Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6904|Topside

Echo wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

you were doing good last night Echo, would have liked it more if I could have played more but wanted to sit the g/f and the cat.

One tip though for you Echo, is to give Attack or Defend orders more. A lot of the times last night you were giving Move orders, but when you give attack of defend, you whole squad gets extra points for killing enemy soldiers within the radius of the attack/defend symbol.
How do you do that, if i go to tab, i can only order people to 'move to that location'. There's not a defend or attack option.
Just press left shift then you get the map up,and then you just right click on the flag you wanna defend/attack and choose it.

Last edited by Negerkungen (2007-03-10 10:04:06)

Hallvard
+262|6683|North Norway

Get your map up, right click ON the flag and give order... Or hold your crosshair over one of the flags in the 3D map (the world around you) press t and select "give order"
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6911
yeah you have to point your mouse at the actual flag, then the move order will change to either an attack order(enemy flag) or a defend order(team flag). Much better system than in BF2, which gives you all the options, as this way you just point and the system knows if it should be move, attack, or defend.

Attack/Defend = more squad points = More field upgrades
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6881|The Netherlands

theDude5B wrote:

yeah you have to point your mouse at the actual flag, then the move order will change to either an attack order(enemy flag) or a defend order(team flag). Much better system than in BF2, which gives you all the options, as this way you just point and the system knows if it should be move, attack, or defend.

Attack/Defend = more squad points = More field upgrades
Thanks everyone for your help. I was pointing my mouse at the actual point where the flag is 'planted', not on the flag itself. Btw it seems i m getting the hang of squad leading, i got a silver sl badge the other day, which gave me more then enough points for a promotion to 1st luitenant.

@kmj thanks for the tip mate, i m gonna try using the 3d map to give orders tonight.
Hallvard
+262|6683|North Norway

good.. and stop stealing my kills!
a lot of times I go for 2 body shots instead of one headshot but always after my first body shot I hear the sound of a zellar and see Evil_BeH [zellar] noob followed by: "lol, killed him"

I still end up with much better scores with sniper then you do tough

Last edited by kmjnhb (2007-03-16 13:47:14)

gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6833|The Real World

kmjnhb wrote:

a lot of times I go for 2 body shots instead of one headshot but always after my first body shot I hear the sound of a zellar and see Evil_BeH [zellar] noob followed by: "lol, killed him"
Great tactic. I think I'll try that next time i'm a sniper .
Hallvard
+262|6683|North Norway

I'm gonna kill you if you try
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6722|Southampton, UK

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p1270521

VOTE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cumoon guys let's get me nd Jenspm into this comp!!!

Last edited by Knightnifer (2007-03-16 15:20:09)

Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6893|St. Andrews / Oslo

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6904|Topside

kmjnhb wrote:

What's the point of using the sniper rifle if you're not going for a headshot???
btw Morretti>Zellar.
Hallvard
+262|6683|North Norway

Negerkungen wrote:

kmjnhb wrote:

What's the point of using the sniper rifle if you're not going for a headshot???
btw Morretti>Zellar.
because if the target is so far away it's hard to see it, it's easier to take 2 bodyshots then one headshot.. of course, most of my shots are headshots, it depends on the situation.. if the target is running around like a madman or is far away or if it's cloaked I go for body shots...

and indeed, standard snipers > zellar... I like the PAC one better then EU tough
Echo
WOoKie

kmjnhb wrote:

Lol, you make is sound like i was intentionally stealing your kills. I didnt know i was stealing your kills but thats what you get if you have 2 snipers on 1 squad. You simply end up shooting at the same targets. Its nice to have some competition tho imo.

Btw you re right, you are a better sniper looking at scores. I m the more accurate sniper tho, your accuracy is 46/47% with the standard sniper rifles and my accuracy is 55% with the zeller.

@neger, most of my kills are also from body shots. I only go for headshots if the target isnt moving. Most of the targets are moving/running so its easier to just to aim for the body. Getting headshots on moving targets is just pure luck.
Hallvard
+262|6683|North Norway

yea, since I use regular rifles I can afford to waste bullets

and not just luck! if the target is running in one direction, it's easy.. it's when they "run-walk-run-change direction-walk-run-change direction" it's luck...

Last edited by kmjnhb (2007-03-17 03:23:15)

Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6904|Topside

I don't go for moving targets very often,A:they are very hard to hit. B:No point of giving away your position if your not sure your shot will hit.
Oh and Martin,my  accuracy with the zeller is 64% if we're gonna brag I mean.
Echo
WOoKie

kmjnhb wrote:

and indeed, standard snipers > zellar... I like the PAC one better then EU tough
You people keep saying that but i still rather use a zeller then any other sniper rifle. Alot of people seem to disagree btw cause alot of people are using it.

I like the sound of it, it just handle's way better then the other rifles. You can kill every explosive and mine thats in the game. And it doesnt look like they got it from a toyshop like the standard ones.

The only downside it has is its 3 round clip but i can live with that.
Echo
WOoKie

Negerkungen wrote:

I don't go for moving targets very often,A:they are very hard to hit. B:No point of giving away your position if your not sure your shot will hit.
Oh and Martin,my  accuracy with the zeller is 64% if we're gonna brag I mean.
Nice. I hope i get an accuracy like that one day.

I just shoot any target that presents itself. Moving targets are quite easy to hit btw, for example, you see a guy running in a direction, point your crosshairs like 5 meters in front of him and as soon as he's runs into your crosshairs, shoot. I m getting a ton of hits using that tactics so get some practice, its all about timing.

I m no longer being a passive sniper, just lying waiting till the targets pop up. Its much more fun to take a more active role and just fight on the front lines.

Last edited by Echo (2007-03-17 07:47:22)

naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6722|Southampton, UK

[Just another update : 45 votes to 51]
Vote for me guys! I want the EU community behind me 24/7!

Last edited by Knightnifer (2007-03-17 05:50:39)

Hallvard
+262|6683|North Norway

this is 2142 game talk how?
Echo
WOoKie
Kmj is right, keep of topic stuff limited to 2142 chatter please everyone.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6871|Sweden

Echo wrote:

I m no longer being a passive sniper, just lying waiting till the targets pop up. Its much more fun to take a more active role and just fight on the front lines.
That´s actually why i hardly snipe anymore in 2142 ( all i did in bf2 ) it´s a allot harder if not impossible to go aggressive sniping ( close combat ) now the drawtime for your pistol takes to long time unlike bf2 where it worked real fast. going really close to your enemies won´t give you any chance to get a clean headshot most times therefore no sucess.

Long range sniping on the other hand is easier now imo the zoom makes wonder.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6624|cuntshitlake

Jenspm wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=66834

AND ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Teh uber bf2s leet rules wrote:

# Do not advertise. Ever.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Echo
WOoKie

madmurre wrote:

Echo wrote:

That´s actually why i hardly snipe anymore in 2142 ( all i did in bf2 ) it´s a allot harder if not impossible to go aggressive sniping ( close combat ) now the drawtime for your pistol takes to long time unlike bf2 where it worked real fast. going really close to your enemies won´t give you any chance to get a clean headshot most times therefore no sucess.

Long range sniping on the other hand is easier now imo the zoom makes wonder.
The long range stuff is cool but you already mentioned that with the zoom its just a piece of cake headshotting stationary targets. It gets a bit boring after a while and the short range stuff is pretty cool cause i used to try and avoid these short range situations while sniping.

I got a 3 to 1 k/d ratio doing that the other night with alot of short range combat using a zeller/pistol and apm's. Btw there's other benefits from fighting at the front lines while sniping, there's loads of medics and ammo around. It does require different tactics compared to the medium and long range stuff, its like having a new challange.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6899|The Hague, Netherlands

still, still, nothing beats the nades !

was fun eh Mike ? duo Nading on Gibraltar
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6889|Germany

Go away with your stupid cheating hack grenades...
Everytime you throw a nade you get 3 kills, and my nades can't hurt anyone
rockets ftw
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6899|The Hague, Netherlands

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Go away with your stupid cheating hack grenades...
Everytime you throw a nade you get 3 kills, and my nades can't hurt anyone
rockets ftw
I think you threw them towards the wrong place mike

the map + uav is your friend remember that
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard