Poll

Is using Macros on a keyboard condidered hacking?

Yes45%45% - 75
No54%54% - 89
Total: 164
GATOR591957
+84|6625
My clan is having an internal debate on this and I would like your input. 

For: It's external and is not anything that can't physically be done on a standard keyboard.

Against:  It gives you an unfair edge and if it can be done on a keyboard than do it, don't be lazy.

Your thoughts??

Last edited by GATOR591957 (2006-10-02 08:19:27)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

I think it is gay and sad.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6722|Doncaster, England

usmarine2005 wrote:

{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6676|In You Endo- Stoke
I think its just another way of getting your computer to do somehting for you,which defies the whole point of playing in my view.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6544|Doncaster, UK
No, I wouldn't say it was hacking, but I do believe the software which records the macro is now considered to breach this clause of the ROE:

ROE wrote:

3.1.1 Players may not change (hack) any core games files or effectively change game settings by employing external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving themselves an unfair advantage over other players.
In essence it depends on what the macro is.

P.S. Your poll allows you to tick both options so don't expect any meaningful result!

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-10-02 08:25:45)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

Qfe   "macros are for pussies"
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

I am suprised these Macro users don't try and hook up a Game Genie to their computer.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6630|Derby, England

Its not considered hacking ( as u dint have half of stuff there as u do on hacking like Aim-bot it will not let u improve your aiming and so on.)

So in my opinion yeas it does give u unfair advantage ( but no it's not considered hacking )

My question is why would anyone want to use it ?
luckeydogg
+35|6527|C:/system32/pimp.exe

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

No, I wouldn't say it was hacking, but I do believe the software which records the macro is now considered to breach this clause of the ROE:

ROE wrote:

3.1.1 Players may not change (hack) any core games files or effectively change game settings by employing external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving themselves an unfair advantage over other players.
In essence it depends on what the macro is.

P.S. Your poll allows you to tick both options so don't expect any meaningful result!
The ROE is a bunch of B*LLSHIT some dumbass came up with...  If you break the "ROE" its not like you would be banned or something...  I have YET to see anyone banned from BF2 for breaking these bullsh*t rules...
Phrozenbot
+632|6613|do not disturb

badhq wrote:

Its not considered hacking ( as u dint have half of stuff there as u do on hacking like Aim-bot it will not let u improve your aiming and so on.)

So in my opinion yeas it does give u unfair advantage ( but no it's not considered hacking )

My question is why would anyone want to use it ?
I might macro "Thank you" to a key so when I t-bag them, I'm saying "Thanks boss. Thanks boss. Thanks, I owe you one."
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6544|Doncaster, UK
Thanks for your considered opinion. Did I say I agreed with it? No!

The OP wanted some input to his clans internal debate which is what I gave him.

Thanks for your outburst!
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6693|UK
Fgs why cant anyone make a normal thread where you can only select one or the other.
No it isnt
killa_karnickl
Plöt aba Madurah
+34|6441|Austria - Graz
What the hack are Macros???
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6544
It's not hacking, but things like full auto pistols and dolphin dive macros are lame. Learn to do it manually or don't do it.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
GATOR591957
+84|6625
My falult I'm not very experienced on poll making.  I didn't see an option for one or the other.
basetballjones
+30|6746
I think it depends on the usage of the macro, but hacking.. no

Say for instance you set a key to switch to supplies, throw one out, then back to your PKM.. nothing wrong with that.

But if you use it to pronespam across the map and make your hitboxes unhittable.. well that's pretty stupid.

IDK, I have a macro capable keyboard, and have tried using different macros for stuff, but I really don't see any advantage.. well unless you do the pronespam thing, but I couldn't even fiinish a round like that, it just sucked.

The ROE has alot of room for interpretation, you could even read into it that teamspeak or ventrilo was an unfair advantage over players that don't use such communications, and thus illegal in BF2... so what is a player supposed to do?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6703|Antarctica
No, macros suck anyway.  I've tried out a few and I can play better without them.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6735

Is making correct polls a art on its own?

(0) YES
(  ) NO
stonehand
I need a medic here! Please?!?
+12|6679|Southern Indiana

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

I think its just another way of getting your computer to do somehting for you,which defies the whole point of playing in my view.
ditto
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
Not hacking, but what would you use them for? I'm pretty sure you need to be able to control exactly what you do, not have the same thing going over and over in a complex game like BF2.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK
Macros are for lazy people who cant be bothered to press buttons.
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6709|Groningen / Netherlands
macro ftl
ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6554|Scotland
depends what they are used for. For example, a burst gun can be macroed to basically auto, the macro is just a set of instructions which gives the unfair advantage.

a 36e with a macro of auto = wow.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6443|Wales
No its not hacking but i would class it as cheating
manitobapaintballa
+32|6616
i say no but it is annoying (if you know someone is using them) and cheap

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard