AdamTheMack10
+0|6388
Hello, I was wondering if someone could give a bit of advice here. I hardly ever play games but have got Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142. Whats the best instant messenger to date for speaking to friends by using a headset and also for seeing what server you're friends are on?

I've tryed xfire but we cant seem to get the "quickjoin" feature to work. We can speak over to one another by using a headset but cant join friends by using the join feature of xfire as it is faded so basically have to look on bf2s and join friends that way.

Obviously it would be great if xfire would work.

Anyone know why it wouldnt be working? or know any better programmes for keeping track of where friends are playing that also has voice chat?

Thanks if you can help.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
Teamspeak and Ventrilo are good for talking, but xfire is easily the best messenger to date. I would go through all of your settings to see if it is even enabled.
DaZeD863
+11|6549
ventrillo or teamspeak.. both are great vent takes a little less system resources and they say teamspeak has issues but in 1.5 yrs of using it i havent had a problem... well with either really..

the only prob is you wont be able to see where your friends are... they can alt tab out of the game and leave a comment by thier name but hell.. if you are in the program in the first place all you have to do is just ask...

anyway hope this helps
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6842|Sacramento, Cal
Aust1mh
+23|6566|Sydney, Australia
Skype(.com)... if you have good ADSL like 1500/512, it can be a bit of a bandwidth hog!
I use it in BF2 with my brother whom live far away... free and good service and top quality.
RyansRangers
+2|6529
Just see what IP address they are in on xfire and type the IP address in, if u play with the same guys all the time u should have get those servers on ur favs after awhile.
AdamTheMack10
+0|6388
Hello there, thanks for the quick replys!

Something we noticed was that in xfire where you have the "join" friend option it did say it was disabled. We looked through all the settings but just can not find where you would enable it.

The first instant messenger we tryed was that Gamespy comrade but I dont actually think you can voice speak/chat using that one?

Anyone know where you do enable join in xfire?

Will try the others if cant get this sorted.
DrMod
+3|6423|stuck in a asualt pod help!!
there is a buddy list just add there in game name
AdamTheMack10
+0|6388
I've used the add friend, I can speak to them and message them, all functions work apart from joining them where there playing. They cant join me either. That "join" button is faded out so you cant click on it, no information shows where either of us is playing either.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
There's a couple possibilities. First, the online game your friend is playing may not be currently supported by Xfire's "One Click Join" feature. Xfire is proud to support many of the most popular online titles, with more added all the time. However, in instances when Xfire displays the name of the game your friend is playing (plus his or her status with the game), but you can't instantly join him, you'll have to begin your game the old fashioned regular way. One Click Joining (double-clicking your friend's Xfire UserName and clicking "Join") is an incredibly cool Xfire element, and we're striving to add Xfire with Instant Joining functionality with as many online games as possible.

However, if XFire does support the game you're trying to join, but your join button is greyed out, make sure there is a valid IP showing for your friend in the "Expanded Info View" pane. They may be playing single player, or on a server that is not joinable. Once you've ensured there is an IP, make sure that XFire detects you actually have the game installed. If it doesn't know where the game is, it can't launch it to let you join! The fastest way to check is to add yourself to your own buddy list, launch the game, and then alt-tab or alt-enter out and see what your status says. If XFire isn't detecting your game play, see the FAQ Here!! Follow the instructions to get your games showing up in the Xfire Launch menu.

Off the xfire help faq.
AdamTheMack10
+0|6388
We were trying this with BF2, battlefiled 2 is supported by xfire isnt it? most of the stuff is greyed out when you right click on a buddies name like join, teams speak and add to favourites.

Also the game is recognized by xfire.

It's weired!

Last edited by AdamTheMack10 (2006-10-29 17:15:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard