krisspy
+1|6771
Let me tell you I usually really enjoy this game, until the point where my casual gaming fun is interupted by a player who wants nothing more to be at the top of the team scoring list.  Not by skill or even luck, but by bringing his own team mates down.

As you may have seen, and me just recently, players are changing the font color of their names above their heads to RED.  When they do this and you shoot them guess what you get a TEAMKILL.  So your points stay low while theirs continue to rise. Ban or kick these loosers. 

caveat bastardi teamo .... <translated> beware of your stupid bastard TEAM MATES

To bad the BF2 server interface is so bad otherwise we could filter out looser players and clans.

Viva BF2!

krisspy out
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6847|-
Are you serious? You've been playing since July and this is the first time you've encountered the red name glitch? People can't just change the color of their names above their heads, it's a glitch in the game itself.
krisspy
+1|6771
I thought this was fixed in 1.03.  The dude I pegged was in the turret of an enemy vehicle so visibly indistinguishable from a real enemy.  However his reaction of "boooohoooo" after bitching about a teamkill left me suspicious.

My bad if this is still a bug.  Next time I'll tap him on the shoulder and ask him for id
jax
+12|6767
its really weird when u hop in a vechile with somone whos name is red ( his was red for the whole round ) because there is a red dot in the picture of the vechile at the bottom of the screen instead of a blue or green one.
Adelphi
+8|6741|Long Island, NY
It happened to me in a match this mornin'.  I blew the guy away with my shotgun, 1 second later I was punished for a team kill.  Gotta love it.
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6766|Trondheim, Norway
For some reason thats beyond me i often get the red tag glitch while engaging players who's in armour. Yet to understand or learn the actually mecanics of the bug. But im assuming it has somthing to do with changing teams?

big red tag over whats suposedly nmy armour, me with c4.... while running away from tank thinking to my self "wow cant belive the driver didnt se me" i press the release *BOOM* oopsy.. red name glitch.. figures
=DS=Unit92
+0|6741
The great thing about this bug is that if you switch to the other team, this person comes up as a teammate and you can not only see him on radar but behind walls and whatnot just like a real teammate... so only thing is you gotta be careful in a fight where things can get hairy and you mistake him for a buddy.
Nate_32
+3|6733|Nambe, New Mexico
I wonder if this bug will be fixed with the $30 expansion? Yes, I know it was 'fixed' in the 1.03 patch, but I was curious if they were ever going to truly fix this rather annoying bug. I must admit, I will probably buy the expansion either way, but I have been holding out for a mod that renders all expansions useless, ala DC for BF'42.
SlickWRX
+6|6743

Nate_32 wrote:

I wonder if this bug will be fixed with the $30 expansion? Yes, I know it was 'fixed' in the 1.03 patch, but I was curious if they were ever going to truly fix this rather annoying bug. I must admit, I will probably buy the expansion either way, but I have been holding out for a mod that renders all expansions useless, ala DC for BF'42.
Someone made a post in the Chatter forum about a pre expansion patch.  That was not listed as one of the things fixed.
spon
+2|6843|San Jose, CA
Yep this is still a bug.

I just killed a guy. who had a red name.  then he punished me. and then a guy with a blue tag (medic) heals him and they run off together hand in hand... ok well not hand in hand, but still.

I took a screen shot and I'll add it as soon as I get it uploaded.
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6739
its not a bug, its because people change the team's lanuage (AKA Changing China to english lanugage when they speak) Thus they appear red for china and blue for USMC. For me thats hacking
sleepy127
+4|6738
I beleive it is a hack. Go to elitehax.com, those guys hack every thing (darn cheaters)
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6774|NRW,Germany
It definately is a bug and not a hack and it has nothing to do with the language settings. I´ve been TKed several times and shortly after read "But you had a red name tag!?" in the chat although I play with the standard language settings and definately never used any kind of hack.

It doesn´t even makes sense to create a hack that would let you appear as an enemy cause often you won´t last more then a few seconds cause your teammates shoot first and then ask questions when you spawn in their sight.
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6781|Charleston SC - USA
Just happened to me on Moders Karkand 24/7 (I love this server). Played 3 games on sniper kit and came out with negative team scores. On top of that I had players cussing me...of course. Finally was kicked for excessive team killing and man I am P.O'ed. What Gives? I've never had the "red name glitch" on this server before. I am to believe that this "glitch" travels around? Makes me think someone initiates it.
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6726
The red name glitch is random. It seems that recently (within the past 2 days) i have come across it more often than normal.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra
i notied today if when i killed a team mate with red name it cam up in white that i was punished but i didnt loose any points.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6736|200m out and smiling at you.
ya i knifed another sniper on wake one day seeing the red name and i chased him around for a bit and when i finally killed him i thought wow... this guy must be a flaming idiot if he didn't see me. but then i got punished for a TK, and I was like wahhhh????? shortly thereafter another sniper came face to face with me and we both stared eachother down for a bit, he had a red name over him and i was contemplating whether or not to shoot him in the face because of the red name, but then i thought he has the same glitch with me, so i ran off and he shot me whatever.
but he didn't shoot me. ya, so this glitch is screwy.
4lter_3go
+1|6746|Leighton Barracks, Germany
earlier today on wake, i was playin and i noticed something funny, my commanders little star icon on minimap wasnt showing. why was this, well the scorebord said he was on the other team, he had the red tag. but when he would shoot the enemy he got teamkills. when uav scaned he showed up as enemy. really confused the hell outta me,  didnt bother my game but it was confusin when linin up for headshots.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

4lter_3go wrote:

earlier today on wake, i was playin and i noticed something funny, my commanders little star icon on minimap wasnt showing. why was this, well the scorebord said he was on the other team, he had the red tag. but when he would shoot the enemy he got teamkills. when uav scaned he showed up as enemy. really confused the hell outta me,  didnt bother my game but it was confusin when linin up for headshots.
from what you have said it sounds like he was just on the other team.
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6781|Charleston SC - USA
Acquire target…hit tab…check for teammate…tab out…reacquire target…doh! They moved! 

Also anyone notice the name tags appearing slowly in SF? Makes it difficult especially on a night map.
Smally85
+0|6726|Plymouth UK
Its normally ok when you are playing on a nice light map because the US uniform is so much lighter than the other armies uniforms so basically all you need to remember is which team you are on, if you are the MEC and a light tan soldier runs towards you shoot him he's a Marine. If you are US shoot anyone in a dark uniform. I guess this doesn't help with snipers much tho...

Must suck in the dark maps of SF as you obviously wouldn't be able to tell the colour of the uniform so easily. (I haven't got SF so can't really comment)

For me this glitch seems to occur only on Karkand... does anyone else have similar trends? Or is it just my luck?
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6739
USMC SNiper wears a lighter camo then MEC (Dark Brown) and China Sniper wears Dark Green
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6728|Germany

Smally85 wrote:

For me this glitch seems to occur only on Karkand... does anyone else have similar trends? Or is it just my luck?
I also had it on Wake Island, so you are just lucky.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6736|Salt Lake City

Smally85 wrote:

Its normally ok when you are playing on a nice light map because the US uniform is so much lighter than the other armies uniforms so basically all you need to remember is which team you are on, if you are the MEC and a light tan soldier runs towards you shoot him he's a Marine. If you are US shoot anyone in a dark uniform. I guess this doesn't help with snipers much tho...

Must suck in the dark maps of SF as you obviously wouldn't be able to tell the colour of the uniform so easily. (I haven't got SF so can't really comment)

I've had the bug change the skins as well.  I shot a guy on Karkand that had the red tag and MEC uniform.  Then I watched as our Medic went over and revived him.
RadeonII
+1|6775
Funny red name bug story,,   

When playing more often then not I`m first or second to spawn when the game begins, yesterday while playing Wake Island I spawn on the airport  next to a jeep so I hop in and head right for the jet ,I hop in and start to take off  when I`m blasted immediately by a team mate,, I ask WTF?? he said I had a red name.. The not so funny part is the game started 1.5 seconds ago HOW THE HELL WOULD AN ENEMY make it all the way to our airport in like 1.5 seconds of game time? I mean the round had just started cant this MORON come up with a better lie to account for his ( tking to get the jet ) ?

Last edited by RadeonII (2005-12-05 14:26:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard