GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
They say they are not going to make a wake map but y not the water could be frozen and the story could be like this long forgotten battle field was once gain rage with war as the Eu's titan fleet try to reinforce its army and the pa s fleet intercepts them.
Then the air field from bf2 can be covered in ice with a wrecked j10 sticking out and n old radar station and a few of the bunkers could be left. It seems like a sweet idea to me what about u guys???
tefI0n
Temporary Messiah
+14|6367|Kalamazoo, MI
Wake sucked a mean one in BF2. It's better left for dead.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6531|Southampton, UK

Mabye they should make a karkand, and then cover everything in ice, then heat it, then freeze it again?
What do you think?
eagles1106
+269|6554|Marlton, New Jersey.
It is indeed a tradition in the series.  Yes they should. Its been in every BF game up until now...
And are you kidding me teflon that it sucked in bf2, wake owns and I have soooo much time spent there getting 80+ rounds every time.  Its the easiest map to own on....

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-10-22 11:43:12)

tefI0n
Temporary Messiah
+14|6367|Kalamazoo, MI
Unless your team sucks and you can't get off teh carrier. It's happened to me more than once.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

eagles1106 wrote:

It is indeed a tradition in the series.  Yes they should. Its been in every BF game up until now...
And are you kidding me teflon that it sucked in bf2, wake owns and I have soooo much time spent there getting 80+ rounds every time.  Its the easiest map to own on....
Not being a dick but, was wake in BF Vietnam?
eagles1106
Its not that hard, spawn, take a blackhawk, get high before the j10s come, create a squad, then get over 300 altitude where jets and others cant see you and halo over the island till you got a couple of flags.  Or, from the BEGINNING of the round before all those little nubs get on the north and south tip, get in a boat with a squad, drive it over the wrecked plane so that you get it in the air (wheelie fashion) and speed to south base.  When you raise the boats front, they go so much more faster.  Easy way to use the boats to get to flags before anybody can kill you.

Yes wake was in BF:V, ea and dice created an official mod and it had wake in it, so it still counts
Especially because the mod was made by dice and ea

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-10-22 11:48:56)

ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6672
Was Wake Island in Battlefield Vietnam?
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6450|Kentucky
i hate BF2142  but i love wake
eagles1106
I just said in the previous post.  But in a way, yes wake was in Vietnam.  EA and Dice created an official mod that had wake in it, so I think it still counts, especially because EA and Dice made the mod.

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-10-22 11:50:41)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6519|UK

Lmao, least we could ice skate to the airfield
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

eagles1106 wrote:

Its not that hard, spawn, take a blackhawk, get high before the j10s come, create a squad, then get over 300 altitude where jets and others cant see you and halo over the island till you got a couple of flags.  Or, from the BEGINNING of the round before all those little nubs get on the north and south tip, get in a boat with a squad, drive it over the wrecked plane so that you get it in the air (wheelie fashion) and speed to south base.  When you raise the boats front, they go so much more faster.  Easy way to use the boats to get to flags before anybody can kill you.

Yes wake was in BF:V, ea and dice created an official mod and it had wake in it, so it still counts
Especially because the mod was made by dice and ea
Ahh my mistake thx
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6615|Malibu

Knightnifer wrote:

Mabye they should make a karkand, and then cover everything in ice, then heat it, then freeze it again?
What do you think?
Fall of Berlin is like a Karkand in BF2142 BTW.

eagles1106 wrote:

It is indeed a tradition in the series.
Because of that reason DICE will make another Wake Island for BF2142. Maybe this time, it will be covered in Snow  or something. Conquest mode will look the same but Titan mode will change all flag posts in the island as Missile Silos. I think it might work.

No matter whether it will work or not work, DICE will make wake island to show their support to the game (even though I do not think they support the game too well).
ollebolle2
+3|6371|ooooooooommmmmmgggggg haxxxx
nice idea.. btw i did'nt like wake that much anyway
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Eh, I guess for memories, but I don't think it's that great of a map in BF2.

I hope Lt.Victim doesn't see this thread.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6626|Land of the Very Cold
on Wake when it was impossible to get on the island, I would simply take a jet, fly to the island and jump off, and go on foot to some flags. Being squad leader helps too as your mates could spawn on you.
Spiderman696
+12|6616
As we remember. Wake was brought to us in BF2 with a patch. 1.12 or so? So I hope we will get it again.

Last edited by Spiderman696 (2006-10-22 15:01:11)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
whoever said it sucked in BF2 was right but remeber that was only because of the J-10 preventing the US from landing. Now the sides have nothing that could kill all the transport choppers and the transport choppers fly alot faster.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6603|USA
AND THE VERDICT IS.....

https://blogs.ipswitch.com/archives/thumbs%20down.jpg
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Eh, I guess for memories, but I don't think it's that great of a map in BF2.

I hope Lt.Victim doesn't see this thread.
Too late

If they put wake in 2142.

I will actually buy BF2142..

If not, fuck that.

BF2 FTW.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6732|Internet!
Wake + Titans! Wake + Titans! Wake + Titans!

Less air-rape, more ground combat, and Titans! Wonderful.

*chants "Wake plus Titans!" hysterically for some time*
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
Even if DICE doesn't make the map..

I'm sure someone will make it...
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6588|InGerLand

Knightnifer wrote:

What do you think?
thats called 'fall of berlin'
well its close enough anyway.

i'm sure i've seen this idea somewhere before...
yea i'd go with it so long as it looked stupidly kwl
i always thought they should find an excuse to use more of those awesome hover effects like on the PAC tank, flying buildings or something...
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6561|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Was Wake Island in Battlefield Vietnam?
Yes, in the 1942 mod.
eagles1106
Wake owns.  Period.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard