Rumfuddle
+14|6726
I saw this last night on Fall of Berlin.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's where someone plants a beacon right up next to a building either purposely or by coincidence.  The pods are slightly maneuverable, and you can angle it so you can get on top of the building if the beacon is close enough to the building.  I've done it completely by accident myself one time on Belgrade.  But I simply jumped off the building.  But now people are obviously doing this on purpose because last night I saw several squads camped up on rooftops all over Fall of Berlin. 

From there it's the typical Karkand hotel rooftop routine where you get a collection of support and medics so they can't be rooted off, grenade spamming, you know the drill.  The only difference is that the buildings are so much higher in 2142.  BUT IT'S STILL FREAKING OBNOXIOUS.
Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

You can place spawn points? Cool. I really want 2142.
Hallvard
+262|6530|North Norway

either they use the beacon-spawn-on-roof method, or they use the drone surfing method
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6758
@ ryan_14, yeah as a squad leader, you can unlock a spawn becon. if you have three or more people in the sqaud (think it is 3 or more), then you can deply this becon and your squad can spawn on you. However, once the becon has been placed, the squad can no longer spawn on you but only the becon.

I have seen it also on fall of berlin, but the fact is, that it is stupid. There are so high up that they do not really have much advantage, and because they are limited to the building which they are on, so the other team can just capture all the flags away from the building they are on.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6571|British Columbia, Canada

kmjnhb wrote:

or they use the drone surfing method
I've heard of the Spawn Beacon one, but Drone Surfing?

Explain.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6424|Norway | Unkown
yup, been doing those a few times, realy help when you are a sniper

Also, Victim if you do a search you might find something

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=51322

Last edited by SAF.Phaxe (2006-11-03 15:49:43)

=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6565
what

no videos?
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6424|Norway | Unkown
do you need video to know how to get up on a roof?
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6565
drone surfing mabye?^^^^
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6650|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

theDude5B wrote:

@ ryan_14, yeah as a squad leader, you can unlock a spawn becon. if you have three or more people in the sqaud (think it is 3 or more), then you can deply this becon and your squad can spawn on you. However, once the becon has been placed, the squad can no longer spawn on you but only the becon.

I have seen it also on fall of berlin, but the fact is, that it is stupid. There are so high up that they do not really have much advantage, and because they are limited to the building which they are on, so the other team can just capture all the flags away from the building they are on.
wrong. like most of the "facts" you've posted about BF2142.

here's how it goes:

Squad Leader Spawn Beacon - Squad Leader and 1 Squad Member.
Squad Leader UAV Drone - Squad Leader and 2 Squad Members.
Squad Leader Defense Drone - Squad leader and 3 Squad Members.
Rumfuddle
+14|6726
Maybe they were using drone surfing bcz I went looking for the spawn beacons and couldn't find one.  I figured it had already been destroyed and possibly redeployed on top of the building.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6681|Houston, Texas

Rumfuddle wrote:

Maybe they were using drone surfing bcz I went looking for the spawn beacons and couldn't find one.  I figured it had already been destroyed and possibly redeployed on top of the building.
Most likely
THE-GHOST1553
+2|6443|somewhere around europe

Rumfuddle wrote:

I saw this last night on Fall of Berlin.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's where someone plants a beacon right up next to a building either purposely or by coincidence.  The pods are slightly maneuverable, and you can angle it so you can get on top of the building if the beacon is close enough to the building.  I've done it completely by accident myself one time on Belgrade.  But I simply jumped off the building.  But now people are obviously doing this on purpose because last night I saw several squads camped up on rooftops all over Fall of Berlin. 

From there it's the typical Karkand hotel rooftop routine where you get a collection of support and medics so they can't be rooted off, grenade spamming, you know the drill.  The only difference is that the buildings are so much higher in 2142.  BUT IT'S STILL FREAKING OBNOXIOUS.
also just turn around then your in a pod

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard