+44|6554|Plano,Texas
+1 for thanks
SGT.Slayero
+98|6502|Life in a vacuum sucks
i wish i knew
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6773|Houston, TX
Around 10 days before release. Wasn't specific. DICE just said it will follow the same pattern as BF2s release.
Russkie17
+4|6499|Houston, Texas
I want it. I like the beta but it's gonna end in a few days
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6518|Purdue

Russkie17 wrote:

I want it. I like the beta but it's gonna end in a few days
I know. I think they should just keep it running so we have something to do while they're putting the finishing touches on the game.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6579|Winterpeg, Canada

staticblue wrote:

Around 10 days before release. Wasn't specific. DICE just said it will follow the same pattern as BF2s release.
Hahaha, that's bullshit. The bf2 demo was released a month before the game's release, and it was FREE to EVERYONE.
Trak3r
+0|6490|Florida (USA)
honestly i think the demo isnt going to come out intell the game is released cause the release date is october17th and polishing a demo for 2142 would take too long, they need to be spending all there time fixing bugs

Last edited by Trak3r (2006-09-04 18:09:19)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6518|Purdue

Trak3r wrote:

honestly i think the demo isnt going to come out intell the game is released cause the release date is october17th and polishing a demo for 2142 would take too long, they need to be spending all there time fixing bugs
Yea but they'll most likely push it back, so you never know.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6773|Houston, TX

Jbrar wrote:

staticblue wrote:

Hahaha, that's bullshit. The bf2 demo was released a month before the game's release, and it was FREE to EVERYONE.
The demo for BF2 went out about 10 days before launch if I remember correctly, I am sure something similar will be the deal for 2142. We are also going to throw out an open beta in the beginning of August. The beta is predominately to learn about large scale issues, i.e. when we have 10 000's of people playing at the same time, eliminating some of the problems we have encountered after launch previously in the franchise. Keep your eyes open to join. -DICE

These where the words from DICE and, the demo is free to everyone.

Why do you think the demo isn't free?

Trak3r wrote:

Nah, The demo will be ready first. If the demo wasn't ready then the game wouldn't be either. There is no real "polish" to put on a demo. More like removing and plugging holes. The demo is just one online map (my guess is the map in beta) and the program to run it. Compared to the game which is the same, only with all the maps and, the AI for singleplayer (if it isn't in the demo, never DLed the BF2 demo).

It takes on average two weeks for a game to go gold (print manuals, box art, burn DVD/CDs etc.). I am betting that EA can get it done quicker than average due to their resources. Regardless, they will have plenty of time to prep and distribute the demo before the games release.

Last edited by staticblue (2006-09-05 06:14:06)

Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6585|USA bitches!
Probably talking about people having to pay with fileplanet to download the beta. Fucking bullshit if you ask me. And something I'd never do, fileplanet is trash.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6579|Doncaster UK

staticblue wrote:

The demo for BF2 went out about 10 days before launch if I remember correctly, I am sure something similar will be the deal for 2142. We are also going to throw out an open beta in the beginning of August. The beta is predominately to learn about large scale issues, i.e. when we have 10 000's of people playing at the same time, eliminating some of the problems we have encountered after launch previously in the franchise. Keep your eyes open to join. -DICE

These where the words from DICE and, the demo is free to everyone. I think I will take the words of DICE reps over yours.
yeah nice to see the open beta which you have to subscribe to fileplanet for and pay!! closed beta me thinks!!!!

but apart from that lie i would say 10 days is about right

EDIT Jenkinsbball got there b4 me!

Last edited by mavrick 3399 (2006-09-05 06:06:17)

staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6773|Houston, TX
I guess he doesn't know what he is talking about then.

There is/was an open beta. 12,000 keys where released to non-fp members.

As for fileplanet it's not trash. You get a free game for joining. I got a game that cost more in the store than my membership to fileplanet when I joined in January making my membership basically free. Plus, access to other exclusive beta (I'm a beta junkie) and, I can download and file, be it game, patch, or video, at 600+kps. Any other free site I try only uploads to me at 100+kps. (I DLed ES:4 Oblivion 4.17g in less than 2 hours last night)

I said it in another post a second ago. If five dollars is enough to bitch about. That person should probably be spending their money on other things besides video games, internet access, and PCs.

One reason they choose to use fileplanet is to keep the majority of the community to be clan members (invites) and adults (fp members). Assuming that most teens don't have a credit card. Then the server wouldn't be flooded with a bunch of deliquents that aren't going to contribute and, are only there to play the game. Stop and think why the beta being exclusive to FP members bothers so many people. Ya think they are mad because they can't test or, because they can't play? I think more want to play than work in my opinion.

Last edited by staticblue (2006-09-05 06:41:31)

swedge
+23|6496|haggis hill

Trak3r wrote:

ive pre-ordered my bf2142 and says ill receive it on 12-13th october

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard