spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
I fear i may be pushing boundaries with this post.

Troop Transporter glitching 101:

If you care about your stats, the stat system, the leaderboard, or are sick of my threads on this then please click "Back" now.

If you're interested.. read on my children:

So you wanna be number one and piss off the kiddies who care about their stats? teach DICE what happens when you let earthworms code your games?

The hop into a BF2142 server running titan mode!
For optimal fun, bring a few buddies along for support.

All get on the same team and pile into a Transport Airship.
The Pilot is the person who will be gaining the points.

Fly to an altitude of around 250 - 300 metres and proceed towards the enemy titan.
Watch out for Doragons and Talons.. and watch out for the transport coming the other way to do the same thing above your titan!

Zoom in on your minimap using the "N" key so you can see the titan cover most of the minimap.
Now hover above the titan, trying to keep within the big red shape..
When you get to this part, tell your passengers to switch seats using F2 - F7 as fast as they can.

DISCLAIMER: YOUR PASSENGERS MAY GET CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME FROM THIS OPERATION

Your score as the pilot should skyrocket.
The way the game is coded, a "titan drop" is awarded every time a seat is vacated in the transport. So every time a passenger switches seats.. you get a point.. as the game is coded to think that the person bailed.

Your score will only rise as fast as your comrades can switch

Every 10 points.. you will gain a Troop Transporter pin, worth a further 20 career points.. these dont count toward your position on the leaderboard.. but they count towards your rank and unlocks.

Some point into the game it will look like you are gaining no more points.. this happens when your score reaches 2047.  Although it looks like you're gaining none.. as long as you're in the same position as when you WERE gaining them, you will still receive points. It's just that the scoreboard is capped at 2047.

The best way to find if you're still in the right place is to wait til one of your troop transporter pins comes up.
If your screen gets flooded with "You got a driver ability assist" then you're still gaining points.. if not.. you might need to adjust where you're hovering.

. enjoy .

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-11-14 14:06:56)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6751|the middle of nowhere
Man why did u have 2 tell them?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

The new commander glitch..nice.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6657|Devil's Perch
This will force DICE to either put an end to this once and for all or make EA reset all stats on a daily base. It is actually a rifle well placed in the face of some (for this game) important people.

GJ.
Proud member of a dead community.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6633|USA

killer21 wrote:

The new commander glitch..nice.
hell of alot easier than the commander glitch buddy.
Entertayner
+826|6571

I like to simply sit as commander while nubs do this That's MY commander glitch.

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-11-09 13:50:47)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6627|UK
Now that everyone knows how to do this; perhaps EA will do something about it quicker than they would if it was known by only a few people.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6389|New York
suh WEET!

hopefully everyone will start up on this and it'll get it fixed asap. i'm going to keep my eyes on the leaderboard to see how many people have jumped in rank miraculously.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

liquidat0r wrote:

Now that everyone knows how to do this; perhaps EA will do something about it quicker than they would if it was known by only a few people.
Remember how long it was before they fixed the commander glitch?  I anticipate something like that happening with 2142.  In other news, I hope they reduce the armor badge from 100 to 50 hrs with this upcoming v1.41 patch.  I think it is gay to be sitting in a tank or apc for that amount of time. 
l41e
+677|6648

Good. More people to shoot down.
Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden
Hmm if everyone will do it, they all be resetted and soon me along with 2 of my friends will be in the top. :3 Sweet. Go ahead people abuse it and get resetted.
l41e
+677|6648

Enemy pointwhores + Pilum + friendly pointwhores laying down advanced ammo hubs in the titan and using the guns = lots of Combat Efficiency Pins for me.
spawnofthemist
Banned

Zefar wrote:

Hmm if everyone will do it, they all be resetted and soon me along with 2 of my friends will be in the top. :3 Sweet. Go ahead people abuse it and get resetted.
you can get to number one with 2000 points?

wow.
zeidmaan
+234|6415|Vienna

Now that more people know about it I hope some one does it while im commander
MDKThePriest
+6|6562

zeidmaan wrote:

Now that more people know about it I hope some one does it while im commander
seriously!
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6702|Ontario
spawn.. your an idiot. plain and simple.

not much more to say.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6751|the middle of nowhere

Revelstoke wrote:

not much more to say.
Except that he's not an idiot.
MDKThePriest
+6|6562

Revelstoke wrote:

not much more to say.
And how did you come to this conclusion?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85

Darkhelmet wrote:

Revelstoke wrote:

not much more to say.
Beg to differ.

How much fun is hitting f2-f7?
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6546
Yes, rush EA so we get another 1.3 patch.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Meh. If people want to do this it dosn't worry me. It dosn't wreck my gaming experience, just theirs unless they think that hovering above a Titan and switching seats is fun.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Entertayner
+826|6571

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Darkhelmet wrote:

Revelstoke wrote:

not much more to say.
Beg to differ.

How much fun is hitting f2-f7?
Macro's FTW
spawnofthemist
Banned
exactly.

and =Flaming-Maniac= is just miffed that i beat him in Fancy_Pollux BF2s user tournament.

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-11-09 15:16:20)

MrEzeuss
+26|6391|Nethterlands (ZH)

Zefar wrote:

Well that's the problem with this i think.
To gain a Titandrop badge i need to hover above a Titan, and wait till my passengers jump out.
So when some smartass starts to move seats real quickly, i can either bail out and let my change of earning the badge fly (or move away from the Titan, but that increases my chance of being shot.), or i get demoted next time around. How's EA going to know what happened?

Either way, i'm the one who's f*cked.

So we can now use this bug to ruin everybody else's life. niiiiice.

The way to use this bug is the to do it so to just earn an extra 20 points now and then. You'll be gaining unlocks like crazy, without sticking out to much.

Thanks for telling about this spawn, sometimes i wonder what 4 static (for the whole game) enemy blips are doing in a basecamp, but now i know how they receive their earnings.
And then i hear people cry when i leave a ammobox on the titan gun, and go off to capture a silo.
These guys are just sitting there doing nothing.

Now can anybody tell me about the commanderbug? I still play BF2 sometimes, and i like to now what's going on around my back.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6706|Antarctica

Ty wrote:

Meh. If people want to do this it dosn't worry me. It dosn't wreck my gaming experience, just theirs unless they think that hovering above a Titan and switching seats is fun.
^^^

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard