ToiletTrooper
+25|6746|WC
I really dont understand this, i have found out a real great bug(few days after the release of bf2142), and i am the first one that found that out, strange that ppl din't find out. Here some screens
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

I call it drone surfing.

Unlocks needed: EMP grenade, Squad leader unlock 3.
Make a squad, get 3 squad members, equip your drone, take the emp grenade, throw it on yourself or your drone. Your drone will get disabled for a while and is lieing on the ground, so you have the chance to jump on it, because your drone wants to fly above you, he will going up all the time.

Its very logic if you think, if never seen someone else do it.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I hope they don't remove this as it's awesome fun, plus it's not really an advantage, except for grenade spamming :p
Zukabazuka
+23|6656
Well You can get on top of those building by placing a spawnbecon close and when you spawn you just need to turn around untill you get close to the building. Managed to get up there so yeah its fun but not with that drone surfing.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6436|Life in a vacuum sucks
cool thx
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
https://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/wildfire/closed.jpg
ToiletTrooper
+25|6746|WC
?!

I think you are looking in the wrong topic.

Last edited by ToiletTrooper (2006-11-01 08:55:17)

cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6680
I believe there was already another thread about this last week.  They did not explain it though.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6565|Iceland
does it ever stop going up?
ToiletTrooper
+25|6746|WC
No, u can go op till your gun says: 999
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

ToiletTrooper wrote:

?!

I think you are looking in the wrong topic.
What I meant was DICe is going to nerf it so the drone pushes you off or something.
Zefar
+116|6620|Sweden
Would be pretty fun if a Gunship found you. XD He's gonna go "OMFG HAXOR!!!111" or "Wth mate" But that's pretty neat and I'm gonna give it a try sometime when I get that thing.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6565|Iceland

Zefar wrote:

Would be pretty fun if a Gunship found you. XD He's gonna go "OMFG HAXOR!!!111" or "Wth mate" But that's pretty neat and I'm gonna give it a try sometime when I get that thing.
i have it, im gonna try it soon
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6497|Singapore
which drone? the UAV or what?
Consollus
+21|6696|Sweden
No, the Accipiter. It doesn't work with the UAV drone...
Zefar
+116|6620|Sweden
There is only one drone that's close to the ground and actually flies so it's pretty obvious that it's the little Squad Leader turret drone that's he's talking about and he said it in his post. People don't read these days, keh.
Dnamaster
+0|6781|Canada

Zefar wrote:

There is only one drone that's close to the ground and actually flies so it's pretty obvious that it's the little Squad Leader turret drone that's he's talking about and he said it in his post. People don't read these days, keh.
Yes but there are 2 different squad leader drones.  One is like a mini UAV and the othere one shoots.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6662|Devon, England
he means the uav one.
Hallvard
+262|6493|North Norway

ToiletTrooper wrote:

I really dont understand this, i have found out a real great bug(few days after the release of bf2142), and i am the first one that found that out, strange that ppl din't find out. Here some screens
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

I call it drone surfing.

Unlocks needed: EMP grenade, Squad leader unlock 3.
Make a squad, get 3 squad members, equip your drone, take the emp grenade, throw it on yourself or your drone. Your drone will get disabled for a while and is lieing on the ground, so you have the chance to jump on it, because your drone wants to fly above you, he will going up all the time.

Its very logic if you think, if never seen someone else do it.
omfg! it's you!! do you have any idea how irritating you were?? it was impossible to kill you guys up there!

and to the guy who said there already was a topic about this: yea, I made a topic about this and wanted to know wtf it was!

Last edited by kmjnhb (2006-11-01 11:23:50)

-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6686
I think I'm the one that discovered this one.... a LOOOOONG time ago. I almost got banned for it, because I killed some kid, and all of the sudden the scren was filled with "NUKE HACKS! HE IS FLYING WHILE PRONE!"

the kid was convinced that I was a hacker
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6491
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=50403

You weren't the first to find it.

kmjnhb saw it almost a week ago.
MrEzeuss
+26|6361|Nethterlands (ZH)
But are you able to steer the thing? or does it take you up untill you hit the 'ceiling'?

Because if it takes you way up, you'll be more or less out of the game.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6746|WC

Mouse315 wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=50403

You weren't the first to find it.

kmjnhb saw it almost a week ago.
No, but he din't even knew how.

-UAV drone is useless for surfing, you die everytime if you jump on.
Consollus
+21|6696|Sweden
DroneSurfing without the use of an EMP granade: http://files.filefront.com/DroneSurfing … einfo.html

Hopefully DICE will see this and get rid of the exploit A.S.A.P.

Last edited by Consollus (2006-11-02 11:42:13)

Buzerk1
+44|6807
I have to say this is pretty awsome.... still it's an exploit, but now that we know about it, we just need to be more careful about bullets coming from nowhere
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6497|Singapore

Consollus wrote:

DroneSurfing without the use of an EMP granade: http://files.filefront.com/DroneSurfing … einfo.html

Hopefully DICE will see this and get rid of the exploit A.S.A.P.
found youtube version for those who dont want to download the vid

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AixE_kpO38s

Last edited by jkohlc (2006-11-03 03:35:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard