Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6683|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
ok i was watching a vid i think, and i saw when u die or get criticaly wounded u spawn in 5 sec, that definitly doesn't give the assult class very long to revive him, i mean 5 sec...thats like walking from the basement to upstairs thats not very long, IDK i watched and E3 vid idk what a weird post...
stratozyck
+35|6630
I thoroughly have no idea what you are talking about.  Assault class does not revive, medic does.
PuN!sHer
+18|6557
WhaT?!

Last edited by PuN!sHer (2006-08-19 09:05:51)

dracul
+2|6805
I thoroughly have no idea what you are talking about.  Assault class does not revive, medic does.
You sir, lose.

The assault/medic class are merged in 2142.
as are sniper/spec ops, and engineer/at
KungfuBeer
The King of Beers
+31|6728|SoCal
Yet another reason not to play the new one!
PuN!sHer
+18|6557

KungfuBeer wrote:

stratozyck wrote:

Battlefield 2142 changes the class of the kits into 4 main divisions:

Engineer (Has anti-tank weapons, and repair abilities/mines.) The equivalent to Anti-Tank/Engineer.
Recon (Has light fully automatic weapons, C4, and sniper rifles, etc.) The equivalent to Special Ops/Sniper.
Assault (Has heavy armor, heals people, etc.) The equivalent of Assault/Medic.
Support (Powerful heavy weaponry, drops ammo, etc.) Support didn't change.

Last edited by TheCanadianTerrorist (2006-08-19 09:13:35)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore

Tushers wrote:

ok i was watching a vid i think, and i saw when u die or get criticaly wounded u spawn in 5 sec, that definitly doesn't give the assult class very long to revive him, i mean 5 sec...thats like walking from the basement to upstairs thats not very long, IDK i watched and E3 vid idk what a weird post...
i suppose you can adjust the spawn time....

Tushers wrote:

For ranked play, it's most likely higher then that.
a_rabid_std
+16|6601|Arkansas
um..actually support was added a shotgun for close range.. that was about the only change though..
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6733|Houston, TX

stratozyck wrote:

Obviously....LOL. sorry had too do it.

Maybe it is to help prevent medic whoring? Dunno. 2142 is all about teamwork though. If you are with your squad and they are sitting on your medic kit in a fire fight they will be tough to kill. I got into a long range gun fight with an assault class while I was assault too. WE both laid on our med kits and went at it. We hit each other a lot with no winner. I finally bolted around the wall. Actually going on the walkway at the top of the wall. He tried to sneek up and get me but never looked up. Jump, Chute, Knife FTW.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6803|Portland, OR, USA

The spawn time is like exactly the same as BF2.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6661|under there hayousaidunderwear

Viper007Bond wrote:

Where did you read/hear that?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida

Tushers wrote:

Because Dice realized that Medics are insanely overpowered and overcompensated in BF2, so they decided to lower the time players with the Defib have to perform instant miracles on people with 3 foot holes in there bodies.

I hope they keep it that way.  I'm tired of getting outscored by a noob Medics who exploit the games stupid concept of defibs and do nothing except revive wounded players for nothing more than earning points.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-08-19 14:40:42)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

majorassult wrote:

Viper007Bond wrote:

Maybe it's possible that he is playing the beta? Hmm?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

i would tell you all you need to know, but i dont want to.
zachstu8
+1|6640
please PM me or tell us all we want we would really appreciate info
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6654|Brisbane, Australia

majorassult wrote:

Viper007Bond wrote:

He plays, and in 1 hour and 49 mins, I will too

Anyway, The spawn times were set at 5 seconds at E3 to keep gameplay fast
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6536|Internetfitlerland

zachstu8 wrote:

please PM me or tell us all we want we would really appreciate info
Super secret, sorry
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6803|Portland, OR, USA

majorassult wrote:

Viper007Bond wrote:

I have the beta?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Teflonspray
+2|6466

Spearhead wrote:

I'm tired of getting outscored by a noob Medics who exploit the games stupid concept of defibs and do nothing except revive wounded players for nothing more than earning points.
Ever heard of medics reviving wounded players, to keep the team going, so you can capture that flag? Who cares about points, or if you're being "outscored"? The team is what is important. Reviving team members is part of keeping the team going.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6617

stratozyck wrote:

ya it does there is no "medic" class
Firestarter
+12|6612
Ok for all ya idgits who don't read the 2142 FAQ's here's the dealio

many of the lesser used kits or exploited kits were combined with others. here are the combinations

Assault+Medic=Assault
Engineer+Anti-Tank=Engineer
Sniper+Spec Ops=Recon
Support+NOTHING!!! Support kicked ass all the way through :-p nothing needed to be changed
Ether151
Banned
+22|6658

KungfuBeer wrote:

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6704|Antarctica
Spawn time is 15 seconds just like in BF2..... they only had it 5 for E3 to keep ppl in the action. (DICE said this a while back)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard