ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6532
Shadow’s Comprehensible Guide to the Iron Gator

Ok I’ve been playing a lot of Iron Gator as part of my new anything but Karkand outlook on BF2. Why am I writing a guide on some map like Iron Gator. Well to many people Iron Gator is one of the greatest maps ever including me. Many people also don’t like playing this map because its daunting and hard to do at first if you have no clue what is going on and what you should be doing. So I am writing this guide to bring in more people that want to play this map and share my experience in this map with others.

Before I start I just want to say that I am not the greatest Iron Gator player, I never said I was but I just want to help out those people that are interested and might not know as much as I do. If you are a Iron Gator guru stay away. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticism.

Oh yeah and if you are looking for a server running Iron Gator I suggest FW Gauntlet. It has Claymore FF on so there wont be clays on every door. If you are interested in hosting a Iron Gator server put up rules like no claywhoring, no MEC base rape and keep the number of people under 48 or so because the map gets intensly laggy with 64 players and too chaotic.

Navy SEALs

We all know that the SEALs have a easier time in this map then the MEC side does but if you aren’t paying attention then you can just lose the ship.

Defending the ship:

As a Navy SEAL your job is to defend the Iron Gator. This task isn’t as hard as you might think. For beginning of the round I would suggest using the AT kit to take out any boats and APCs going toward the ship. If you are a lucky SOB and get your hands on the Apache it’s going to be a fun round for you. A couple things to watch out for as a defender are enemy HIND and be aware of where the enemy transport chopper is since it can deposit a lot of enemies on the ship and make you lose a point. In the event you do lose a point get to it and get it back as soon as possible. Get your commander to find any people left in the ship since they can capture a point. If the MEC get a firm hold on several points of the ship get off the deck and do some infantry combat inside the ship. Also make sure you employ the Essex gun.

Weapon choice:

Depending on your style of play anything works. I personally like being Medic or Engineer to make good use of the Shottie in the lower levels of the ship where the quarters are pretty close and the shotgun is deadly. I’ve seen many different strategies. Spec Ops with the dead accurate G36C, Assaults with G3s, Anti Tanks with DAO-12s for that close range goodness and so on. Really its up to you.

The Apache and You:

If you get your hands on the Apache your going to have a good round if you are a good pilot. You don’t even need a good gunner with the Apache. If you get lucky and get a good gunner point him towards the shore and let him fire off a TV to catch any annoying enemy Tunguskas. Unless you feel uber-leet I wouldn’t suggest flying out from behind the ship, since there is plenty of AA on shore to make you a burning husk. You are probably going to have to engage the Hind on countless occasions, which is fine. If you can get in close to the Hind you get an automatic dog fight win since it cant turn as fast as you can and its missiles fire far apart thus making you hard to hit. Watch out for TV’s though since that is a huge pain. If you have a good gunner just point him towards the Hind.

Middle Eastern Coalition Special Forces

On this team you got to be ready for a tough fight.

Getting on the ship:

To get anything done on this map you got to get on the ship. There are several ways of doing this and I will discuss what I think works pretty well. One strategy which can be employed at round start is getting on a jet ski as fast as you can and driving into the dock. Usually the SEALs don’t get there as fast as you do and you can cap the Engine Room thus opening a spawn point on the Iron Gator. If your alone then stay to defend the point since usually the SEALs make their way down from the Flight Deck to retake the point. Once there is enough people to hold the point move on to other points. If the first attempt to get into Engine Room by Jet Ski fails grab the APC and arc around one of the sides of the Iron Gator to avoid AT from the Flight Deck and shoot the hell out of the dock. It helps if your squad leader then people can spawn on you and make their way into the engine room and cap it. At that point abandon the APC and blow it up and move on. The transport chopper also has several ways on getting on the ship. Fly really high and everyone jump out and maybe one of you will survive to get down into the ship to cap a point. 2 other ways, which are quite successful, is flying into the dock or the hangar bay. Oh yeah one thing you should never ever do is use the inflatable boat since it’s just a target for AT dudes. Among other things you can get the APC parked in the water near the ESSEX to keep it offline if the chopper and the Mobile AA vehicle can surpress the Apache.

The HIND and You:

The Hind is a powerful tool but it requires a gunner. The first thing you should do when taking off is point gunner towards the Essex so he can take it out. The second thing you should do is find the Apache and shoot it down. From then on you can dominate the top of the ship. That’s all there is to it. Make sure you aren’t flying in a predictable pattern over the Gator though since there is a lot of pissed of AT guys on the deck.

Weapon choice:

This is the same as the Navy Seals. Some of the kits I play is Assault for Ak101 or G3 which ever I feel like, Medic for the Ak47 and Support for the RPK74. Its entirely up to you what you find effective and fun to use.

Il be updating this guide with pictures and more things if its well received.

Last edited by ShadowFoX (2006-09-25 18:55:51)

Ben>You
+90|6527
Got a karkand guide?
Master*
Banned
+416|6496|United States
https://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/22414462779.png

i dont need a guide
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6532
Like I said this guide isnt for everyone.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic
Playing MEC on Iron Gator is easy if you have a decent squad, just tell them all to hold spawn, jump on your jet ski, get to the engine room and up pop 5 more soldiers ready to kill whatever needs to be killed.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6532

Ben>You wrote:

Got a karkand guide?
Yeah. Get your ass to the hotel and spam grenades. Or hop in a tank and spawn camp.
Des.Kmal
+917|6619|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

ShadowFoX wrote:

Ben>You wrote:

Got a karkand guide?
Yeah. Get your ass to the hotel and spam grenades. Or hop in a tank and spawn camp.
lol
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6531

lol he just said karkand in a nutshell hehe, BTW nice guide, well earned +1 comin your way
Ben>You
+90|6527

ShadowFoX wrote:

Ben>You wrote:

Got a karkand guide?
Thanks.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

Ben>You wrote:

Got a karkand guide?
£Bvª5ªÁB€m5¤E¢“Ã5hˆ{ñB†´%E”Ìq2åJ•èˆé†èÕ¬"8èÀ*zÄϨ¯5:ú&I«’'GΚu«®0`à¨A·o
Äêî­;±b½§-Aqí'ne@¯w®ÀG€³k߸¡-B…þ–±Xñå‰7X°`dÔ ”qãžY…ƒÎ
÷·Ú¯YᧈÓU5ÅšH§­vÓVž½§ mZÉ·•o¬·„`±‡Üqn –bè]4cl±U]wiÇ_Ùõ•¢wàQ!žqˆQyèµwQï½ÖàVÀáÆdáWY¤O> ÕH@‰ÄZF    ES‘8À¤U8JfSÔæ XBh ocŽ9‡h¢9£!¾Õ&sÔ©eÝ#Ø™È]!*Ž"Ø--¾øb    ç1–!F6MöTØ$‚ q`”M¶ÝVEöÇßVCÅtÔQ>Z™UÐÚS±}†ÕS‘ruÁ™½Íø[šþ°*gÞ¬ÑÅY+Œ5ÇØœwö

Would you like to use the Gay-Translator 3000?
[YES] ----- [NO]

[YES]

processing...

Ben>You wrote:

Got a karkand guide?
Translation from Gay to English complete
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6552
one mistake i think.

AK47 for medic?
  AK101

But yeah, cheers for the guide. Most of its common sence but I do seem to get raped on that map a fair few times. Oh and I find a Good sniper (not me) can work on the main deck and inside the main room.
Ben>You
+90|6527

stryyker wrote:

Ben>You wrote:

Got a karkand guide?
÷·Ú¯YᧈÓU5ÅšH§­vÓVž½§ mZÉ·•o¬·„`±‡Üqn –bè]4cl±U]wiÇ_Ùõ•¢wàQ!žqˆQyèµwQï½ÖàVÀáÆdáWY¤O> ÕH@‰ÄZF    ES‘8À¤U8JfSÔæ XBh ocŽ9‡h¢9£!¾Õ&sÔ©eÝ#Ø™È]!*Ž"Ø--¾øb    ç1–!F6MöTØ$‚ q`”M¶ÝVEöÇßVCÅtÔQ>Z™UÐÚS±}†ÕS‘ruÁ™½Íø[šþ°*gÞ¬ÑÅY+Œ5ÇØœwö

[YES] ----- [NO]

[YES]

processing...

Ben>You wrote:

Got a karkand guide?
Que?

Sam: It's the AK-47. Go play the map.

Last edited by Ben>You (2006-09-25 16:28:54)

Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic

Ben>You wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Ben>You wrote:

Got a karkand guide?

[YES] ----- [NO]

[YES]

processing...

Ben>You wrote:

Got a karkand guide?
Que?

I believe he means that you are a gay, and I agree
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
Nice intentions, a good guide for anyone who hasn't played Iron Gator before.

I've only played the map about 3 times, barely enough to pick up the basics. Although I had the logic to take shotguns for the below-deck fighting, the 'start of round' tactics and general helicopter comments proved helpful. Because you took the time for this and wanted to share some information, have a +1 cookie ;].
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6552
Eh?

Seriously?

Wow no need to be a snank about it.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

Towelly wrote:

Ben>You wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Ben>You wrote:

Got a karkand guide?

[YES] ----- [NO]

[YES]

processing...

Que?

I believe he means that you are a gay, and I agree
I just coded the Gay-Translator 3000 in X1337MHTML ver. 3
Ben>You
+90|6527

samhornby wrote:

Eh?

Seriously?

Wow no need to be a snank about it.
Snank? Sorry if I'm being a "Snank", I've just found out that I'm gay, via Towelly and stryyker.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6425|Canuckistan
Not bad, keep writing guides.
Though many of the points made were obvious.
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6552
Ah, i asumed I was the Gay. My bad.
Ben>You
+90|6527

samhornby wrote:

Ah, i asumed I was the Gay. My bad.
Indeed. One might say that you shall be the butt of many a joke from here on out eh wot?
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6532
Oh yeah someone was confused about the MEC SF Medic having an AK47 instead of the AK-101. I think the reason why EA did this is because the map doesnt allow noob tubes(thank god) so to keep the Assault AK-101 distinctive from the Medic they gave the Medic an AK47. I personally love the AK47 for its high damage and its pretty mangeble at close range spray.
Ben>You
+90|6527

ShadowFoX wrote:

Oh yeah someone was confused about the MEC SF Medic having an AK47 instead of the AK-101. I think the reason why EA did this is because the map doesnt allow noob tubes(thank god) so to keep the Assault AK-101 distinctive from the Medic they gave the Medic an AK47. I personally love the AK47 for its high damage and its pretty mangeble at close range spray.
Its actually because it's the MEC:SF and they have the 47 on every map (I think)

Last edited by Ben>You (2006-09-25 16:37:59)

samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6552

Ben>You wrote:

ShadowFoX wrote:

Its actually because it's the MEC:SF and they have the 47 on every map (I think)
Ah. Cheers for clearing it up guys. I thought it was just MEC. Ohwell.
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6510|Minnesota eh

Masterstyle wrote:

http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/22414462779.png

i dont need a guide
o rly?
https://img1.putfile.com/thumb/9/26719385319.jpg
Ben>You
+90|6527
Hurray for helo's.

Board footer