I have played it, but I won't play any more20%20% - 233
Total: 1132
<eN>Madcat
+2|6842
2) Enjoy trying out new vechicles
Dislikes
1) I felt like I was playing Unreal Tournament 2004 sometimes
2) The kits are really weird
3) Doesn't feel like I should be paying game price for this, but a mod price. ie $30 instead of $60.
Others
1) you can really get into the game because it breaks my balls quiiting a game without getting on a titan
CC-Marley
+407|6829
HAD my first CTD a minute ago. I went to field upgrades and poof! My desktop..argh
vivadrunkvegas
Banned
+0|6401
i played it and me personaly to me it like playing some kind of old cartoon game,its weak/stupid and slow in game play,to slow for me i like fast action , bf2 better, plus it seems like a bf1942 type space mod
Maj.Do
+85|6753|good old CA
Just installed and played today....
Aircraft are horrible.  I do like the mechs though but the graphics are well... crappy.   Hmm cant wait to see quake wars now
47man
+46|6424|Cali
Loved it
1-Big maps without and significant lul in the action.
2-There is no vehicle that reigns supreme in every way.
3-Infantry can hold their own against any vehicle if they work together.
Dislikes
1- The occasional connection loss.
2-Everybody whines about "spyware"
3-Everybody whines about EA.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6597

chuyskywalker wrote:

Like: It got the spit shine it needed since the beta. New awards are a nice refreshing hook.
Dislike: The ever-present "battlefield dance" on any surface still exists and drives me NUTS on the titans. The plane/chopper monstrosities are aweful.

Overall, I'll hit up a game once in a while, but I'm probably going to stick with BF2 more often than not. I just think that in 150ish years, we ought to have some f'ing lasers (if not with dolphins).
Everyone here on these forums does know that "Laser Guns" are already a possibility.  It's just that once you shoot a highly charged beam of light...you cannot control how far it goes (because light travels really really fast, the speed of light actually) hence, no light sabers.  Laser Guns are a terrbile idea anyway because of the fact that: 1.) They would be terribly humongous. 2.) Most likely the beam of light would continue on to infinity once fired.  3.) Bullets are more fun.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
I played the demo so i will comment - although some things may be incorrect and different in full game.

Like:
Team-work in conquest

Not as many nades (thank god, keep your nade spam in BF2 fags)

The floaty things (heliplaners)

The guns. They are pretty good - btw, its better to crouch at medium + close range.  Proning seems to make
your gun in-accurate for a second or two....

Vehicles seem to be easier to take down. Meaning infantry is can match up to vehicles. Maybe not in pure grunt force, but a bit of hiding and duck and covering makes them mchs easy work

Good old rank system for addictive, meaningful play.

Unlocks look fun.

Quick load times!!

Dislikes:

A few bugs need to be taken care of - hopefully a patch will fix them (without ruining everyhting else)

TV missiles crappy - i prefer flying though

Short sprint

More infantry based maps? any of these in full game?

Titan mode seems lack-lustre. Titan is actually relatively small compared to what i thought  would be a massive  Compoound styled area.

Can't take out 3-5 people at once ala Ak 101 style. (Any super guns like this in full game)

Conclusion: Will definately be ducking out to buy this as soon as i have enough money. Same old Bf2 feels, same old BF2 ownage, different looks guns and arcadish feel. I dont think it will gain as many players as Bf2 did though.

really the dislikes are very small niggles IMO and the likes easily outway.

Last edited by gene_pool (2006-10-20 09:46:03)

Linus
+53|6654
more of the same.. this series with all its bugs, non-support, and silliness has gotten very lame
and old.   I wish EA and DICE werent the creators of this game.  We'd have a much much better
experience had someone else ran with this game engine.

EA just wants 10 or 40 bucks from us every 2 months or so.  And no REAL support goes with it.
Patches that need their own patches to fix bugs upon bugs.  Horrible code. Just horrible.    Ranked
servers, the scam of the year 05'.   Stats and Ranks systems that are so pathetic that require
everyone to have babysitters before a game will start. 

BF2 was only playable 1/5 of the games. I will send EA no more of my money, ever.

2142 looks corny and gay, if you ask me.  But then again, seeing choppers taking ground
from the air, and 1200 mph jets in 1 square mile maps, and much other gayness in BF2 was
just as bad.  They're just building on their silliness here.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
Also, Gene_Pool has dissalowed text. Therefore, i cant use my name. Where is this "disallowed text" in gene pool? pfft.

actually, i think its the "poo" in it :roll:
HM1{N}
+86|6645|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

HM1{N} wrote:

My saga with 2142

Try to connect 8 times to a server with room:

Your connection to the server has been lost

On 9th try I get in server and choose a kit:

Try 4 more times:

Get in again:

Try twice:

3rd time your connection to the server...you get the picture

Fucking EA/DICE

You suck big donkey dicks and don't give a shit about the people who play them...

Oh, connecting to BF2, no PROBLEM.

Fuck EA/DICE

Edit:  This was put here because Ty closed the other thread...not sure if this is the place but....

After 2 hours of trying to get the game to play I have given up.

70% of the time I cannot join a server because of the "connection to server has been lost" message.

The other 30% of the time i can get on a server, only to get the "connection to server has been lost" message within 15 seconds of joining the game.

I have tried all the usual steps, including opening ports, updating PB, uninstalling/reinstalling.  Nothing works.

Let me say, EA/DICE, I know you read these forums.  Your company is a piece of shit, your coders are worse than high-schooler's on crack, your customer support is the worst in the industry, and you're ripping off the world's consumers.

Go EAT A DICK.

I can honestly say you've lost a customer for life.  I will never buy another EA game for ANY PLATFORM.
After a couple more hours I figured out that 2142 doesn't like dual-core.  Once I turned off my second core it started working.

EA, you suck...
Fujin
+18|6547
I think I'll continue playing it (demo) and may consider buying it although that part of it pisses me off a bit...

-A nice change of pace with the BF2 flavor.  Titan mode is pretty cool, Conquest mode seems to be (for the most part) a bit more team oriented.

-Much improved graphics and (seemingly) better performance.

-Familiar but different challenges...that's what it's all about tho, isn't it lads?  Being familiar enough with a new game that the learning curve is not so great and you can jump right in and kick a little ass right off the bat.

Dislikes:
-Ooookay...the fact that a f'king game costs 60 bucks and it apparently still has some bugs, CTDs, poor and/or incomplete coding. WTF Dice / EA?  W - T - F????  As consumers, why should we have to put up with this shit?  If a home contractor built your house out of inferior products, what would you do? Yeah...this is the biggest thing by far that burns my ass.  The other of course is a flame about 3 feet high

-There are already douchebag moron ass munchin shitwads in-game making the game experience UNenjoyable.  Would like to see some type of punish system with a little more bite that would take care of some of these 'tards.

-Looks a little like UT2004 (the demo anyway)...not a big fan.

Overall, I'll likely end up getting the game after some favorable improvements have been made and the price drops a bit.  I can certainly afford getting it now, but damn...friggin release a product that doesn't have to be fixed / patched a half dozen times.
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6496|London, UK
I like battlefield 2142, but my only gripe is this, and I know that others have had this prob too;

I HAVE THE REQUIRED POINTS, BUT THE GAME IS NOT RANKING ME UP! I CAN'T GET THE UNLOCKS EITHER! CAN ANYONE ELSE REPLY TO THIS IF THEY HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM?

feel free to add a shot at EA/DICE in ur answer.....
dalexa
+4|6606|portugal

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

no light sabers.  Laser Guns are a terrbile idea anyway because of the fact that: 1.) They would be terribly humongous. 2.) Most likely the beam of light would continue on to infinity once fired.  3.) Bullets are more fun.
you, my friend, are seing to much tv...

most of the lasers cannot be seen... they are not in the eye sight light spectrum.
laser beams have the same propagation speed of light but, just as it with light, there is a loss of power of the beam because it get dissipated in particles floating in air (only in vacuum that doesn't happen)... but it can go through some good distance all depending of the power and type of focus of the laser.
light sabers are suposed to be made of plasma not light... plasma can be almost solid and light can't... light sabers are actually possible to be made but lets get real... who in is perfect mind would use it instead of a gun? the "use the force luke" is... how can i say this... bs?
laser guns are a terrible idea because there is not a good portable energy supply in the world... any sniper would love to have a rifle where the amo cannot be disturbed by wind or rain...
last... bullets are not fun... BB's are fun...
GeForce_Sniper
+0|6400
i downloaded the demo, but i missed a file: d3sx9_29.dll, so it wouldn't start, the installation went perfect. Whats the problem?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6737|Salt Lake City

I played in the Betas, and that was it.  I won't buy this game. 

I don't like the kits or how the unlock system works for kits.
I don't care for the graphics.
I don't like the weapons in any way shape or form.
I don't like that there are only 5 maps that can be played single player, and those are all conqest maps.  This means no offline practice for Titan mode.
I don't like the in-game advertising.

I have nothing good to say about this game, and won't be buying it.
Chou
+737|6792

GeForce_Sniper wrote:

i downloaded the demo, but i missed a file: d3sx9_29.dll, so it wouldn't start, the installation went perfect. Whats the problem?
It's a sticky!!

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=47519
Not
Great success!
+216|6577|Chandler, AZ
Not impressed at all.

Reason being, I'm a pre 1.2 BF2 fan, and it seems to me like maybe DICE wanted to stop killing and dumbing down BF2, so they made 2142 for the people who still wanted to complain rather than practice.

Noob: "OMG LIEK EFERY TYM I TRY 2 C4 TEH TANK IT K1lL$ MEH!!!"

Dice: "Ok well have you ever tried flanking....ah nevermind.....you can be invisible, how about that?"

Noob: "YAY NOW I LIEK TOLY PWN NUBS LOLOL~~~!!!!11!ONEWON1!! FINULY A GUD UPDATE!!1"

I mean ok, I'm sure it's fun for some people. I'm just not one of them. I'm trying to not take a holier-than-thou approach to the game because there are some good features. Titan mode is a pretty awesome idea. But the whole rabid customization of characters takes away some of the FPS appeal for me. I don't wanna play Diablo 2 with guns. Or Gunz Online for that matter. Keep it simple, that's all I'm saying. Besides I really don't see 2142 replacing BF2 as a competitive game. Who knows, maybe enough people will play it and leave BF2 to make 2142 feasible for competitive play, despite the built in game features that would hurt competition in the first place. But I think there are also enough people who are die-hard in BF2 for the modern combat and (hopefully) the end of the dumbing down of gameplay for 13 year olds, that won't leave this game.
Lt.Garbo
Commander God
+41|6657|Denver, CO
With as many problems as BF2 has, I doubt I'll be buying/playing 2142.
I bought BF2:EF and after getting advise/help from all the King's Horses and all the King's Men, I STILL can't play it.  EA won't refund the money either.
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6741|Hamilton, Scotland
i would love to play this game, execpt for 1 thing:
THE THNG DOESNT RANK UP OR SAVE MY AWARDS!
Techworld
Banned
+17|6403

PRiMACORD wrote:

Where is the option "I tried to play it but it didn't work"

I downloaded the demo and in classic EA style, i got an error; some shit about some missing component and that i should try to reinstall it. I did and to my suprise (yeah right), it didn't work.

Fail.
install directX again
K1OVERDOSE
+2|6654
To all whom are saving money to buy the game, cool!!  For all the people that won't spend money on it (i.e. EA won't get another dime from me), Cut the crap with this "hack-the-world" mantality of getting cheap and free games.  What doesn't cost at leat $50 buck these days? --> Probably still pissed because he just spent over $1,000 dollars on prom night and didn't even get laid!!!!

I like BF2 because it's more of a "This day and age" game.  I like 2142 because it is a futureistic game.  Both have thier own thangs going for them.

I even see alot of Tanks/APC's helping out there team supplying cover till they can reach the flag or Cilo.  Not from far away but, rather right beside them.  Instead of in BF2, you could just go around killing all over the place and/or spawn camping.

Likes of 2142:
1.) Fast paced; infantry war game.
2.) Different style of game; team play
3.) Better points; pins/ribbons/metals you get points for

Dilikes of 2142:
1.) DAM Loss of Connections!!!!
2.) Get caught without a vehicle on a large map, your screwed
3.) Resolution will not go higher than 1024x860, 70htz, that sucks.
rgraze
+6|6673
Lets not forget, laser beams are not affected by gravity.
Dieselbrad
+3|6548

rgraze wrote:

Lets not forget, laser beams are not affected by gravity.
Light is affected by gravity. (Wave-particle duality) one of the major predictions of Einstein.

Of course it would be trivial on a BF2142 map... just wanted to be a dick.

I will not be buying BF2142 ... reason.. I am Infrastructure tech @ hosting company and

<There is a prob w/ my connection>

This is complete and utter bullshit.. I have narrowed the problem done to shitty code, not my openAL.dll, firewall, connection quality, Mobo, Ram, AGP card, PCI latency,.. well you get the point..

I will not be spending $50 for a mod built on the same shit code.
s()mtingWong
+48|6694
Tested the demo and didnt like it. My 3 main reasons are:

1.Unless you already have a good computer that atleast meets the req. then i suggest Dissin out some cash and upgrading.

2.I dont intend on getting the same treatment as bf2(con.errors,glitchers,nerfed so on and so forth).

3.And im not a fan of future games. Ill play future games when the future comes or atleast if it arouses my attention.

As for now ill stick with bf2 until Team Fortress or Crysis comes out.
BallisticallyYours
+23|6632|Chicago, IL
Pro's
1.   It plays the same as BF2, nothing to relearn. (For the most part)
2.   Graphically different environment\flavor
3.   Titan mode is pretty decent, makes for some long games.
Con's
1.   Don't have any yet. Played the demo, dont know if I'll buy it.

Last edited by BallisticallyYours (2006-10-20 17:33:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard