Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

I always knew support divisions used standard answers. But now it seems they have been replaced by robots!
Or they just ignore you and give you a random answer using their random-answer-generator (EA patent pending.

Situation, well I also decided to register my name for BF2142. But somehow the veterancy site would not accept my EA ID and password. After trying 20 times in a row (10 minutes of keyboard bashing, ow wait.. auto-form filling !) I decided to poke my issue onto the support desk of EA.com. BIG mistake.

Customer     09/01/2006 08:00 AM
http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie … px?lang=us

Dear sir/madam,

I seem to be having problems registering my BF2 Veteran name for BF2142.
My EA ID are correct as you see (I am logged in at the moment), but the page keeps returning a password error, while I use the correct password.

Response (MST-David)     09/02/2006 10:31 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting In Game Support.

If you are not able to reserve a nickname or are getting errors such as 'The screen name you have entered already exists in our database' and/or 'Please correct the error and try again', there are a number of steps you can take to improve your chances of reserving a nickname.

Make sure your nickname does not exceed 14 characters as this is the limit for the length of nicknames in Battlefield 2142.  Do not include your clan tag in your reserved name (you can add this to your nickname once you are in the game) as this may push your nickname over the character limit.

If the web site is receiving high traffic, you may want to try again at a later time to ensure your request goes through.
If you have tried your nickname at different times without success, your nickname may have already been reserved by another character.  You can reserve a different nickname and you will still receive your Veteran Status even if you nickname does not match your Battlefield 2 nickname.

Unfortunately, Support staff can not modify or remove Battlefield 2142 soldier names, so please make sure that the name you reserve is the name you wish to use.

Please, let us know if you have any more questions or troubles.

Answers to most questions may be found at http://support.ea.com/.

Sincerly,
EARep Wilson
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

Customer     09/03/2006 02:49 PM
Mr. David?

Did you read my problem? I have no issues with my nickname, I seem to be having an issue with my EA ID. It keeps returning me with the red arrow next to the EA ID username and says it does not exist.

Which is kind of impossible since I am using this ID to post this.
Response (Stanley)     09/03/2006 05:56 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting In Game Support.

Unfortunately, Electronic Arts game support does not support the Battlefield 2142 Tuning Beta (or future beta builds) until the game is released to retailers in its full version.

If you need assistance, such as a new CD Key, or help with your current CD key please try the Official Battlefield 2142 Message Forums. These forums are designed to assist Beta testers in helping each other as well as receiving help from the community staff who moderating them.

Access to these forums is password protected. This password was issued with your Tuning Beta registration email. If you have lost this email or no longer have access to the password to the forums then you will not be able to access them. Customer Support can not release this password to players due to the strict NDA policy.

Battlefield 2142 Beta Forums:
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattle … f2142beta/

Sincerely,

EARep Stanley
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

Customer     09/04/2006 12:14 AM

Honestly? Do you people actually READ my support issue?

1. I have tried REGISTERING my Battlefield 2 Nickname through the Battlefield 2142 Veteran Program.
2. I submitted my EA ID, EA PASSWORD, BF2 NICKNAME, BF2 PASSWORD and prefered NICKNAME for BF2141.
3. I pressed submit and it RETURNS an ERROR regarding my EA ID Password and Account. They 'Do not exist' which is funny, because I am using it to talk to you guys.

So to sum it up.

1.Went to the BF2142 Vet. Reg. Site
2.Tried to register my current BF2 Nickname ; Bernadictus
3.The site returned an error regarding my EA ID.

But I fixed it myself already. Thanks for nothing!
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6547
I'm not surprised. Lots of companies have impersonal, garbage pre-written responses that have nothing to do with or even defy what you have written to them. Why would EA be any different. They aren't exactly the leader in customer satisfaction.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6628|Los Angeles, California, US.
<3 Ea .
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada
I hate it when they give you that pre-written crap...

It doesn't answer any of your questions and just makes more work for them when they could actually be answer your question..
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6628|UK
Customer: Hi, i have a problem with my BF2, it keeps crashing

EA Support: Hello there, make sure you check out our new booster pack!
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6528|Singapore

liquidat0r wrote:

lmfao +1
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6449

liquidat0r wrote:

loool nice one
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6628|UK

jkohlc wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

lmfao +1
why thankyou
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

I am telling you, if EA was selling some other product than games, their "customer support", or rather lack thereof, would have killed them a long time ago, because no one would ever bother buying their crap.

It seems gamers are lot more patient than we thought after all.

Well, if they can't fix the CTD/server crash bug, I am not buying 2142 anyway.
Jaguar
+2|6574
So, how did you fix it?  I just tried to register in the BF2 veterans program.  I got two different errors.
First, i got the UserID error, then it kept telling me that the BF2 soldier name is already in use by another player.....No $#!@ sherlock, i'm the muthafucka that uses that soldier name, the fact i want to reserve it for BF2142...... 
i was at this url:  http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/b … px?lang=us

Odd part of it is,  the fields to fill out are:
1)  EA Member Name
2) EA Password
**Create new BF2 Account**  <----Why is that there?? I don't need a new account, but when i leave blank => error
3) BF2 Soldier Name
4) BF2 password
5) BF2142 Name

Is there another place to do this???  How do i get it to work?
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6584|England
Lol Ea just get better and better, +1 for your troubles.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6696|The Ville
I should send a message cussing them out and see what they do lol. I wonder what type of response I would get ?
maybe...

hi you have been banned from ea and  all ea games for using excessive language and misspelling cunt

Last edited by Obiwan (2006-09-06 09:07:53)

Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6777|Kansas, USA

Jaguar wrote:

So, how did you fix it?  I just tried to register in the BF2 veterans program.  I got two different errors.
First, i got the UserID error, then it kept telling me that the BF2 soldier name is already in use by another player.....No $#!@ sherlock, i'm the muthafucka that uses that soldier name, the fact i want to reserve it for BF2142...... 

1)  EA Member Name
2) EA Password
**Create new BF2 Account**  <----Why is that there?? I don't need a new account, but when i leave blank => error
3) BF2 Soldier Name
4) BF2 password
5) BF2142 Name

First off, the link between step 2 and step 3 says "Create new EA Member account". It's there in case you don't have the account for items 1 and 2.

I had similar issues as well. I *think* the problem may be that the name you are trying to register is not acceptable for 2142. You can't use a lot of the special characters that you can in BF2. Try a variant of your name without anything except alpha numeric characters. I think I got mine to go through, but it had an underscore in it - and you can't enter an underscore into the name field within 2142. Doh!

Last edited by Psycho (2006-09-06 09:24:13)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)
Yeah, I had similar problems registering an account and soldier name for the 2142beta (don't want to use my veteran reserved name at this point) - it was coming back with all sorts of incorrect errors that were actaully due to the account or soldier name being too long/having symbols/dissallowed text (no swear words allowed (though 'bloody' is ok (and I so wanted to call myself Scunthorpe)))...
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6543|Winterpeg, Canada
Ya...my friend tried to register, and it said that his account had been "banned" because of suspected exploitation in Bf2. LIKE WTF, what stat in this account makes you think he exploited? http://bf2s.com/player/47855782/
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

+1 for dealing with irriation ... maybe if you get enough you can send ea a karma bomb
Jaguar
+2|6574

Psycho wrote:

Jaguar wrote:

1)  EA Member Name
2) EA Password
3) BF2 Soldier Name
4) BF2 password
5) BF2142 Name

First off, the link between step 2 and step 3 says "Create new EA Member account". It's there in case you don't have the account for items 1 and 2.

I had similar issues as well. I *think* the problem may be that the name you are trying to register is not acceptable for 2142. You can't use a lot of the special characters that you can in BF2. Try a variant of your name without anything except alpha numeric characters. I think I got mine to go through, but it had an underscore in it - and you can't enter an underscore into the name field within 2142. Doh!
I have tried filling out all five fields, and i have tried leaving 3&4 blank.  Both produce errors of some type. 
I have also attempted tweaking my BF2142 name, which has No special characters, just letters, no spaces either.  It keeps telling me that my BF2 name is already used by another player.........arrrgggghhhh

Last edited by Jaguar (2006-09-06 10:21:05)

CITYHUNT3R
+15|6469|Winnipeg
Yeah, everyone I've talked to has had problems with this Veteran program thing. If EA was a smaller company, everything would be 10 times better.
Jaguar
+2|6574
Nevermind, i got it to register me finally.  Turns out, some asshole had already stolen my nick. 
FYI:  if the veterans program says that you 'BF2 name is already in use by another player' it means that the name you entered into BF2142 is taken already.  Nice how EA can't even write an error message correctly....stupid fucks.  Should have said "the BF2142 name you requested is already in use" or something.  Brain dead fucktards.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

The fix is not sure. I changed my password to my EA ID account, changed my email and then tried again, that DID work. But im not sure that that is a propper fix.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
I'm having the same problem, asks me for clan tag.
It says someone has used this name already, I know its me that has reserved the name if I try & create a new account it says it has been used already.
Glad my friend bought the game for me or I'd be livid, as of right now I don't care lol , I still have bf2! weeeeeeeeeeeeee!
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794

CITYHUNT3R wrote:

Yeah, everyone I've talked to has had problems with this Veteran program thing. If EA was a smaller company, everything would be 10 times better.
You mean like if it was the size of DICE?
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY
I use to do email support for a Fortune 500 company, and emails can get backed up.  We saw as many as a few thousand a day, and if we did around 60 in 8 hours we were busy.  In order to reduce the amount of time that we took to answer emails, the program had built in responses.  Most of the time, we did not use them, but they were there for common issues.  I can see where this benefits the user, and the person doing the support, since you can give the customer some information that may fix their issue, and assist all the customers quicker.  This was only used if we read the email and found that the canned response was the one that best fixed the issue.

I know that some support companies now use software to search for keywords, and apply a canned response for those key words.  I wonder you would get a different response if you edited your last email to say:

edited email wrote:

Honestly? Do you people actually READ my support issue?

1. I have tried REGISTERING my Battlefield 2 Nickname through the Battlefield 2142 Veteran Program.
2. I submitted my ID, PASSWORD, BF2 NICKNAME, BF2 PASSWORD and preferred NICKNAME for BF2141.
3. I pressed submit and it RETURNS an ERROR regarding my ID Password and Account. They 'Do not exist' which is funny, because I am using it to talk to you guys.

So to sum it up.

1.Went to the BF2142 Vet. Reg. Site
2.Tried to register my current BF2 Nickname ; Bernadictus
3.The site returned an error regarding my ID.

But I fixed it myself already. Thanks for nothing!
There are some keywords that the software can pick up on, but they are to generic to give a canned response.  You noticed that I removed all EA ID, and EA Password to  ID and Password.  This is because there is more then on type of ID that EA uses in it's software. 

BTW:  I do not support the use of canned/automated responses when it does not assist the customer.  That and outsourcing.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
I managed to get mine to work without getting my vet reward with an altered name.
Game seemed fun to me the first time {besides demo} had a different feel.
It will be a fine back up shooter between the EA super patches & Dice bugs.
I'm TrollMe4T in 42'.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK
When I was trying to get the veteran program working when it first started up it kept coming back saying that the name I wanted was already taken (despite it being one registered to me in BF2). I tried three names before it finally accepted my vet nick for 2142 and I was eventually happy that I got at least one name registered.

Fast forward to Friday when I could eventually install the game. I log in using my EA account that I registered the vet program on and all three names that I had tried to register are sitting in my list of soldiers, each one a veteran account. What's all that about?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard