Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6791|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

i dont think you know how the economy works.
i don't think you know anything at all. now what?
why doesnt russia just make a money printing machine? you guys dont have any ink?
because all of that money will have to be absorbed by the local economy resulting in huge inflation. teh free and the brave don't have that problem because whatever they print is accepted worldwide.
see the difference? of course you don't. well, whatever.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732
but why do people take monies from free and brave and not from motherland. why doesnt free and brave have that problem.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6791|Moscow, Russia

Shahter wrote:

usa's actual credit rating is zero. they are basically bankrupt, have been for a while now. the only thing that keeps them going is their ability to either outright buy (using the papers printed by the feds) or physically destroy anybody who tries to break away from the financial pyramid they run.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

why doesnt russia just make a money printing machine? you guys dont have any ink?
because all of that money will have to be absorbed by the local economy resulting in huge inflation. teh free and the brave don't have that problem because whatever they print is accepted worldwide.
see the difference? of course you don't. well, whatever.
looks like we are #WINNING
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6791|Moscow, Russia

Shahter wrote:

Shahter wrote:

usa's actual credit rating is zero. they are basically bankrupt, have been for a while now. the only thing that keeps them going is their ability to either outright buy (using the papers printed by the feds) or physically destroy anybody who tries to break away from the financial pyramid they run.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3976|SL,UT

so, are you saying we are living off of the past glory and empire without contributing anything we once had?

wow

sounds like uzique . . .
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6791|Moscow, Russia

Steve-0 wrote:

so, are you saying we are living off of the past glory and empire without contributing anything we once had?
not all of you, of course, but, a lot of you, yes, particularly romney's and the likes.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6697|Disaster Free Zone

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

i dont think you know how the economy works.
Because US debt is in $US, so printing money may devalue the currency but it also devalues the debt. Most other countries debt is also in $US, so printing their currency will devalue their currency but the debt will remain the same (or more in terms of their national currency).

Last edited by DrunkFace (2013-07-19 09:44:46)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

We should have invested in houses when we were young.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4270

Steve-0 wrote:

wow

sounds like uzique . . .
where did i say that? i said america is a crumbling empire. i never said anything about living off past glory. your nation every year gets stupider, poorer educated, more unequal, increasingly diversified and unsure of its self. i never said you're living off past glories. you've just become weak and flabby. most of your population are inured to forms of media and communications control that gives them either a naively-simple view of the world or a dangerously ideological one. there was a time when america stood for the individual spirit and self-realization, through education and entrepreneurship. now it stands for being a bovine consumer, keeping up with the jones's, and worrying about the terrible Other (especially if he wears a towel on his head!). america is done. your greatest contributions to the 20th century were in giving a mercantile system developed in the 16th century a shot of steroids, and in the development of the modern corporation (which, thanks). you dared to dream and sent man to the moon, using rocket technology and science liberally borrowed from the nazis, of course. you were once inspirational. but you sat on your atom bombs and colour tv's for too long. america no longer inspires anyone. it only inspires a universal sigh. the world no longer looks at you as a place to experience freedom and the individual spirit: only bland conformity to the world's most toxic pop mono-culture, over-consumption, and burning up the world without a damn for the future.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-19 10:29:46)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

The U.K. has a smaller economy than Brazil now. Talk about on a downward trend.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4270
the uk has been shrinking for a long time, sure. we used to have an empire that ruled the world. how do you go anywhere from there but down? i am not upset about the uk's status. the uk doesn't have the pretensions or grandiloquent statements that the US does. no UK citizen prides themselves on britishness like a flag-waving yank will talk will open-eyes about how great his country is. no UK citizen would say with a straight face how we're "the greatest nation on earth" (even when we empirically/imperially were). that's not in our nature. we're self-dissimulating, ironic, self-aware. americans are self-aggrandizing and literally believe their shit doesn't stink. either that or they watch entertainment-cum-news channels that constantly feed into their brains that the rest of the world is so so terrible.

and it's no shame to be lower than brazil on an economic measure, anyway. brazil, india, china, korea, all these places are soon even going to give the US food for thought. they are up and coming. i have no problem with that. it causes no great insecurity in me. europe has been the focal point of human advancement for about 500 years now. these things come in big cycles. i welcome the developing world's chance to get a piece of the pie we have all been enjoying. i congratulate them as brethren in the great human endeavor. at least they aren't toxically self-congratulatory and deluded like americans.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4211|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

The U.K. has a smaller economy than Brazil now. Talk about on a downward trend.
Hopefully that whole goddamn island will sink soon and take everyone with it.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4270
i have never had any sense of patriotism and i feel like nationalities, like borders, are fairly arbitrary. i am not the type of person to get into an argument with a scot or welshman, nor do i feel insulted by americans talking about the UK. i made my above remarks precisely because i know that most americans do have a root-level attachment to such illusions, though, and so will get upset by it (read above).
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732

DrunkFace wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Because US debt is in $US, so printing money may devalue the currency but it also devalues the debt. Most other countries debt is also in $US, so printing their currency will devalue their currency but the debt will remain the same (or more in terms of their national currency).
they could hold other debt and not american debt. theres a reason why countries enjoy holding US debt (hint because they always pay it back).
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6701|United States of America

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i have never had any sense of patriotism and i feel like nationalities, like borders, are fairly arbitrary. i am not the type of person to get into an argument with a scot or welshman, nor do i feel insulted by americans talking about the UK. i made my above remarks precisely because i know that most americans do have a root-level attachment to such illusions, though, and so will get upset by it (read above).
You do need to understand what you have described is not solely an American phenomenon, though. A fair amount of the English speaking world is circling the cultural drain, and the sheer stupidity of the average person is frightening.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732

DesertFox- wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

You do need to understand what you have described is not solely an American phenomenon, though. A fair amount of the English speaking world is circling the cultural drain, and the sheer stupidity of the average person is frightening.
you know society has gone down to the drain when honey boo boo is on a learning channel.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5374|London, England
You're all acting like there was some rosier time in the past when things were better or different, or that people were smarter. They weren't. The only difference is that poor people have a megaphone instead of being constrained to their shitty tenements where they could be safely ignored and their 'bawdy culture' wasn't spread to the pompous jackass class. You all love democracy right? These are your peers. Everyones equal now (kind of).
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732

Jay wrote:

The only difference is that poor people have a megaphone i.
lol
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6791|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

they could hold other debt and not american debt.
no, they couldn't. anybody who tries is named "tyrant" and bombed into democracy and freedom.

theres a reason why countries enjoy holding US debt (hint because they always pay it back).
by borrowing more to pay back what's due at the moment. it's called ponzy scheme.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

they could hold other debt and not american debt.
no, they couldn't. anybody who tries is named "tyrant" and bombed into democracy and freedom.

theres a reason why countries enjoy holding US debt (hint because they always pay it back).
by borrowing more to pay back what's due at the moment. it's called ponzy scheme.
lol more slavic psychobabble. looks like somebody really doesn't understand how global finance and forex works.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6791|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

lol more slavic psychobabble. looks like somebody really doesn't understand how global finance and forex works.
lol, more idiocy from an uneducated cretin who can't put two and two together.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

you realize around 85% of US debt is held by Americans right? so much for invading other people if they dont buy US debt lol.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6791|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

you realize around 85% of US debt is held by Americans right? so much for invading other people if they dont buy US debt lol.

Shahter wrote:

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

The SEC on Friday filed civil charges against Steven A. Cohen, the founder of hedge fund SAC Capital Advisors, accusing the billionaire of failing to prevent insider trading.

The charges are part of an ongoing investigation into SAC Capital Advisors, which the government has called one of the biggest insider-trading cases in history. As we reported in March,SAC affiliates agreed to pay $614 million in penalties (although Reuters now puts the figure at $616 million).

The SEC is seeking unspecified fines against the 57-year-old Cohen and wants to bar him from being able to oversee investor funds.

An SAC spokesman says the latest allegations have "no merit" and that Cohen "will fight this charge vigorously."

"Steve Cohen acted appropriately at all times," spokesman Jonathan Gasthalter said in a statement.

Portfolio managers Mathew Martoma and Michael Steinberg have each pleaded not guilty to criminal insider-trading charges. They face trials in November, The Associated Press reports.
Good.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard