TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6597|Gold Coast, Australia
I WANT THIS GAME!!!!

Ive been playing the demo and that runs out after an hours play.

Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6628|Australia
That looks kick ass. I have only played on a flight simulator once - i tried to do a loop-de-loop in a lear jet and ripped of the wings in the process.....

..... SO MUCH FUN
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6691|Scotland
I've also had a look at this game. Looks pretty damn sweet tbh!

Looking at minimum sys. reqs. now...  Yup, should be able to run it

Last edited by [E.F.L]Airwolf (2006-09-27 05:18:46)

BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6590|Manitowoc, WI

doneyone wrote:

fuck this game, its gay
If by game, you mean "not like bf2", then yes it's definatly a faggot.  But alot of the people that play BF2 probably won't even touch a game that has the word "Simulator" in it.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

Anyone know what the online side of flight sims from microsoft are like? Proper dogfights? None the less, crashing and ripping off wings of a jet sounds frickin cool!
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6497|Singapore

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

I've also had a look at this game. Looks pretty damn sweet tbh!

Looking at minimum sys. reqs. now...  Yup, should be able to run it
uh link please? thanks.
Sandriatinhi
+15|6618|Apeldoorn, Holland
Talking about simulators: GTR 2 FTW!!!

Last edited by Sandriatinhi (2006-09-27 05:51:31)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

I have the demo, which is good fun, however, you will want a very good rig to run it well, as it runs horribly on my computer. (P4 3.6 Ghz with a 6600)
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6597|Gold Coast, Australia

ghettoperson wrote:

I have the demo, which is good fun, however, you will want a very good rig to run it well, as it runs horribly on my computer. (P4 3.6 Ghz with a 6600)
Same
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6457|Melbourne

I seen this in EB and i like the look of it, can you fly fighter jets in this one?

Min SPecs:
System Requirements

* Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 / Vista
    * PC with 1 GHz equivalent or higher processor
    * 256 MB of system RAM for Windows XP SP2 / 512 MB Vista
    * 14 GB available hard disk space
    * 32x speed or faster DVD-ROM drive
    * 32 MB DirectX 9 compatible video card required
    * Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
    * Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
    * 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

Taken from the Offical Site

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-09-27 18:22:46)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Po0PO0
+8|6474
yeh its a not too shabby game, played the demo its prety good

doneyone wrote:

fuck this game, its gay
I'm someone who likes most anything other then mmo's and I have to agree. While some of the gfx are good like water and some objects the terrain still looks like total shit and the objectives are boring as fuck.
R3v4n
+433|6457|Melbourne

Could anyone picture themselves trying to pull a LOST idea im going to buy this game and try and find my house!

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

doneyone wrote:

fuck this game, its gay
I'm someone who likes most anything other then mmo's and I have to agree. While some of the gfx are good like water and some objects the terrain still looks like total shit and the objectives are boring as fuck.
Have you checked out the Offical Site?  They have Before and after shots of the Terrain and they look A HELL OF A LOT BETTER.

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-09-27 18:32:44)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6504|Australia
Its good because there is no more tackey 2D cockpits. But the downside is I need a new Graphics card, i cant wait till the freeware (and payware) military aircraft roll in.

I wonder if some of the FS2004 planes are compatable?

Last edited by TheDoctor (2006-09-27 18:31:44)

R3v4n
+433|6457|Melbourne

Go to http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/ and see the improvments for your self...
TheDoctor
+51|6504|Australia

doneyone wrote:

fuck this game, its gay
you have an opinon, but please make it constructive.
I had the demo and it totally looks like shit when you get anywhere near it and thats at max settings. Unless they improve them in retail or something they can take glamour shots allday I know it looks like shit.
R3v4n
+433|6457|Melbourne

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

I had the demo and it totally looks like shit when you get anywhere near it and thats at max settings. Unless they improve them in retail or something they can take glamour shots allday I know it looks like shit.
Thats fine you can have an opinion, here are some nice screen shots for every one.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsi … ge_30.html

i cant believe they rendered the whole world lol....

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-09-27 18:43:52)

TheDoctor
+51|6504|Australia

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

I had the demo and it totally looks like shit when you get anywhere near it and thats at max settings.
they may have better resolution to the scenery in more popular areas where more of the players will fly like cities and around Major airports.
R3v4n
+433|6457|Melbourne

TheDoctor wrote:

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

I had the demo and it totally looks like shit when you get anywhere near it and thats at max settings.
they may have better resolution to the scenery in more popular areas where more of the players will fly like cities and around Major airports.
Also they did render the whole World.....

cut them some slack!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6691|California

Imagine what it would look like with 2 DX10 cards and a Conroe..

/drools
R3v4n
+433|6457|Melbourne

stryyker wrote:

Imagine what it would look like with 2 DX10 cards and a Conroe..

/drools
Man i can only imagine......

[ZULTAN!]

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-09-27 19:23:55)

BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6590|Manitowoc, WI
It may be a rumor, but I've heard that, because of all the imformation and how good the game will look, with every setting to the max, no computer can run it smoothly.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6624
The new missions sound cool:

From the website blurb wrote:

Flight Simulator + Combat Flight Simulator + Destructable Buildings + Multiplayer = 9/11 Scramble Mission! 

Team A: As soon as the planes go deviate from course or switch off their transponders to scramble your F-16's to intercept the hijacked planes.  Try and bring those muthas down away from populated areas, as your team scores on KDR.  If you shoot down all the planes, the enemy will score nothing.

Team B: You must get those planes through at all costs.  You know a couple of radar blackspots to sneak up, and have a few tricks up your sleeve using the lack of transponder to confuse air traffic control.  You have a number of targets to choose from, but will Team A work out which one in time?  You'll be scored on KDR, so if you get all the planes through the enemy team will score nothing.

This 32 player scenario is balanced 13 Team A players to 19 Team B by design, and you must have at least 3 air traffic controllers on Team A to monitor things from the ground.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6668

doneyone wrote:

fuck this game, its gay
I didn't know that games had sexual preferences.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard