GR34
+215|6567|ALBERTA> CANADA
i would like to have my vintage l96 to the rifles are sh** thats what i know from what i have herd so far

Last edited by GR34 (2006-08-26 18:56:58)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6664|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

GR34 wrote:

i would like to have my vintage l96 to the rifles are sh**
so why did you send me a PM asking for a Beta key if you already have one?
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6605|England

spawnofthemist wrote:

GR34 wrote:

i would like to have my vintage l96 to the rifles are sh**
so why did you send me a PM asking for a Beta key if you already have one?
lol, busted!
GR34
i dont have 1 man i swerare man honest to god i have never played it. i was saying that from what i have herd so far about the sniper rifles
stoned.defender
+2|6830
OK, so what if you have shift set up for crouch like me in all my games? Please don't tell me it's another fuck up ala duck in tank from BF2 that i could never enable!!!!

I score well with sniper, well my KDR, but it's very random especially on full zoom.

And those dumb fuckers have made my APM kill friendlies again!!! Obviously no-one in DICE or EA play sniper very much. Unless it is a server option?
GR34
woe i need a beta key give me give me
47man
+46|6446|Cali
3 month old thread, there is no more open beta for 2142.
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6373
The stabilizer works like this... you scope ur enemy. press shift, the sway goes away but you have to take ur shot b4 the bar fills up because that is when the stabilizer will turn off... so it make your scope stop moving for around 4-7 seconds which is handy for long range shots... i would only suggest using this if you are planing to truly snipe from 150+ yards...
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6398|Inside the AR Rockets.
The stabalizer works with the sniper rifle in this metaphor.

When you're jerkin off goin up and down, you use the stabalizer. The effect is like your orgasm. It stops moving.
Warstarz
+11|6454

Proxus wrote:

I think the FF off feature is bugged, because im trying to stay on FF off only servers and my APM's are still TK'ing and im STILL getting punished lol...
That may be because one of your teammates is near your APM when it blows up an enemy; hitting both the enemy and your teammate.
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6597

Proxus wrote:

honestly i think its quite useless lol.
basicly, when you hit shift a the little bar below your reticle charges up, when it reaches full, your rifle is perfectly still for like 1-2 seconds tops and then it has to recharge before you can do it again. the problem is by the time the stupid bar charges up and you get your 1-2 second window, the head bob nonsens has already thrown off your aim or the target has moved on.

The improved scope is also trash, because when you use its higher level zooming power, the head bob or breathing bob... whatever the fuck... its insane lol.
What?  The breathing movement is drastically reduced even with mild zoom, and it appears to be large at high zoom, but it's actually much smaller of an effect than it is when completely zoomed out..  It's so useful for getting headshots from even just 40m that it's totally worth using.  And frankly, if you're getting headshots past 80m without using the zoom, it's luck, not skill.

Zeller + Zoom scope + stabilizer = pwnage in the hands of someone good.  Besides, the stabilizer fully recharges in the time it takes to re-chamber a bullet.  You don't use it unless you've got a target in your sights already, it just helps a little.  Personally, I think it's more useful to have either C4, APM or active camo, unless I'm trying for really long distances... But that's just me.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6645|Little Bentcock

HeimdalX wrote:

Equip it.
Hold down shift when you're zoomed in.
There's a bar below the crosshair for it.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6628|Greenwood, IN
OMG OMG OMG OMG  I've never knew how to use it. LOL WTF!!!  I just had it always equipped...  Now I feel like a fucking noob.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6759

the.ub3r wrote:

it doesn't help much
It's allows you to make pinpoint shot. My record is 225 meters.
It disables the vertical swaying of your rifle. Equip it and hold shift.

And for those claiming it is a 'noob' unlock: don't respond to this topic.

It is most definitely a long range snipers best unlock. It stabilizes the gun so you don't have to correct the sway, and makes it much easier to hit a moving target.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6548|Singapore
the unlock is only good for very long range targets...for close range i just point and shoot to eliminate the drift
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6373

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

Proxus wrote:

basicly, when you hit shift a the little bar below your reticle charges up, when it reaches full, your rifle is perfectly still for like 1-2 seconds tops and then it has to recharge before you can do it again. the problem is by the time the stupid bar charges up and you get your 1-2 second window, the head bob nonsens has already thrown off your aim or the target has moved on.

The improved scope is also trash, because when you use its higher level zooming power, the head bob or breathing bob... whatever the fuck... its insane lol.
What?  The breathing movement is drastically reduced even with mild zoom, and it appears to be large at high zoom, but it's actually much smaller of an effect than it is when completely zoomed out..  It's so useful for getting headshots from even just 40m that it's totally worth using.  And frankly, if you're getting headshots past 80m without using the zoom, it's luck, not skill.

Zeller + Zoom scope + stabilizer = pwnage in the hands of someone good.  Besides, the stabilizer fully recharges in the time it takes to re-chamber a bullet.  You don't use it unless you've got a target in your sights already, it just helps a little.  Personally, I think it's more useful to have either C4, APM or active camo, unless I'm trying for really long distances... But that's just me.
i agree totaly...
Zefar
+116|6671|Sweden
I don't know how far I have shot down someone on but lets say a few more feets back and you wouldn't be able to see the opponent. This is with zoom and without the stabilizer thing to.

The sway don't bother me at all nowdays so I only pick stealth and APM mines as a kit. Or C4 if I can get into the enemies base.

As for sniper being useless, that's so wrong. A sniper can easily render medic useless and any support guy that lies and wait for enemies to come can easily got shot in the head by a sniper.

Well this is on those infantry maps such as Camp Gibralta and Tunis Harbor and other tight infantry maps.
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6597
Also, if it weren't for my terrible lag whilst playing titan games, I could own the hell out of people defending corridors.  As it is, I can take out enemy explosives sitting at the end of the corridor with my Zeller, and I can headshot two or three guys before they realize what's going on and then they rush me.  If titan mode wasn't like watching a slideshow, I could easily take out most defending forces by myself, just by popping up, shooting, ducking, reloading, and tossing an APM down.
Sambuccashake
+126|6632|Sweden
Sidetrack:

Have anyone actually connected with a really long sniper shot?

I have yet to find sniper friendly maps that give you "Wakesque" sniper shootouts.

Most maps are too bright/snowy/dusty for 300+ sniper shots not to mention 600 meter shots.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6628|Greenwood, IN
I tried it for the first time last night and I personally rather not have it.  This is cause I was already use to not having it.  I always equipped it but never knew it was a manual thing you had to do to get it to work.  I felt really stupid for not knowing lol.  But, all and all I wouldn't say its a n00b weapons cause this explains why people were able to pick me off while still moving sideways a little bit and while I was moving.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6717|UK

GR34 wrote:

woe i need a beta key give me give me
lol
nice 1 u got ppl takin the thread seriously
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6739|Riva, MD

Proxus wrote:

Also, you have no choice but to unlock it if you want the rifle unlock. Every kit  has 2 guns and 3 items below each gun. you must unlock all 3 items below the rifle to use the rifle.

If they just made it so the stabalizer activated as soon as u hit shift instead of charging up then needing to recharge, it wouldent be so useless imo.

but ill stop crying now
It doesn't require you to charge it all the way up, where did you get that from?
Brasso
+1,549|6652

I don't even equip the stabilizer, because I don't need it.  The only reason I got it was to get the Zeller, and I rarely use that.  Stock rifles own you, and they're not as loud as a fucking artillery cannon.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2007-01-04 12:36:51)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6628|Greenwood, IN
I like the Zeller.  I know they base weapons are just as good but something about the gun I just like...  Wait its the fact that the people look like the been hit with a cannon ball going 300MPH! LOL

Edit: Grammer/Spelling

Last edited by Brizzzer (2007-01-04 12:43:46)

Proxus
+4|6477
i love how people take beta questions from october and think you are on crack lol...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard