SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

What video game and what director would you use to turn a video game into a movie ?

The Halo movie is suppose to be in the works as we speak but last I found out the are using a director who has never done a movie - he has done commercials and music videos with Peter Jackson as producer
I would like for Peter Jackson to direct and produce the Halo trilogy - I mean a trilogy if he used the Halo books as his plot, I know he could use the video games for his plot but the books are excellent since you read about where and how Master Chief gets started

Another movie - Splinter Cell - director , Paul Greengrass - using the first game as a plot reference and hopefully making the rest of the games especially the new one "Double Agent" (the books are good but I enjoy the games plot)

Another movie God of War -director, James Cameron (dig up his T2 days) - this movie would be INTENSE and awesome

Another good movie Gears of War - director,Ridley Scott - this game looks soooooo AWESOME

these movies could only be good if they stuck to the plot of the game and made the game as if you were playing the game
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
SGT.Slayero
+98|6458|Life in a vacuum sucks
simon captivA and bf2. its all ready done!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
BF2 (or at least the MEC) : NBC Nightly News, pretty much every night

I'd like to see Call of Duty 1 and United Offensive, as well as Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

MoH music in general is more than good enough to be put into movies.  Look it up on itunes, that music is some  classy stuff

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-08-19 14:28:17)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
Well Call of Duty and MoH:AA both were loosely based on previous WWII media. Look at the similarites- Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6550|Oslo, Norway
Hitman
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6530|Chicago

DesertFox423 wrote:

Well Call of Duty and MoH:AA both were loosely based on previous WWII media. Look at the similarites- Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan.
Another similarity is the Russian campaign of CoD Finest Hour and the movie Enemy At The Gates. The whole beginning part is based on that movie. Plus, the movie is based on a real Russian sniper. Weird.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6664
Max Payne I suppose.
Jackabo
+127|6551|Dublin, Ireland
Half Life 2
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida

RedTwizzler wrote:

DesertFox423 wrote:

Another similarity is the Russian campaign of CoD Finest Hour and the movie Enemy At The Gates. The whole beginning part is based on that movie. Plus, the movie is based on a real Russian sniper. Weird.
It's all true, but it was loosely based.  For example, none of them were from the eyes of a single soldier through the entire war. 

Still, there's enough material that is original to the games to make a movie on it
Pimpguin
+1|6485

-Solv3r- wrote:

Hitman
That's becoming a movie.
Rumors are Vin Diesal will star in it.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6691|NCFSU2
Leisure Suit Larry.
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6596|Philadelphia, PA
Half-life and Half-life 2
Capt. Foley
+155|6580|Allentown, PA, USA
Medal of Honor Allied Assault and both expansion packs(Spearhead and Breakthrough)
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault
Call of Duty and Call of Duty United Offensive
Far Cry

Last edited by Capt. Foley (2006-08-19 15:17:17)

SGT.Slayero
who just gave me karma? and thx
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6648|Cambridge, England
prey
Cpt.Crambone
+4|6657|Chi-town, USA
Super Mario Bros.   

Wait, they did that....badly.

Oooooo...You can't beat good old Zelda.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6523

Bf2
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6501|Daytona Beach, FL
Medal of Honor FTW.
It's pretty much a WW2 version of Indiana Jones.
SGT.Slayero
Bf2!!
pennangton
From Israel with love
+7|6728|Israel
san andreas
Cr4zyM3x1c4n
+5|6478
halo oh wait it is i win!!! j/k but yea halo
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538
Postal directed by Takashi Miike
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6716|Doncaster, England
Deus ex.
Drexor
+33|6606|Denmark
SWAT 4.
First To Fight

Last edited by Drexor (2006-08-19 15:48:08)

dalexa
+4|6598|portugal

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

Leisure Suit Larry.
that would be very nice...

Stealth42o wrote:

Max Payne I suppose.
+1 for the sig...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard