M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

Only problem I've encountered so far with CTF is that few people seem to know what they're supposed to be doing. I managed to get into the enemy base on foot, get the flag, and hightail it back just as an LAV arrived. Champion. So I jumped in and he takes me back to base. Unfortunately, the enemy team was camping there, so I got nailed as soon as I got out. Enemy flag sat on the ground, in our base, amid all my guys, for about two minutes. Then one picked it up, got back in the LAV and drove (probably without realising) back to the enemy base.

Still, it comes across as a more tactical mode. Sometimes. Though the dirtbikes have a tendency to detonate mines that are about 5m away.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6661|Tampa Bay Florida
In the 6 or so hours I played yesterday I saw some absolutely insane battles over downed flags.  so fun.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

I'm enjoying Air Superiority as well, until you get that one player who manages to put missiles through your flares. Every. Single. Time.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

M.O.A.B wrote:

Though the dirtbikes have a tendency to detonate mines that are about 5m away.
I got to be a victim of this yesterday. Very annoying.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6537|England

M.O.A.B wrote:

I'm enjoying Air Superiority as well, until you get that one player who manages to put missiles through your flares. Every. Single. Time.
I've already got the winner medal on this mode and 15 service stars But yeah, the missiles are so annoying. I don't tend to get that problem with flares but the ECM, now that POS does do it. Every. Single. Time.
Also, is it me, or does the ceiling seem stupidly low in the maps?

Missiles kind of ruin the mode when you have unlimited ammo. Lock on, flare, Lock on and get kill. Find next enemy. Repeat. Find next enemy. Repeat. I hate people who consistently use them, so frustrating.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

Snake wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

I've already got the winner medal on this mode and 15 service stars But yeah, the missiles are so annoying. I don't tend to get that problem with flares but the ECM, now that POS does do it. Every. Single. Time.
Also, is it me, or does the ceiling seem stupidly low in the maps?

Missiles kind of ruin the mode when you have unlimited ammo. Lock on, flare, Lock on and get kill. Find next enemy. Repeat. Find next enemy. Repeat. I hate people who consistently use them, so frustrating.
Worst part is that you hear the missile incoming tone and flare. Lock doesn't break and they have two missiles on you again before you can next flare. Other way around you lock, they flare, you wait, you fire, you miss, you lock, you fire, they flare, you miss, blown up instantly by a guy with triple your ping.

I'd like flares more if you had a set amount and could pop them individually, instead of lossing off one salvo that works for half a second, if at all, then takes an age to reload.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6241
ECM doesn't stop missiles in flight, they just go mental and fly around you for a while until they hit.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

ECM doesn't stop missiles in flight, they just go mental and fly around you for a while until they hit.
It depends. I've experienced ECM failing to work even if activated long before a missile launch. They either go straight through or the enemy pilot locks back on within three seconds. Then I've fired missiles at someone, who then ECMs, only to have the missiles go shooting off and explode in mid-air. You try to lock back on, but then they have ECM again in what feels like half the actual time required to rearm it.

Air combat feels incredibly unbalanced at times. Missiles and countermeasures do all sorts of weird things,, from blowing you apart in one hit to somehow following you through hills that should have been in their path, enemy planes blow you apart with a micro burst regardless of their ping, stealth doesn't seem to increase enemy lock ons, and beam scanning rarely decreases the time. On top of that, you have to nail enemy aircraft, even if they're on fire, with a ridiculous amount of cannon shots to finish them off. Then you've got the low altitude tactic, which prevents a lock on. I've watched enemy jets fly maybe thirty feet off the deck and avoided lock on. I've had to get down to about ten, even lower, to do the same thing.

Frustrating as hell sometimes.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6537|England

I'm glad its not just me MOAB. Yeah, the ECM doesn't stop the missiles but the effect on them is totally random but EVERY TIME, one of them will still come back and hit you. Flares at least stop both missiles most of the time.

Can missiles actually be evaded by taking evasive action in BF3?
Other than lucking out and getting them to hit the terrain or the airships in AS, I can't ever seem to lose them. It was fairly easy to do in BF2, particularly with the old "F11/F12" looking backwards views. Speaking of which, that seriously needs to be brought back.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA
You used to be able to just turn real sharp right before the missile hits and it would zip by you. Not sure about now.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

UnkleRukus wrote:

You used to be able to just turn real sharp right before the missile hits and it would zip by you. Not sure about now.
Sometimes that works (managed it against a Javelin once, somehow), but most times it doesn't. Had jets fly past me and fire missiles that did complete 180s.
thepilot91
+64|6207|Ă…land!

UnkleRukus wrote:

I'm not vcompletely sure but I know that there was a patch where the patch notes said " removing the abilety for jets to dodge missiles by doing a certain manouver , making MORE SKILLED pilots have an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE" (yes it did said skills=bad)

that and no gunner flares in the chopper made bf3 TOTALLY unplayable...

EA wrote:

AA Missiles are more difficult to dodge in Jets, this was unintended behavior that created an imbalance against skilled pilots.
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/ga … come-soon/
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6630|BC, Canada
I do like that they tried to make teamwork a bit better by giving points to people that assisted the flag bearer, or by returning the flag. It's still a cluster fuck though.

thepilot91 wrote:

that and no gunner flares in the chopper made bf3 TOTALLY unplayable...
meh, a good pilot can still do quite well, it's just no longer the easy breezy rape machine it was.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2013-03-26 08:29:16)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
I have played like half a round of this shit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard