samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6573
Before you ask, I used Search.

Does anybody else get annoyed with the mp7 and its low amount of ammo. Sure having 40 bullets in a magazine is cool, but when you only have a few reloads it tends to get a bit annoying. This is the only gun that i tend to run out of ammo with every time I use it.

Am I using the Gun wrong..because I assumed I should use it on Full Auto to rip people apart. Its fast but it misses alot so it takes about 20-30 bullets to kill them..and thats only holding the trigger down for a few seconds.
Simon
basically
+838|6680|UK
MP7 is only really good at REALLY CLOSE RANGE
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6600|Florida
Sorry bud, I dont use the MP7.  Dont care much for it.  Its a pretty neat gun at close range, but I dont care for it.  Id rather use the pump shottie......makes me think back to days of Doom loool
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6641|Cork, Ireland

Simon wrote:

samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6573
Hmm. So I really should be using it like a shotgun? IE get up close and personal. Because Tbh I was hoping I would be able to play Engi but be able to Fire off some distance shots
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6716|Howell, Mi USA

Simon wrote:

close range and burst fire
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6573
im just wondering..does anybody know what kind of distance i could use the MP7 at. IE when using the iron sights and aiming for peoples heads single shot?
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6600|Florida
If it were me, Id use the pistol to do that before using the MP7
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6617|Iceland
the MP7 is shit, u can kill 3 ppl with it and then your left with a pistol
DaZeD863
+11|6573
maybe its cause as an engineer you are supposed to BE IN THE ARMOR or FIXING SHIT... kills me when people wanna balance AT and engineer vs infantry when infantry isnt their job
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6573
Well..ive been using it on infantry only servers recently and it seems to cope well enough. Its just the whole running out of ammo that gets me.

So your saying thatif im an engi that im ment o be in armour?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6485|cuntshitlake

mp7 headshot is VERY hard but single shots are pretty accurate (I like mp7 ironsights) so it's about 1-75m weapon..
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6731
I think your much better off runing around with the pistol out than to use the SMGs.  They need more acuracy or more damage.  If it is a short range personal defense it should beat the ausult rifles some of the time in close quarters like a shotgun can.
MrE`158
+103|6645
I play a good bit of engineer.  When I'm USMC or PLA, I'll use the stock shotgun, since the pump-actions are just awesome, but I don't like the MEC one, with its puny damage, so while MEC, I'll go with the MP7, which I really like (I don't think much of the Jackhammer, either, the recoil is ridiculous on that thing).

The MP7 has a longer effective range than the shotguns, but realistically, not by much.  As with the other Engineer weapons, it's reliant on close range and you getting the drop on your opponent, either by surprise or by sneaking up behind them.  I get best use out of the MP7 on full-auto, at close range.  Yes, it's got a small ammo count, but the 40-round magazine is enough to kill two targets.

Don't start shooting at someone if you're too far out.  Get used to judging the range at which you can control the spray to get your kill in 20 rounds, and don't fire at all from outside that range.  Charge the guy down, run towards him, get close and then open fire, not before.  In crowded, cramped quarters (say the Palace on Warlord), the MP7 shines.  You can run around a corner into the enemy and just hold down the trigger, unloading 40 rounds at 900rpm doesn't take long, and it'll kill the first two guys coming at you (at which point you'll probably need to run away, or hope a medic gets to you quickly...).  In less cramped terrain (say the streets of Mashtuur), you'll have to make clever use of cover and fight smart.  You can't win a stand up fight against someone with an assault rifle at anything beyond very close range, so don't try.  Run away, run around and get closer, then pop back out and mow them down.

If the target is at long enough range for you to consider switching to single-shot and plinking away at him, don't.  Take out your pistol instead.  The pistol does more damage per hit (20 vs. 19, not much but it could make all the difference), and is more accurate at long range. 

Having said that, yes, the MP7 has a low ammo count.  With a total of 120 bullets, you've got about enough firepower to kill 6 people, and realistically it'll be 4-5.  If you're likely to be in an extended firefight, you'll need to keep a Support guy nearby (which shouldn't be too hard, those guys are everywhere if there's an infantry battle going on), or you may be better off with the pump shotguns, which are brilliantly efficient in terms of kills per ammo (being 1 for 1). 

Alternatively, spend some quality engineering time in a vehicle:  I've never had ammo troubles in a tank
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6710|UK
I find the shotties are better. the other day playing 1.12 I went 36 and 7 with the usmc shotgun. its awesome
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6555|Cardiff
my only gripe with it is after having played fps's for 15 odd years i now have a tendancy to reload whenever ive got a chance.  its proving vvvv hard to break the habit as u can imagine... thus rendering 40 bullet mag's useless coz u only get two spare mag's.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6719|Germany
Engineers are not supposed to be fighting as infantry,that's why they get the MP7,a PDW.

Let's see what guns.ru says about the MP7:http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg49-e.htm guns.ru wrote:The HK MP-7 Personal Defence Weapon (PDW) is a member of a brand new class of small arms, called Personal Defence Weapons. The PDWs are intended, as name implies, to be a defensive sidearms for second-line troops, vehicle crews and other military personnel who normally not issued with assault rifles. Previously, these troops were issued with pistols or submachine guns, but proliferation of body armour in recent years made those guns ineffective.So,using the MP7 is just a last ditch when your tank broke down beyond repair and you need to cover your ass on the way to the next tank-spawnpoint.

I think the "way not enough ammo"-issue is bigger when using the G3.
Rosse_modest
+76|6798|Antwerp, Flanders

samhornby wrote:

Before you ask, I used Search.

Does anybody else get annoyed with the mp7 and its low amount of ammo. Sure having 40 bullets in a magazine is cool, but when you only have a few reloads it tends to get a bit annoying. This is the only gun that i tend to run out of ammo with every time I use it.

Am I using the Gun wrong..because I assumed I should use it on Full Auto to rip people apart. Its fast but it misses alot so it takes about 20-30 bullets to kill them..and thats only holding the trigger down for a few seconds.
A few seconds is actually a long time for holding down the trigger.

As posted above, it's only good at really close range, when you can see the color of the other guy's eyes.
Delphy
+45|6607|Bristol, UK
The MP7 is a big improvement over the shotguns. Can't count the number of times i've died when the guy was out of my shotgun range. Yeah the accuracy is pretty lame, but just do little bursts, works well enough for me at range, and it's good at CQC. I don't find the ammo to be an issue, if i've bailed from my tank then I will pick up a more useful kit if i'm running low.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6585|British Columbia, Canada
i'll take the Pump-shotty..

The MP7 is alright close range, but you cant beat the pump..

and the MP7 works no better then my pistol at long range.. so Pump FTW!
GR34
+215|6567|ALBERTA> CANADA
if some 1 is standin still i can snipe them with the mp7
dstock9
+13|6627

[THE] comben wrote:

my only gripe with it is after having played fps's for 15 odd years i now have a tendancy to reload whenever ive got a chance.  its proving vvvv hard to break the habit as u can imagine... thus rendering 40 bullet mag's useless coz u only get two spare mag's.
Start switching to pistol when you begin the reload animation. I used to do the same thing, and I'm fine now. It doesn't count it until you actually see all the bullets in the little meter again.

That said, I run around with the MP-7 on auto, and spray like mad when people get close. I usually get about 4-6 kills per mag. If you turn it on single shot, lay down, and aim all around the persons head, you should get the headshot. I've gotten decent at it, but don't expect to have anything on snipers past about 70 yards/meters.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6512|Gogledd Cymru

samhornby wrote:

Hmm. So I really should be using it like a shotgun? IE get up close and personal. Because Tbh I was hoping I would be able to play Engi but be able to Fire off some distance shots
think again
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6502|Sheffield-England
i love the mp7 but i agree with you its ammo isn't good enough.... but.... it has a fast reload time
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6701|In You Endo- Stoke
I think the MP7 is a great gun and can be used for ranged targets on single shot.

I dislike the shotguns for the engineer and before i got the unluck would use the pistol instead.

MP7 FTW !,it does have a low amount of ammo but you have greanades and ya pistol still so not all is lost.

Last edited by {uscm}Jyden (2006-09-15 13:36:39)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard