stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Titans are giant ships, originally designed to transport Batallions of troops across the battlefield.
They are the battleships of their time.
  In all Titan-enabled maps, there are various silos at strategic points around the map. These silos
house the BLOC Anti Titan Missiles. Once you capture on of these silos, the site will automatically re-adjust
to the enemy titan.

Attacking the enemy titan- Once the Titan shield is down, you can use the APC pod launchers, or gunships to
board. A smart squad leader will place a spawnbeacon on the titan, so that his squadmates will follow.
If the other team has setup a good defense, think of ways to flush out Machine Gun positions or snipers.
Make sure your squad has all the equipment needed for a prolonged assault.

A functioning squad should consist of:
1-2 Assault (with dephibs)
2 Supporters (heavy base of fire, crossfires at critical chokepoints)
1 Recon (with adaptive camo, for sneaking around and stabbiestabbie)
Engineers to ring, if you want the rockets.

The most important part of the assault is the consoles. Consoles give you access to the Reactor Core.
Once the reactor core is prone to attack, position your squad around the core. In the last minutes of the assault, make
sure that your squad defends from general defensive attacks, along with destroying the core. All the mean while getting
Titan attack points.

Once the core goes fizzle-fizzle, run off the edge of the Titan, and get a shiney award! ^_^

Defending your titan- If your team is failing with the silos, there is always the defense side of the game. Titans
come equipped with defense guns.

There are two types of Titan guns:

1. Anti Infantry/Anti Vehicle Cannons- These cannon, on the underside of the Titan, fire a volley of explosive shells
towards the ground. These cannons are good for APC's and lowflying gunships

2. AA Gattling Cannons- These fuckers are the bane of the pilot. If you get a good enough angle on a gunship, you can take it
down within seconds.

If the enemy team destroys the Titan Guns, or gets aboard anyways, its time to defend the consoles.
    Consoles must be destroyed in order, because once the previous one is destroyed, the Shields to the next console go down.

It is up to you and your fellow defenders to protect the core of your Titan. Make sure that you know all of the critial chokepoints
throughout the titan, and make sure you arent coming to the battle unprepaired. When defending against a whole squad or two, automatic
weapons are almost a must. Defend the invaders for as long as possible, allowing for either the opposing titan to fall, or for the Titan
missiles to destroy your titan from the outside

Just remember, common sense is the best weapon you have. And the extra points you get for thinking are a plus.

*pics later*

Titan Placement:

If you are commander, you have the ability to maneuver the titan around the map. There are a few important pointers for placing the Titan

• DO NOT lanefire the ships (side to side). This makes all gunships and APCs extremely hard to maneuver
  • Try to eliminate one of the boarding factors, i.e. Place it over rough terrain, or near a friendly silo for added defense
  • Keep It between the middle silos and the far silos

I will admit it, I like to make pirate, and get the ships close to eachother. But this is a very bad tactic, because of the stated above.

Last edited by stryyker (2006-10-13 17:18:28)

MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6767|EUR
Good guide. - Should help some people who are insecure about the simplest of things.

I await for the pictures.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6586|Iceland

MuseSeeker wrote:

Good guide. - Should help some people who are insecure about the simplest of things.

wtf u read that in 1 min?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

MuseSeeker wrote:

I wrote it in two, so i dont see why now
MuseSeeker
+110|6767|EUR

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

MuseSeeker wrote:

I read the important bits. Yes I can read all of that in one minute anyway.

I already know that the titan is a huge ship etc.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
pretty good. I like it and follow most of those trips already (actually since beta2).
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6637|Ohio
hmm. I dont really care about attacking. i like to run take our ships and fly to the roof of our titan as assault and shoot the enemy snipers who land there to sneak in. It worked pretty good. That or if the titans are close to go prone right outside the sheild as support to shoot thier titans guns.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

oh shit i forgot a whole section
Raptor1
+19|6480
u should put something in on defending. Right now i jet my squad to go support and mow down anyone who enters
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Raptor1 wrote:

u should put something in on defending. Right now i jet my squad to go support and mow down anyone who enters
...wtfreaD?
starman7
+15|6717
This guide could use quite a bit of refining, BUT
Once you're finished with it, it'll be sticky material.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

its not meant to be a guide, really. Just a minute or two of writing
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

stryyker wrote:

its not meant to be a guide, really. Just a minute or two of writing
With a bit of work it would be a good guide. Maybe somebody else wants to grab what stryyker wrote and turn it into a full blown guide?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
loomdash
+0|6533|Iowa, USA
I don't know if I agree with the comments on lane firing.  I like to do it because other soldiers can use the launch pods to board easily.  Other than that, a really good explanation.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6753|Internet!
Yep, once the two Titans get along side eachother, you start using the Launch pods instead of the transport aircraft. Pity not many people know that the launch pods exist.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6518|Singapore
grenades > campers at console and reactor core

Last edited by jkohlc (2006-10-14 01:12:58)

LionEyez
+4|6612
Also, NEVER park your Titan directly above a silo, the fired missile will hit your hull regardless to whom the silo actually belongs.

And yes, parked titans are bad. if close enough You can just board each other using your escape pods.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6647|Brisbane, Australia

I like to be commander - place the titan within range of the battle - man the guns, then do some long shots with the scatter cannon, then quickly swap to commander to see where they hit

Best. Tactic. Ever.

I remember the beta, because us Australians were pissed we didnt get a server for a very long time, we jumped on the american servers, and spread the pain, by moving the titan(s) over the middle of the battle field

Have they fixed move lag?
loomdash
+0|6533|Iowa, USA

jkohlc wrote:

grenades > campers at console and reactor core
I agree
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

**If someone wants to take this info and make a real guide (with pics) feel free**
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6638|Peoria
One problem I have with it stryyker is that if you lanefire the titans, APCs and Gunships are nolonger nescessary because you can just use the titan assault pods to board the other titan. Thus zero chance of dying until your actually on the titan.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6650|Australia
Titan assault pods? WHERE AND HOW!
MuseSeeker
+110|6767|EUR

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Titan assault pods? WHERE AND HOW!
When you spawn on the deck. To you right and left there are 3 doors. Click E on one.

Last edited by MuseSeeker (2006-10-15 05:38:58)

zeidmaan
+234|6407|Vienna

Face the consoles for Titan guns, one meter away from them. Turn left or right 90 degrees. Take 7 steps forward. You should reach the edge now. Take one more step and you will fall down about half a meter to a narow corridor like thingy. Now you should see 3 little door like thingies and I think an arrow or a sign obove them. Press your enter vechile key, aim and press right mouse button to eject.

If the titan is standing over the sillo 4 (the one in the middle) you can launch your self and land on, or very near, all other silos.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

MuseSeeker wrote:

yea i know lol nice notice tyler

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard