Poll

A Sticky For Stock Discussion?

Yes50%50% - 26
No50%50% - 26
Total: 52
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6765|Toronto Canada
i dont want to be arrested for leaking insider information. dont buy pae.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

First of all, you have stock in every industry? How is that possible? Yahoo alone lists 215 industries and that doesn't even really break it down.
Maybe I should be more clear.  I mean like technology, health care, etc.  Just a few from some major industries.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6627|Los Angeles, California, US.
Great Idea.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

One of the best stocks I have ever had is CMG.....Chipotle.  I bought 100 shares when it first came out, and it has been nothing but good for me.  I bought Nvidia (NVDA) at a pretty high price, and it sank a bit for me.  I still hold on to it, but I am close to getting rid of it.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

I have (1) stock in Google.

Should have thrown $1000 in when i had the chance
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

stryyker wrote:

I have (1) stock in Google.

Should have thrown $1000 in when i had the chance
Hard to be a bull sometimes.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6631|USA
I like United Technologies ticker=UTX. they pay a good dividend and are very stable with good earnings. 
most of the business units are run really well and they really complement each other.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

kessel! wrote:

buy peacearch..

PAE
Someone tell me why is says 2,000.00 in the ask colum?  Right before the market closed the ask was 1.05.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/stoc … l=US%3APAE

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-10-18 13:27:56)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Now it says 4,000.00     What the hell is going on?  Did I just make a shit load of money or lose $100?
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6633|USA
Mutual bonds for me (yes im only 16 but doenst mean im not kicking some serious ass in the stock market) making me a rich motherfucker.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6765|Toronto Canada
if i do well in school i get $1000 to throw at some stocks, so i will be doing my research.

i'll post here if i find anything worth buying.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
No.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

ATG wrote:

No.
No what?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
No sticky for stocks thread.
I thought about it.
No.
beerface702
+65|6693|las vegas
im to dumb to trade stocks

what's a good book or company to trade through, ive got 2500 bucks of un-used money that has sat in a CD for ever..

would like to invest it in tech stocks
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

ATG wrote:

No sticky for stocks thread.
I thought about it.
No.
Yes, you said that before.  How about giving a reason.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

beerface702 wrote:

im to dumb to trade stocks

what's a good book or company to trade through, ive got 2500 bucks of un-used money that has sat in a CD for ever..

would like to invest it in tech stocks
I would suggest using TD Ameritrade http://www.tdameritrade.com/welcome4.html
or Sharebuilder.com http://www.sharebuilder.com/

Those are the two that I use, and I am very happy with it.  As for a book, there are hundreds of them.  I watch Mad Money on CNBC http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/CNB … 108231.asp
he also has a book which is pretty good http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse … &itm=1
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6367|Columbus, Ohio

kessel! wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

kessel! wrote:

buy peacearch..

PAE
I can't find that much info on this stock.  What made you say this one?
lets just say i have the "low-down" on it
Speaking of low, that stock has not done anything good.  You fail.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6653
Buy SCO!  Walk the line between risk and insanity!

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=SCOX
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker

Naughty_Om wrote:

Mutual bonds for me (yes im only 16 but doenst mean im not kicking some serious ass in the stock market) making me a rich motherfucker.
Mutual funds for me, too, so far.  I'll expand from there.  I'm playing around with my selections in my 401K.  Rolled my 401K into American Funds mutual funds recently.  I'll post the companies later.  Love this sticky idea, usmarine.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6742|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
I was thinking about buying a load of US dollars, you can pick them up real cheap at the minute, and it's bound to come round again sometime soon..
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6500|Los Angeles

IG-Calibre wrote:

I was thinking about buying a load of US dollars, you can pick them up real cheap at the minute, and it's bound to come round again sometime soon..
Be very careful in that territory.

Remember what pushed the dollar down 20% in the past few months - a few non-committal sentences from a Chinese central banker. Now they seem to be taking some of that back. But FX traders, already trading with hair triggers in the first place, seem especially skittish right now.

It's a bet that could pay off, but if you wanna take it I'd advise to calculate the total amount you're willing to risk losing, multiply that by 5, and buy that amount in $.
jonsimon
+224|6495
I'm hoping to save up a good amount while I work for a year, and use that to play around in some financial investments.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6367|Columbus, Ohio

jonsimon wrote:

I'm hoping to save up a good amount while I work for a year, and use that to play around in some financial investments.
It is pretty amazing, you make money for doing nothing really.  I am not some big investor, but last month I made around $1400.
jonsimon
+224|6495

usmarine2007 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

It is pretty amazing, you make money for doing nothing really.  I am not some big investor, but last month I made around $1400.
Yeah, finishing up my Macro course I've been daydreaming ideas for interesting investments. Like trying to exploit exchange rates and differing national inflations.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard