Poll

Do you think the west will ever be attacked again?

Yes72%72% - 140
No7%7% - 14
Go fuck yourself20%20% - 39
Total: 193
CameronPoe
+2,925|6577
I've heard a lot of neo-cons going on about how 'we're fighting the terrorists over there rather than over here?', etc., etc. As such, they must assume terror attacks are unlikely ever to occur in the west again. Is that the case? They don't extend their logic over the fact that the 9/11 bombers were resident in the US for quite a while before the 9/11 attack and blended in relatively seamlessly and it would still be unbelievably easy for similar folk to sneak across the porous Mexican or Canadian borders to launch further attacks. The drive to commit such acts will also have increased as evidenced by the fully british muslims (born and bred) who have chosen to attack their own country out of sheer anger.
The usual three poll options have been made available.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-27 18:04:54)

Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6497|Foothills of S. Carolina

I think that somewhere down the line, we will be attacked again. Maybe not on the scale that 9/11 was, but attacked just the same. just my two cents.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6559|Long Island, New York
Go fuck yourself. Kidding.

I'm sure they will. There's too many holes in the security and they'll eventually find ways to commit another large scale act of terrorism. I'm always in fear of a chem attack being a LIer and so close to NYC with relatives there. If anything, that's next.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

I've heard a lot of neo-cons going on about how 'we're fighting the terrorists over there rather than over here?', etc., etc. As such, they must assume terror attacks are unlikely ever to occur in the west again. Is that the case? They don't extend their logic over the fact that the 9/11 bombers were resident in the US for quite a while before the 9/11 attack and blended in relatively seamlessly and it would still be unbelievably easy for similar folk to sneak across the porous Mexican or Canadian borders to launch further attacks. The drive to commit such acts will also have increased as evidenced by the fully british muslims (born and bred) who have chosen to attack their own country out of sheer anger.
The usual three poll options have been made available.
I know more attacks are inevatible because there are too many terrorist lap dogs in America that are going to make sure we will never use every tool available to expose them. You yourself imply that they are already here, and i agree, however as long as the liberal element is toting the ACLU flag for "rights for everyone" including terrorists we will never win. I.E. We are not allowed to profile for the very people who are today carrying out such attacks. Too risky, we might hurt someones feelings.

Bottom line.....The liberals will make damn sure we are hit again.

Last edited by lowing (2006-08-27 19:22:03)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6712|Tampa Bay Florida
my sig, read it
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

Spearhead wrote:

my sig, read it
I have, a long time ago....would be a great quote if it really applied here...See, WE have been attacked, and MORE ATTACKS have beem attempted. So it is more of a reality than a scare tactic, now isn't it??
EVieira
+105|6500|Lutenblaag, Molvania

lowing wrote:

Bottom line.....The liberals will make damn sure we are hit again.
Those blasted liberals again!!! They should be hunted down like the dogs they are, like we did to the commies. Ahh, the 60's and 70's, those were good times...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
jonsimon
+224|6517
There will be another attack if the corruption in our government continues and the people are complacent enough to allow this kind of false flag operation again.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6712|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

my sig, read it
I have, a long time ago....would be a great quote if it really applied here...See, WE have been attacked, and MORE ATTACKS have beem attempted. So it is more of a reality than a scare tactic, now isn't it??
I have no problem with you saying that there will be more attacks, I agree with that.  What I do have a problem with is you saying that liberals will cause them.  Once again, labeling people who disagree with you, and scaring others into agreeing with you.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate... leads to the dark side

If only Yoda were around more these days....

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-08-27 20:17:49)

Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6696|Canada Eh?
I voted "Go Fuck Yourself" because I am an asshole, Simple ain't it?

But on a Non-Asshole sidenote, keep up the interesting threads and polls
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6551|Global Command
I could do without your last poll choice.
Yes, we will.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6742|California

Yes, within the next 2-5 years. There will be many dead.
Ben>You
+90|6548
Do you think there will be a child in the world that eats Peanut butter sandwhiches on a regular basis? Of course, come on, there will definately be another attack.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6766|The Island of Carls Jr.
The US should invest trillions on a giant energy shield over the us to keep the plane-bombs away!
I just hope that when we get hit again, we actually hit something back thats right, get some real fucking payback. Im not sure attacking a terrorist's home country would work, if they really are heart-less bastards then they wouldnt care.
beerface702
+65|6715|las vegas
really hard to say.

i beilive it will of course be an inside job again. as in cells who already reside here in the states, and come over from canada with who knows what to make devices of destruction.

i see a bio or chem attack ona  large scale. possibly multiplet cities all hit on the same day. thats how they like to do things. BIG. they will abort an attack if it doesnt seem to have the large scale effect that they want.

and it will happen after the bush admin is out
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6704|Canada

stryyker wrote:

Yes, within the next 2-5 years. There will be many dead.
Lisik
+74|6522|Israel
in fact that after any meddle east conflict there is terracts in europe... u will be attacket not even once!
BVC
+325|6717
They'll find some inventive way of attacking, no doubt.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

my sig, read it
I have no problem with you saying that there will be more attacks, I agree with that.  What I do have a problem with is you saying that liberals will cause them.  Once again, labeling people who disagree with you, and scaring others into agreeing with you.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate... leads to the dark side

If only Yoda were around more these days....
I do not label people who disagree with ME, I label people who who create controversy during a time of war risking the lives of those in harms way to an even greater extent and boost the morale of our enemies. Those that print war plans or intelligence gathering tactics in their newspapers. Those that spend their time googling excuses for terrorism. Those that advocate giving the terrorists what they want so they won't hurt anyone else. Those that think Iran is a peaceful nation only looking for energy sources.  I label those that "understand" and empathize with the terrorists. I label those that have never served and critisize those that have, as being brain washed, or unable to think for themselves, while they sit back and do NOTHING.

I label such people as traitors.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6577

lowing wrote:

I do not label people who disagree with ME, I label people who who create controversy during a time of war risking the lives of those in harms way to an even greater extent and boost the morale of our enemies. Those that print war plans or intelligence gathering tactics in their newspapers. Those that spend their time googling excuses for terrorism. Those that advocate giving the terrorists what they want so they won't hurt anyone else. Those that think Iran is a peaceful nation only looking for energy sources.  I label those that "understand" and empathize with the terrorists. I label those that have never served and critisize those that have, as being brain washed, or unable to think for themselves, while they sit back and do NOTHING.

Lowing, lowing, lowing. The Republican party must wet their pants with joy every time they come across someone like you.

You can label who you like what you like in USA lowing, that's the beauty of freedom of speech, the fact of the matter is that it does not diminish the validity of the comments such people make. They are 'traitors' to Republican party policy, not to the USA.

You seem to want to throw up barriers to understanding the problems we face in the world today and tow the party line intransigently and unquestioningly. You don't seem to be able to map out where the current plan is taking America. Unrelentingly marauding through the middle east has created more terrorists and opened up another country as a haven for terrorists, even the CIA concedes that. The policy you endorse so unswervingly HAS FAILED. It is only a matter of time before the US gets hit again.
The fact of the matter is they are getting hit out in Iraq as we speak. This whole 'fighting them over there rather than here' nonsense is ridiculous. You are quite happy to see fellow Americans die thousands of miles from home in a dusty land they have no reason to be in because YOU believe they are preventing terror within the USA? Laughable. Do you see military blood as being of less worth than civilian blood? "It's ok if we are losing Americans over there", is that what you think? The US entered Iraq under false prentences and now every RPG-brandishing mullah can have a pop at YOUR fellow countrymen. They must be thanking their lucky stars - no need for the costly transatlantic flights now. So long as the US is in Iraq, US men and women will die there. Terror attacks on the west are inevitable, always have been and always will be. Don't believe for a second that the war in Iraq is somehow minimising that threat. You only need to speak to the people of London or Madrid to know that.

It is every citizens right to complain about government ineptitude or to voice their disagreement with their policies. The moment that right is extinguished will be the day the west hammers the final nail in its own coffin.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-28 03:37:33)

jsnipy
+3,276|6544|...

Yes. It could be that there are nuclear mules planted in each major city and are waiting for a time to a coordinated nuclear detonation, playing out what the christian bible mentions here: http://www.trbc.org/sermons/980329.html
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

Lowing, lowing, lowing. The Republican party must wet their pants with joy every time they come across someone like you.

You can label who you like what you like in USA lowing, that's the beauty of freedom of speech, the fact of the matter is that it does not diminish the validity of the comments such people make. They are 'traitors' to Republican party policy, not to the USA.

You seem to want to throw up barriers to understanding the problems we face in the world today and tow the party line intransigently and unquestioningly. You don't seem to be able to map out where the current plan is taking America. Unrelentingly marauding through the middle east has created more terrorists and opened up another country as a haven for terrorists, even the CIA concedes that. The policy you endorse so unswervingly HAS FAILED. It is only a matter of time before the US gets hit again.
The fact of the matter is they are getting hit out in Iraq as we speak. This whole 'fighting them over there rather than here' nonsense is ridiculous. You are quite happy to see fellow Americans die thousands of miles from home in a dusty land they have no reason to be in because YOU believe they are preventing terror within the USA? Laughable. Do you see military blood as being of less worth than civilian blood? "It's ok if we are losing Americans over there", is that what you think? The US entered Iraq under false prentences and now every RPG-brandishing mullah can have a pop at YOUR fellow countrymen. They must be thanking their lucky stars - no need for the costly transatlantic flights now. So long as the US is in Iraq, US men and women will die there. Terror attacks on the west are inevitable, always have been and always will be. Don't believe for a second that the war in Iraq is somehow minimising that threat. You only need to speak to the people of London or Madrid to know that.

It is every citizens right to complain about government ineptitude or to voice their disagreement with their policies. The moment that right is extinguished will be the day the west hammers the final nail in its own coffin.
No you know me better than that. It is not "ok" to lose military personel over in Iraq but at least they have weapons to defend themselves unlike the 3000 people on 911, or the 190 in Spain, or the london bombing that killed 50 or so and injured several hundred or Bali bombing that killed 2 hundred and injured as many. who were either, strapped in a seat, or sitting behind a cubacle, or riding trains to work or vacationing  totally unaware as to what was going to happen to them.

This is NOT a USA, Bush, Cheney world. Attacks are happening all over the world, please stop trying to tell me it is the actions of the US that is doing it or, if the USA will change its policy it will all come to an end. What does the Bali attacks have to do with the USA??

I am not the naive one here.
PRiMACORD
+190|6647|Home of the Escalade Herds
I don't see us changing our foreign policies anytime soon so uh, yes definitely.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6577

lowing wrote:

No you know me better than that. It is not "ok" to lose military personel over in Iraq but at least they have weapons to defend themselves unlike the 3000 people on 911, or the 190 in Spain, or the london bombing that killed 50 or so and injured several hundred or Bali bombing that killed 2 hundred and injured as many. who were either, strapped in a seat, or sitting behind a cubacle, or riding trains to work or vacationing  totally unaware as to what was going to happen to them.

This is NOT a USA, Bush, Cheney world. Attacks are happening all over the world, please stop trying to tell me it is the actions of the US that is doing it or, if the USA will change its policy it will all come to an end. What does the Bali attacks have to do with the USA??

I am not the naive one here.
Answer me one question: How is the war in Iraq minimising terror and minimising the risk of terror attacks in the west?

I never said that US policy alone is the cause of terrorism. To believe that would be quite naive, which I'm not. The world is a complicated place - noone should view things in absolute terms.

The Bali bombing was an attempt to get at Australians, who vacation there in great numbers. They also happen to have troops stationed in Iraq, as do the UK and as did the Spanish. It's funny how Germany and France haven't been attacked yet. Or all of South America. Or China. Or a great many other countries around the globe.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-28 03:54:56)

jsnipy
+3,276|6544|...

you need to stop this liberal/conversative nonsense if you care about ur future. This sense of "one side or the other" is nothing but brand mentality (i.e. Coke and Pepsi). Think for yourself and stop being sheep.

https://www.indymedia.org.uk/images/2002/03/225511.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard