Hallvard
+262|6523|North Norway

today on Berlin I was spawning at a beacon and ended up on one of the tallest roofes... from here I looked around and to my surprise I saw an entire squad on a roof below me. I started shooting at them but eventually they saw me and started shooting at me, when I was almost dead I went away from the edge of the roof so they could not hit me, I was about to turn and jump down on the other side when suddenly I see someone flying straight up in the air, first I tought they where hacking but then I saw the drone... the dude was standing on a drone and the drone was flying upwards... he then killed me.... how the hell is that possible??? that's how they got on the roof, the sl went up wtih the drone and then the squad spawned on him, they did this every single round (berlin only)... I really hope that will be prevented in future patches... it was extremely annoying since no matter what we did we could not get rid of them...
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6628|UK
lol, glitches ftw!
Hallvard
+262|6523|North Norway

to bad I forgot to take pic
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center
Well since the drone is always above the SL's head, if the SL can get on the drone, it'll keep trying to get above his head until he jumps off.

The only question is...how do you get on the drone?
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6542|Sammamish, WA

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Well since the drone is always above the SL's head, if the SL can get on the drone, it'll keep trying to get above his head until he jumps off.

The only question is...how do you get on the drone?
You see you must precede the chicken to the egg...and then you have to make sure you beat the egg there too, because those chickens are pretty quick.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

Seriously, though...what happens if you're 2nd in a squad and both you and the squad leader have those drones unlocked. What if you hop on top (go Dr. Seuss) of the leader's drone, and then the squad leader leaves, making you the new squad leader. Does the drone immediately transfer to you, or do you generate a new one instantly above your head, or do you have to die and respawn entirely to have one?

I think some testing is in order.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2006-10-25 12:45:27)

Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6762|Internet!
you have to deploy the drones, you don't just generate them. Perhaps if you stood on a high point and deployed the drone to a lower elevation, then jumped on it before it went up?

Edit: EMPing them makes them fall to the ground. Unfortunately I was killed instantly when it lifted off (while standing on it). This is using the sensor drone, not the machine gun one.

Last edited by Kanil (2006-10-25 15:21:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard