Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Each kit wont just have one unlock, there will be many. How sweet is that?

Theres gunna be so much selection, it's gunna be amazing.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
43 i think.

With 40 ranks,maybe other way round.
Defiance
+438|6641

jord wrote:

43 i think.

With 40 ranks,maybe other way round.
Sopmehwere in the 40s.

They're taking a more custom character, and the spawn screen is drag and dropping your inventory, instead of better weapons.
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

wicked. Now i have a better reason to get 2142. I can't wait.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

30+ weapons, 10+ Personal Abilities
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
will we be able to unlock our own personal scout monkeys that have a small-range uav and the ability to fling faeces?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6468
So now you can lose to people who've played long enough to get more unlocks, even if you're better than them.

Great!

Last edited by Noop-Ni (2006-08-17 14:52:07)

jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

stryyker wrote:

30+ weapons, 10+ Personal Abilities
Yeah that right.

43 ranks,40 unlocks,3 ranks with no unlocks,probably special people that get the uber unlock if you're the best player in the month,the unlock is invincibility.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Plus there are also in-round unlocks. If you work well as a squad you get special unlocks for that round only, which is good because you'll get to try them out. No more "What weapon should I unlock next" threads! Yay!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Defiance
+438|6641

Tyferra wrote:

Plus there are also in-round unlocks. If you work well as a squad you get special unlocks for that round only, which is good because you'll get to try them out. No more "What weapon should I unlock next" threads! Yay!
I don't worry, someone will still feel the need to post one.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
Yes, I can't for the immediate promotion with veteren's program etc.
T0rr3nt
+54|6547|Michigan
also arent some unlocks only allowed in the squads, or is that QW:ET?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6560|Your attic

Noop-Ni wrote:

So now you can lose to people who've played long enough to get more unlocks, even if you're better than them.

Great!
This is my only worry about 2142, will the unlocks (more so the cammo/shiled abilties) mean that the high ranked people will dominate all the newer people, we'll see though.

Roll on 2142
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6665|UK
[sarcasm]Well i never knew that![/sarcasm]
GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
i just want the dam active camo idk about much els i will pwn the world leader with my knife many a time
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6564|Iceland
wow u told us news that was given to us in June.... what a clever child u are
T0rr3nt
+54|6547|Michigan

Towelly wrote:

Noop-Ni wrote:

Great!
This is my only worry about 2142, will the unlocks (more so the cammo/shiled abilties) mean that the high ranked people will dominate all the newer people, we'll see though.

Roll on 2142
i believe you cant shoot when using the camo/shield abilites. if you do you lose your cloak and such.
alexilaiho68
Where's my coffee gone!?
+45|6469|Australia
holy shite 40 unlocks!? sweet! theres only like , 16 in BF2 (inclusing special forces)
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

I like the idea of better unlock customization in BF2142. Also, the combination of various classes makes sense, Sniper/Spec-Ops, Assault/Medic, Engineer/AT.

I wonder though if you will have to choose your unlocks in a specific order or if you can pick one from the list when you rank up. Example: Will the defibrillator have to be your first unlock for Assault, as indicated on the EA site ? Same goes for the Recon's cloaking device. Interviews with EA/Dice developers seem to imply that will be the case. So only the most experiences players will have access to the most advanced weaponry/equipment. Fair enough.

what I find funny though is that the basic frag grenade is now an unlock...

The new improved squad leader "class" is still bit of a mystery to me. Will you have to qualify for SL by using an unlock or will you get the SL beacon and the Accipiter immediately ? Since there are no unlocks listed for SL's I figure it's maybe an unlock for the SL "qualification", nothing more. Does anyone have more information on that ?

As far as proper squad work is concerned, I also like the idea of offering additional motivation and rewards for those who squad up, i.e. the "temporary unlock" for good squad work ( temporary access to the next unlock for your class while you play on the server ), additional global points for squad work ( I have always wanted that, way to go ), improved spotting ( networked battlefield ) among squad members, etc...

I always felt that BF2 didn't provide enough incentive for squad play and didn't really cater to those who played in squads regularly. EA/Dice are definitely headed in the right direction now.

I also wonder if we will be able to continue to use our existing BF2 accounts in BF2142. I am not talking about the global points, of course, I doubt we will be able to keep those for BF2142. But I'd like to keep playing with one account for both BF2 and BF2142. I am running out of e-mail addresses. The best thing would be if EA would make BFHQ independent from the game itself. But I doubt the current BF2 game architecture would support that concept. So we will probably have to make new accounts for BF2142. I hope I can keep my player name. Gotta be quick when signing up...

Anyway, if EA/Dice can keep the bugs we know from BF2 under controk in BF2142, this should prove to be an exciting game.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas
As far as player names goes: read this announcement on the EA site.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

lol. If that's true, it sure sounds sweet.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
'War dance'...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
JohnClark
+5|6556|Groningen-The Top of Holland
Can you copy/past a piece of that, all EA sites are banned at my work

ShotYourSix wrote:

As far as player names goes: read this announcement on the EA site.

Last edited by JohnClark (2006-08-18 04:12:30)

=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6574
any word on if they are going to have badges and ribbons and shit? I imagine they would if they got the unlocks.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
I do like the sound of the many unlocks and being able to customise different kits.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard