Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6820|Portland, OR, USA

I'm officially done playing 2142 until it hits the shelves. I've done my job and reported some bugs and I don't want to waste my time playing as my stats will just be reset. Instead I'll be playing POE2 which I actually find to be more fun.

Is anyone else who has the beta already tired of it? I mean I know it's just one map and the retail will be more fun, but still. I am happy though that I pre-ordered it as the retail will rock.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Markimus
Administrator
+65|6651|Canada
After a few games I called it quits. Then again I tend to do that with a lot of games (like BF2 a few months ago).
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6552|Long Island, New York
Yep. I'm tired of it. I only get 2-8 points a game IF that, and I'll usually go into the negitives. It's impossible to get unlocks for me. Was much, MUCH easier in BF2. And I only played that for 50 hours so far.

I'll wait until the final version goes through and I get my free 2 unlocks.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6762|The United Center

Viper007Bond wrote:

I'm officially done playing 2142 until it hits the shelves. I've done my job and reported some bugs and I don't want to waste my time playing as my stats will just be reset. Instead I'll be playing POE2 which I actually find to be more fun.

Is anyone else who has the beta already tired of it? I mean I know it's just one map and the retail will be more fun, but still. I am happy though that I pre-ordered it as the retail will rock.
Yep.  I actually haven't played in over a week.  Lately I've been getting back into some games I played before I played BF2...Madden, NHL06, FIFA06, AOE3...stuff like that.  ...And I've been working.

Although I think I'm going to get back into playing 2142...I'm on a scrim team and I don't want to be all rusty...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6735|California

i am without my regular computer, which is gay. So technically i have stopped playing it, and picked up Command and Conquer: Generals again.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6605|Reisterstown, MD

I haven't played it in almost a week.  I did the same thing with the bf2 demo because of playing Gulf of Oman became really tedious.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6750|Houston, TX
I made my bug list and grinded for about 4 days. I'm waiting for the update.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6693|Middle of nowhere

stryyker wrote:

i am without my regular computer, which is gay. So technically i have stopped playing it, and picked up Command and Conquer: Generals again.
OMG!!

best RTS ever!!
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6820|Portland, OR, USA

Poseidon wrote:

Yep. I'm tired of it. I only get 2-8 points a game IF that, and I'll usually go into the negitives. It's impossible to get unlocks for me. Was much, MUCH easier in BF2. And I only played that for 50 hours so far.
I don't think it's any harder than BF2 personally. I have over 2000 points in 2142 and like 10 unlocks. Sure, I only got like 30 points a round on average due to kills and such, but the all the badges and pins you get each round really add up quickly to get you tons of points.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6693|Middle of nowhere

Viper007Bond wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I don't think it's any harder than BF2 personally. I have over 2000 points in 2142 and like 10 unlocks. Sure, I only got like 30 points a round on average due to kills and such, but the all the badges and pins you get each round really add up quickly to get you tons of points.
isn't 30 pts a round pretty good for a beginner? i mean, that's like a 2 SPM right? or are the round longer than normal BF2?
**|=5h@wN=|**
+42|6473|USA

stryyker wrote:

You can say that again....i always find my self comming back to that game.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6689|Canada Eh?
If you guys are so tired of it then gimme gimme gimme! lol

I actually don't care that much, I can wait t'ill the retail version is out since PoE2 is now keeping me busy
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6768
Viper007Bond wrote:
Meh, I'm done with BF2142
Hey, me too.  Is there any way I can exclude it from the forums topics I wish to read?  I'd like to continue clicking "new posts", but filter out some things, like BF2142.  Thanks.

I will delete this post if you send me a PM about how to filter, I don't want to derail the thread...thanks.
Wojo97civic
+5|6466
bf2142 just gave me a headache with all the lag, bugs, and trying to figure out the apc and how to get on the titan
diglow~Flow
+32|6641|British Columbia, Canada
lol not me im Gunner gold right now and still going.. i unlocked Claymore, demopack, and the Camo
JAMER
+3|6687
I personally thought it was very generic.  I hated the white blurr that occupied most of the top of the screen.  It is a little too sci-fi for my tastes.

If anyone wants my key then shoot me a message and i'll email it to you.

(Update - Sorry guys, I have given the key out now.)

Last edited by JAMER (2006-08-30 19:12:55)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6789|Noizyland

Bloody Hell. I tried for ages to get a good server - one without crashing, or kicking for no reason or crashing to desktop. Thought I finally found one a few minutes ago. Was having an awesome game, killing lots of guys, won an award, going for one of either the gold, silver or bronze medals, jus boarded the enemy Titan:

Crash to desktop. Unexplained. No reason for it.

2142 should be better then this. I realise it's a Beta, but this far long in development? C'mon people!
Strangely enough it's the same bugs as Bf2, except as it's a beta, 100x worse, (as wel as introducing some new ones.) It has serious potential, but they're just going to give themselves a deadline, and if the bugs arn't fixed it's still going to be released.

And for FUCKS SAKE! Get a damn server down here in my corner of the world! The fucking Netherlands has one, but the closest server to me is in the fucking US!

Urghh... hoping the new Beta will also bring along an Aus server, (at least,) and fix a shit-load of bugs. Some optimisation would be nice too.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
diglow~Flow
lol ill take your key
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6642|The Netherlands
NO i want it i ahve more karma so give it to me(more karma then digflow~flow=p)
diglow~Flow

Tyferra wrote:

Bloody Hell. I tried for ags to get a good server - one without crashing, or kicking for no reason or crashing to desktop. T5hought I finally found one a few minutes ago. Was having an awesome game, killing lots of guys, won an award, going for one of either the gold silver or bronze medals, jus boarded the enemy Titan:

Crash to desktop. Unsexplained. No reason for it.

2142 should be better then this. I realise it's a Beta, but this far long in development? C'mon people!
Strangely enough it's the some bugs as Bf2, except as it's a beta, 100x worse. It has serious potential, but they're just going to give themselves a deadline, and if the bugs arn't fixed it's still going to be released.

And for FUCKS SAKE! Get a damn server down here in my corner of the world! The fucking Netherlands has one, but the closest server to me is in the fucking US!

Urghh,,,, hoping the new Beta will also bring along an Aus server, (at least,) and fix a shit-load of bugs. Some optimisation would be nice too.
lol the only server that crashed on me was a WolfUS server... and it said
Please change your Game to the official version
^^^^ lol then i just play on Gamespy servers..

Last edited by diglow~Flow (2006-08-30 19:00:40)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6789|Noizyland

A Bf2142 key is like a Condom, you can't use it twice.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Firestarter
+12|6629
It is quite tedious playing that map over and over but since I already have 7 unlocks ad got it last thursday I've found it to be really easy to rank up....at least in the beginning having reported many bugs and yelled at the other assholes who think the beta is real...im like "OMFG YOU FKING IDIOT ITS A BETA ITS SUPPOSED TO SUCK!...beside, it's EA if you expect more you must have a mental issue" I won't stop just because I enjoy relieving my stress on noobs like them ^_^
diglow~Flow
well so far i havent really ran into any bugs thank god lol
CaptainKris
+54|6491|Safety Harbor, Florida

Viper007Bond wrote:

Gasp!!! Heresy!!! May God smite you down with all of His almighty power. May you burn in hell for your anti-2142 beta testing words. Burn heretic!!! BURN!!!

Captain "Now you have a nice day Viper" Kris
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6760

genius_man16 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

OMG!!

best RTS ever!!
Um actually Age of Empires: Age of Kings and the expansion The Conquerors was the best evaaar. It still is, and I doubt anyone with any experience will disagree...too bad they killed the zone. This game had more longevity than CS

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard