Leataher_Nuts73
+4|6439
I've been playing BF2 for about a month now and am enjoying it overall. I usually play SOCOM on PS2, BF2 is a welcome change of pace for me.

Last night I had my first run in with a kid player that just didn't understand the game...

I was on Zatar Wetlands, USMC, I was in a tank and after coming over a small rise right outside the central island flag I'm confronted with a PLA tank and what I think was an AA. I started firing and some of my comrades did as well with AT kits. The enemy tank was starting to draw a bead on me so I dropped smoke and reversed hard.

Well lo and behold this kid comes flying up behind me in a buggy and runs right into my ass. The buggy blows up and there was a passenger as well.

Next thing I see is that I was punished for two team kills!

I yelled over the mic that that was bullshit and this kid who sounded about 10 yells back that I should watch when I back up...I let it go but that was weak!

Okay, I'm done now...
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6634|Camp XRay

sorry, i know your prob new but get used to it. most of the regulars either play poe, sf, or have found decent servers to play in.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

-8 points? so what. just kill 10 ppl an u have +12.. that simple
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6639|Muenster, Germany
Sorry, i may sound like a smart-ass, but i don't think it was a PLA tank, could be MEC ?!

back to topic: I know what you mean, a friend of mine got a round with 6 or 7 of those moron-attacks.
Sometimes i think, those guys don't spare you your points.
doneyone
+30|6566|Holland Hardcore
This happens all the time, you'll get used to it

Last edited by doneyone (2006-09-21 07:09:31)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6576|Area 51
Why do you have to blame the kids? its usually the kids that understand more out of this game then the adults
Eyeshooter
+3|6468|uh.. good question..
classic bf2 momment..

play this game long enough and it'll all just blend into the overall game play..

dontcha just wish you had the address of every player you 'accidently' teamkill?.. or the other way round..
Leataher_Nuts73
+4|6439
Yeah I guess it's true with any online game, it's a great game if it weren't for the players!

Oh well, I still managed to get a pretty good score out of the round...

Oh, and whoever that was above, you're right it was a MEC tank...
Leataher_Nuts73
+4|6439
Why do you have to blame the kids? its usually the kids that understand more out of this game then the adults
I'm blaming the kids because it was a kid that did it..I'm not saying he wasn't a good player, just that he pissed me off in that instance.

I've been playing online games for quite a while and have noticed that kids tend to try and upset the balance of a game more then to play a fair game. If there's a cheat or a chance to nerf, kids will use them everytime and blame the programmer for leaving it there.

On the other hand I've ran across some kids that were great players and I've played against adults that cheated..so take it for what it is...
[L4WD] thealmightygnome
+3|6491|A Cardboard Box, 29a
I am still technically a "kid" (despite the beard), but the squeaky little american or scottish kids (why are always American or Scottish???) you get on all games who know a whole host of four letter words that sometimes get them kicked are always there and twice as loud as any other nations. The only way to escape them is to get them kicked, stand in front of their cars four times. If you think this is morally wrong just put the mute on and threaten to tell their mummies that they have been playing on games when they should have been at school!
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6700|London, UK
Use the minimap
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6571

TodErnst wrote:

Sorry, i may sound like a smart-ass, but i don't think it was a PLA tank, could be MEC ?
zatar doesnt have MEC
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6749|The Hague, Netherlands

c4_he_was_famous wrote:

TodErnst wrote:

Sorry, i may sound like a smart-ass, but i don't think it was a PLA tank, could be MEC ?
zatar doesnt have MEC
https://wiki.bf2s.com/_media/maps/battlefield-2/zatar-wetlands_64.jpg?cache=cache&w=648&h=650

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

c4_he_was_famous wrote:

TodErnst wrote:

zatar doesnt have MEC
http://wiki.bf2s.com/_media/maps/battle … &h=650

Owned by alpha, uninstall bf2 now kthx.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
224th R0ck3tpack
Hostile pansy spotted!
+8|6440|NH
I'm American, but not all kids who are big-headed are American.  I find a lot of English people stereotyping Americans for this purpose. I've never played with a Scottish kid before. You spell like you live in the UK. Do you? If so, go back to drinking your tea and if someone swears at you, shoot them.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6705|Howell, Mi USA
There will be worse punishes then that. But welcome to the wonderful world of Bf2 players.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Dex Luther
+32|6449|Canukastan
When that kinda thing happens I usually initiate a Kick vote. Most of the time it doesn't work since there's always some that don't vote, but when the kid sees that only 1 or 2 more votes were needed for him to get the boot they usually behave after that. In my experience anyways.

Also, get to know the admins of the servers you play in regularly. You can't imagine how much knowing the admin comes in handy in situations like that.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

224th R0ck3tpack wrote:

if someone swears at you, shoot them.
he can't, they don't have guns across the pond. that's why so many play BF2, for the chance to (virtually) pull the trigger...
dlbenson1979
Mr. 20,000
+23|6485

RDMC(2) wrote:

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *gasp*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Why didnt you just say "Go Cry To Mommy"?

Last edited by Not Actually A Moderator (2006-09-21 14:25:19)

Slickfish
+24|6634

Dex Luther wrote:

Also, get to know the admins of the servers you play in regularly. You can't imagine how much knowing the admin comes in handy in situations like that.
It's even better when you are a admin, we give warnings if your seen punishing for accidental TK, granted we have to see it, but it is enough to make people think twice.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6490|Trondheim, Norway
your prob is NOTHING against my: some weeks ago i was playing on a 16 players server, map was dragon valley, we were USMC. start of the round i spawns on the place nearest the chopper (luckily, or maybe not...) holding in e, i get it first then it comes 2 first sgt's stupid enough to just run right ahead without holding e and running into my chopper, they get teamkilled (weird cus i wasn't moving the chopper) i expect of course 2 guys that have played the game for a little amount of time to be smart enough to not punish for something like that so i just sit there waiting for a gunner, and so i see in the left corner "You were punished for a teamkill" and under a second after a new one i just WTF? so i ask one of them why he punished, answer: cus u teamkilled me       WTF? are some ppl realy that stupid? omg! man i were angry after that i nearly started teamkilling him, but i calmed down and next round (on sharqi) he teamkills me with a claymore oh how i wanted to press page down, but after a second with thinking i drop it and choose up. hope he learned something...
Rogue_Delta
+6|6466

Cbass wrote:

There will be worse punishes then that. But welcome to the wonderful world of Bf2 players.
oooooooooooh, yes! if you think you had a great time there, wait to see the rest. ;-) :-D LOL
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6733

Cbass wrote:

Cbass advises you to pilot a fully boarded Blackhawk from the carrier on Wake Island....
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6855|Waikato, Aotearoa
Damn I'm glad that sort of shit doesnt happen on the servers I play on

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard