Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6875|OP, KS

SealXo wrote:

So i had my plasma tv delivered yesterday (42' inch plasma panasonic) and I have my 360 out and he says "You know you cant play video games on a Plasma right?" THE FUCKING GUY TOLD ME YOU COULD AT CIRCUIT CITY!

Ok so long story short now im stuck with a 42' sharp LCD.

gayyyy
Should of spent less and got a DLP

LCD's and Plasma TV will burn the image in if left on the same image for an extended period of time. Where as a DLP will not read here.

http://www.dlp.com/

Last edited by Neoburn_1035 (2006-11-11 16:58:39)

montypythizzle
+21|6649
plasmas DO have a burnin effect although it shouldnt burn in unless you leave the image on there for more than a day.....
but lcds are the way to go only reason we have plasmas is because of the larger screen
wombatman4
+4|6627
k so i have a plasma for about a year now, i play video games on it ALL THE TIME. and yes they can be burnt in. like i've had the halo health thing burn in but it wasn't permanent. it went away within like 20 mins. and my tv has a screeenwipe thing were it will do some weird thing and get rid of burnins as much it can. anyway that delivery guy doens't know what he's talking about. yes, if you play a game with a constant health bar or somehing on the screen for like 15 hours straight it will burn in for a very long time. if  yoru concerned about it, take a break every hour or something. but it's not a problem
montypythizzle
+21|6649
some even have things that will like move the pixels ever so slightly so that it doesnt burn in like stock tickers and such.... read the manual duh
jord
+2,382|6724|The North, beyond the wall.
Are you made of money?

You got a 42 inch plasma,didn't wan't it so got a Lcd right after?
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6626|Melbourne, Australia.
If you were to play BF2, or any other game on a plasma, just make sure to make the HUD a little transparent. That way the image will not burn onto the screen.
Defiance
+438|6717

Do not trust the following:

Famers.
Bag boys.
Cashiers.
and Delivery men/woman.

In relevance to tech. There is a reason they have said jobs and not something even as high as a sales consultant.

Get your plasma back, there is no reason not to use a game console on a plasma. FFS man do you're own research, or go to someone smart enough to do it for you.
Executiator
+69|6467

jord wrote:

Are you made of money?

You got a 42 inch plasma,didn't wan't it so got a Lcd right after?
He's also has xbox 360, getting a ps3 and HD box... so i think yes
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6762
Get laser TV's
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6633|sWEEDen
sounds like daddy is paying.....
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6778|St. Andrews / Oslo

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Get laser TV's
yepp, laser FTW (gonna get one soon, yay)

btw, I play PS2 on my 50" plasma w/o a problem. Go to Curcuit Sitty and tell them that their delivery guy is gay and you want your TV back. Plasma > LCD
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
SealXo
+309|6582
Mmmmmm Mr. Me is loaded
actually im thinking baout returning it and gettng a 46' instead (: To go along with my PS3 im getting soon
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6782|Salt Lake City

Jenspm wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Get laser TV's
yepp, laser FTW (gonna get one soon, yay)

btw, I play PS2 on my 50" plasma w/o a problem. Go to Curcuit Sitty and tell them that their delivery guy is gay and you want your TV back. Plasma > LCD
Not hardly.  Plasma is antiquated and will go the way of the dinosaurs.  Plasma displays are subject to burn in, and if you do things that continually leave a residual image, even if they go away in a short period of time, they can eventually become permanent.

Plasma displays also need to be recharged at some point.  The cost of that is often to expensive that it is more viable just to buy another TV.
Jenspm
penis

I have had both my plasmas for 1 and a half years now, and it has never had a burn-in. Not once. Not even a 10 second temperary one. I play games on it all the time and it is often on the same channel for over 8 hours a day. Nothing has happened to them.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6698|Norway
Before I bought a new monitor I played for quite a while on my 50" HD plasma. No problems whatsover.

Now, the OLD plasmas had the burn-in problem but that issue is pretty much non-existent now.
Jenspm
penis

Tor77 wrote:

Before I bought a new monitor I played for quite a while on my 50" HD plasma. No problems whatsover.

Now, the OLD plasmas had the burn-in problem but that issue is pretty much non-existent now.
What brand do you have?
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6685|Montreal, Qc, Canada

SealXo wrote:

So i had my plasma tv delivered yesterday (42' inch plasma panasonic) and I have my 360 out and he says "You know you cant play video games on a Plasma right?" THE FUCKING GUY TOLD ME YOU COULD AT CIRCUIT CITY!

Ok so long story short now im stuck with a 42' sharp LCD.

gayyyy
Ive heard that 2, as i know playing video games on a plasma tv will burn your pixel after hours of playing, that probably the reason why the guy sayd you cant play video games on a plasma !!!!! nway if you have took the extra garanty with it so you have like 3 years garanty just say FUCK IT and play wit ur 360, your pixel will burn you go at the store and they give you a new one you play again the pixel burn you go at the storeand they you a new one !!!! Do that for 3 years in 3 years new technologi will go out so you will be able to play video games on plasma so you play again you burn your pixel one last time you go at the store and say: i had the same problem 3 times bla bla bla they will give you the new one !!!!!

THIS IS IT, THATS ALL, THATS IT
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6434|New York
i don't have the green you guys do, but i got a decent tv as well.

i won't be faced with any sort of those problems. i have a samsung 30" crt hdtv. ton of inputs, especially hdmi for ps3. it's heavy as fuck all, but it's a nice tv and hd looks great through it.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6607|Cheshire, UK
Plasma = Burn out

LCD = OK, No burn Out
liquix
+51|6500|Peoples Republic of Portland
He did lie, but for your own good. If you want your T.V. to last for a much shorter lifespan by all means play away on your Plasma. If you really want to game on a flatscreen and not worry, go for an lcd. The lifespan of a plasma, as well as the classic  burn-in are big problems. I used to sell high resolution tv's at best-buy so if you think I'm full of shit go ahead. Glad you got an lcd though.
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6698|Norway

SkoobyDu wrote:

Plasma = Burn out

LCD = OK, No burn Out
Yes, plasmas have burn out but it's a matter of years. Like 10 years. Most people get new TV's within 10 anyway. And plasmas has a slighter edge over LCD's on brightness and quality.

I have an LG plasma.
The Magic Mullet
+240|6470
"Yo boi youz gots 0wn3d by dem sik catz at Currys"
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6695
HD tv rules the way
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6647|132 and Bush

Tor77 wrote:

SkoobyDu wrote:

Plasma = Burn out

LCD = OK, No burn Out
Yes, plasmas have burn out but it's a matter of years. Like 10 years. Most people get new TV's within 10 anyway. And plasmas has a slighter edge over LCD's on brightness and quality.

I have an LG plasma.
I didn't see that edge when I bought. I'm sure it varies by brand. Most manufacter's are leaning dlp anyways. You are comparing billions of colors to trillions of colors with dlp.

Both LCD and plasma TVs will meet the brightness expectations of most consumers. However, in 'real world' situations with ambient light, LCD TVs will generally look a little brighter.
http://www.flattvpeople.com/tutorials/lcd-vs-plasma.asp

My personal opinion is that the future will be turning more into the favor of LCD's once they can catch up with the sizes and the prices are closer (lcd's are more expensive).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6763|Riva, MD

SealXo wrote:

The guy says since its not coming from inside the television and through the analog, it will burn out within a month.

WTF gahhhhhhhh

I built a whole wook entertainment unit for it too

EDIT: Yes but hes saying that after much continuous playback, (100+ hours) it will burn out....
He's right, that's the bad thing about buying a plasma, they burn out and the quality starts to turn to shit after a while.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard