

lol +1

They are illegal...it means you have to give me one of your 8800's!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6704
lolz, I probably have like 50+ 2 dollar bills. My grandpa used to give me one and 2 Sacajawea coins every time he saw me. So I have a large collection of em.
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6562|Reading, Basingrad

joker3327 wrote:

Dieselboy wrote:

lol +1

Just looked on ebay....jesus I think I may keep hold of it!

There's a 1925 $20 coin for sale at £325 and climbing
Mine's a 1914.........hmm!

8800's are all mine BTW
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6610|Cheshire. UK

Dieselboy wrote:

joker3327 wrote:

Dieselboy wrote:

lol +1

Just looked on ebay....jesus I think I may keep hold of it!

There's a 1925 $20 coin for sale at £325 and climbing
Mine's a 1914.........hmm!

8800's are all mine BTW
I'll settle for the coin then....lol
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6408|Indianapolis, IN

MECtallica wrote:

you know 2$ are actually worth 50$ +

since they're so rare.
BS
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6635|Camp XRay

that is why i print my own money...
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6560|USA bitches!
I remember reading a story where a guy was turned down using one at like a Best Buy or an Acadamy or something. So, he came back a few days later with over $200 in $2 bills and tried to pay again. This time, they called the cops, he was hancuffed to a pole and the secret service was brought in to interrogate him. Some people are fucking idiots (the stores, not him).

I also saw this report on the news that some hick working at a Dairy Queen accepted a $1000 bill w/ Bush's face on it and gave the guy change. Then, they were all shocked and called the cops and stuff. People are really fucking stupid it seems...

Last edited by Jenkinsbball (2006-11-16 08:33:46)

Abstinuous
+33|6443
the laughness +1
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6561|Southeastern USA
i've got a sheet of them uncut, the pic on the back's pretty nifty
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6561|Southeastern USA
that security guard was pretty damn on it now that i think about it, you don't fake low bills, you fake 20's and 50's, buy something cheap, then get legit change out of it
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6424|Michigan, USA

I once had a guy come in to my work (gas station last summer) and pay $20 worth of gas completely in $2 bills.  Kept the best-condition ones, and gave the rest away as graduation gifts for my friends.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6542|Boston, MA
Haha, awesome. Problem is people are idiots and don't know they exist. I was actually talking about those on an economics field trip to the Federal Reserve Bank in Boston. Most banks still actually carry those and you can easily get them by giving them two ones or something. But the interesting thing I heard was that the tour guide actually told us that businesses have a right to refuse $2 bills. That part I didn't really understand but whatever...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard