zyphlus
+8|6758
The DAO in a accomplished bunny hoppier > 203 noobtube.  If you bunny hob and start pulling off shots at 25-30 yards you might use the whole clip but you will win 90% of the time.  Problem is... If anyone else is around your pretty much hoping to get a lucky swarm shot, hope for a pistol head shot or you run and hide while you reload.

I'm an expert bunnyhoppier and own 80% of my opponets trouble is thier friend always kills me as i'm out of ammo.  Doesn't matter i'm there to kill vehicles and I do that very well.  If you figure the rarity of armor in game on 64 player map I figure if you can kill a tank 1 out of 3 times your doing well 1 out of 5 your even.  I'm about at 2 deaths per armor vehicle and as a bonus for my team it's hard to find armor on the map i haven't put at least one round in.

The DAO and BunnyHoping OWNS you.
It was my 1st upgrade and i love it....
ranked 151 on AT and 356 on Shotgun...

Shotguns 37:21:17 2,350 1,844 1.27 8.20% 356
Anti-tank 225:12:21 10,906 8,029 1.36 151

Last edited by zyphlus (2005-11-18 22:33:43)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

Jebus. At this rate knife and pistol servers are the only fair servers. Or is the MEC knife 1 inch longer? MEC PADDERS? Is the silenced pistol imba? SILENCED PISTOL WHORES.

Jesus. if you're going to bitch about every single weapon you get killed by regularly, we'll all be figting bare handed. Or is that even unfair cuz the yanks are stronger than the chinese..
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra
this has got to be the stupidest thing ever....complaining that the guns are now an impliment of noob death..........come on noq people this isnt a sitting of the un...its game...
Amwhere
+1|6766
I'm a pistol first ATer. I like the DAO, although I still believe a different unlock (a P90, or some sort of basic assault rifle) would be better. If any class deserves an DAO (with Jackhammer damage), it would be the engineer.

I'd love to see the look on my opponets face when he has to pull his pistol because is main weapon is empty and I'm whipping out my DAO.
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6755|Medicland, sthlm

FFS, if you can't stand being killed without bitching about the opponents weapon being ubern00bert00ber, please, go play with yourself (pun intended) instead of playing this game. Youre a bad person.

Im gonna quote myself on this subject:

Nag nag nag, bitch bitch bitch.
It's a game. Suck it up and respawn.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield
yeah the DAO is way overpowered, I shot 2 blasts into a medic wielding the infamous L8 and I died instead. Yeah, your a moron,  it's mostly the player, not the weapon.  Even though I do have to say it doesn't take much aiming/skill/tactic to use the 203, I hate it because I get hit everytime with it, the bunny-hopping-dolphin-diving-M203-nader is the only thing that pisses me off to the full extent because I wish I could do that. I wish I could go around and kill everyone and not get hurt and get high scores and tell everyone that I owned them, in my own asshole-I'm better than you-can't touch this-wish you could be me-kind of way.
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6735|In a van down by the river
I wouldn't call it a n00b weapon, although I don't use it often.  The n00b t00b is n00bish from all lengths, distances, and angles.  The dao is a close up in your face ownage weapon.  I prefer the jackhammer however because it doesn't take nearly as long to reload.
thinner44
+1|6811

imdead wrote:

yeah the DAO is way overpowered, I shot 2 blasts into a medic wielding the infamous L8 and I died instead.
CQC only, and only 2 blasts, even up close and personal you should be looking to hit him with at least 4-5, make sure he's down and out, poke him with a stick if in doubt

the_heart_attack says "this has got to be the stupidest thing ever....complaining that the guns are now an impliment of noob death"

I hear when the new patch comes out, all guns are banned and we have to use feathers.... then it would be, who's feather is biggest
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6772|Canada, Ont
I hate this gun...so Ugly...So Crappy.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
Those who hate the DAO-12 are the ones that charge in around corners and are constantly in CQC.

Those that don't hate the DAO-12 are the ones that pick off AT people from a distance (Long to Medium range)

Its the difference between gunho charging tactics and flanking/covering tactics.

As I play AT quite a bit I see no huge benefit from the DAO-12 outside CQC. If I am doing my job as an AT and taking out vehicles and not playing Assault Marine as an AT Kit, then it is perfectly reasonable.

Yes the DAO-12 is DEADLY in CQC. Outside that it's useless. I use my pistol quite a bit as AT because of the range limits of the DAO-12. And yes I do use my SRAW against infantry from time to time at Long range, esspecially snipers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6764

I've been thinking, and I have concluded that if the characters were innaccurate while jumping, people wouldn't have so much trouble with the DAO. Honestly, no way in hell are you gonna shoot a shotgun mid air and expect full accuracy.

The weapon itself is balanced, one of the few in BF2... the players on the other hand are the ones that need some balancing.
Sud
+0|6749
I personally would rather deal with the hopping DAOer. At least there's a good chance of killing him as medic with AK101.

What I can't stand is that assault I just got 4 confirmations on turning around and throwing that toob in the face. Insta death, no counter.
schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6780

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

Awww if it will go like that I would expect that we will see PKM/RPK/SAW whores or a pistol whores. Stop complaining about the damn weapons. Weapon cant kill by itself.

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE!
A 3.45 INCHES HOLE IN THE HEAD KILLS PEOPLE!

So lets say that you just had a bad day.

GotMex? wrote:

What makes the assault nade launcher a noobtube is that it is 1hit death at close range, medium range, and even  long range with a bit of practice. This makes for unbalanced game play, particularly in the close range battles.
Why the hell you need assault in this game than. Almost 0 teampoints every round is balanced by getting GL kills. No GL, no Assault kit imho. Assault soldiers are for killing the enemy personnel. So they should be most powerful.
At least make good arguements if you are going to post a response.  Just because a weapon is in the game does not mean its balanced and takes skill to use.  Take the BFG from Quake2 for example.  It just killed everything in its path without proper aim or worry.  Of course most servers removed this from the gun options.  "Stop complaining about the weapons!"  Why not?   Its the best way to balance them.

Not that I think the DAO is unbalanced as I only get killed in small alleyways, rarely in the open.  But if you going to say not to complain about a weapon give a good point for your reasoning. It makes for a more interesting read.

Also your last paragraph is horrid. What you are saying is keep the GL BECAUSE no team points? wtf.  You just removed the usefulness of the G3 with that argument.  Why not balance both the GL and team points for Assault then? Maybe different changes. Its OK to change a weapon/vehicle in the game. ITS OK.

CHeck the blackhawk for example.  People would flag cap with that like crazy and unbalanced some of the maps. (Mostly with little anti-air)  They would then say "Stop complaining, there are strategies against it! Why do you think its in the game!"  Well after the latest patch..its not.

Be objective.  Toughest part for most people.

P.S.  I think the knife is overpowered. Snipers keep throwing them at me from very long distances. And it even sounds like a shot when they throw them, wierd enough.
unforgiven5150
+0|6780|Phoenix, AZ

Metaltop wrote:

Too make a long story short unforgiven5150, lots of people don't agree with you.
And I'm OK with that. I'm not one of those that needs to start a flame war or personal attack someone because they don't. Although it seems like some people here need to.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6753
noobtube (v.) - 1. to run amok in BF2 as assault class, and use the grenade launcher in all situations, be it close range, long range, right around a corner, urban, wilderness, vehicle, or on foot. 2. to never use the actual assault rifle when using the assault class (n.) - one who noobtube's.

that being said, i have no problem with using the grenade launcher. its very usefull against jeeps and low flying trans heli's for sure.

however, when your in a building, you turn the corner, and catch a 40mm to the face, because the guy running around in a building never uses the actual rifle that the tube is connected to, thats annoying.

*that* being said, the DAO-12, according to the UBAR, is relatively similar to the S2K, the weakest shotgun. thus, compared to other shotguns, the DAO-12 is sucky. compared to the even suckier SMG's, the DAO-12 is godsend for self defense when your AT.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6753

schuff wrote:

Also your last paragraph is horrid. What you are saying is keep the GL BECAUSE no team points? wtf.  You just removed the usefulness of the G3 with that argument.  Why not balance both the GL and team points for Assault then? Maybe different changes. Its OK to change a weapon/vehicle in the game. ITS OK.
OK maybe my English aint that good but anyway... Yeap I guess I didnt rly think about ppl who use G3 alot (I dont like it, just cant hit more than 2 persons before reloading). Sorry about that. But anyway, lets say that you are a medic. In one round (Sharqi for example. Not Karkand, because everyone will think about n00b tubing) you got KD 5:15 and you still got the first place. And an assault guy, who is on foot, not flying and not in the tank, managed to get KD 30:6. He took off 6 time more tickets from the enemy than medic guy did. But he got 2nd place. Why? Because all what medic was doing (not ALL MEDICS! DONT TALK ABOUT KITS DISCRIMINATION!) is just running around, revive teammate infront of the enemy and then both of them (medic and teammate) dies. Result 2 tickets less instead of 1. So medic is reviving like this is the only one thing left in his life, gets 55+ teamwork points and thats it. Assault guy on the city map can manage max 15-20 teampoints. He just cant capture all flags alone. So he should rack up points by getting kills. Thats where GL comes out. Sure its stupid when assault guy is running around with GL only. I'm usually an assault not because of GL, but mostly because of body armor. (kinda cant sit in one placa longer than 2 minutes). And for me GL is not a primary, its a secondary weapon. I shoot first, GL later.

So, when I said that ea should keep GL because of no team, my point wasnt about gameplay balance. At this point I must admit that assault might be a little overpowered. But GL is making balance in points, not in gameplay. (you can get easy GL points alot [plz dont say n00b tube]). I play for fun, so I dont really care about points, but most ppl do.

As you said, why not balance both the GL and team points for Assault then? Hmmm, I was thinking about it lately. But I cant find a free aspect in the game from what you can manage a teamwork points system for an assault. REVIVE WITH A GL, ROFL . So, if you make GL less powerful, assault speciality will be just body armor. Then why to play as an assault. Its better to be a support guy (+ body armor, unlimited ammo + PKM, which is almost equal to G3 or even better). I know that alot of people play assault because of GL. But if you call anyone a n00b tuber, just look at his KD ratio in this round. D>K usually. Its because you have to learn when to use GL. As I said before in other posts using GL to kill ONE person on foot, its just a waste of GL rounds and time. I will not talk about methods of using GL, they can vary from one situation to another.

So afterall, the only way, that I see, to balance GL and teampoints is no, not give teampoints for an assault. The better way to balance points for an assault kit is to get rid of GL or make it less powerful, but give to assault a 3 points for kill instead of two. That seems fair to me. But as you can see than ppl will stop complain about GL, but will start complain about the points. I'm not against complaining, I guess I'm just that type of person, and if I got killed I look at my own mistakes first, instead of complaining about n00bs who killed you.

So if you would like to change GL in this game you should give to an assault more possibilities to kill and to score (3 points per kill, or 5 poins per 2 kills or sumpting like that). That were my reasons when I wrote my prev. post. And also I must say that EA tried to balance scoring first, gameplay second. (IMHO).

P.S. DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL. NO OFFENCE.
It will be interesting to read your responds

GL HF

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2005-11-21 11:25:24)

schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6780
Hmm good thoughts.

Here is where I see the medic is getting too many points.  Because they are rewarded even if their "victim" they revived is killed instantly again.  My thought around this is if your friendly you revive stays alive for +2 seconds after revivial then you get the +2 points.  If he doesn't you get 0.  This should also help medics from reviving in combat just to get those points (a lil help).  You can even play with this formula and change the seconds and points such as only alive for 1 second you only get 1 point, etc.

As for the assault class. Maybe he should score team points for using the smoke grenade/grappling hook(expansion).  Such as if its your smoke grenade going off while team members capture a base, or an enemy gets killed inside the smoke. This has its down sides of course and we'd see smoke everywhere.   Actually that'd be kinda fun to see! Smoke grenades are not used enough. Or someone uses your hook to climb, +1 point and that hook as a max point on it.

I agree the assault needs some teamwork help as rarely no one uses them as such. (no point reward)  Look at the egineer, points for repair? Right, around 5-10 max per round.  The medic and support definately have a teamwork point advantage and I hope a lot of these things get worked out.

I'd love to see engineers mines not get a TK for friendly vehicles, even if they do blow them up. That way people are more careful? Maybe not but at least engineers would use them more! Same as for claymores.  And to help prevent TK engineers they could evaluate how close the vehicle was to the mine as the mine was laid and then give the TK if it was less than X feet away.  So TK'ers couldn't take advantage of.

P.S.  Keep in mind if a medic revives a teammate and they DON'T die, then no ticket is removed from the total.  This is just as good as an assault class removing tickets.

Last edited by schuff (2005-11-21 13:48:18)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard