tool03
+5|6537|Japan Owki
ARRRGGG I don't know how many times i've gotten fucking team kills because I shot a missile at  heli and the damn thing gose threw the enemy heli only to come out the other side do a nice 90 degree turn and hit a friendly heli/jet.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I just want to bitch about it.
penguin.killer
+75|6491
never happend to me.
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6762|Leipzig/Germany
i stopped using missles against helis long ago - they are worthless - just use the cannon, its way more efficient - u just have to know how to lead the target
N1N3TY
+0|6476|Canada
are u crazy? that has never happened to me before. i just hate how when u r the pilot of the heli u can use lock on missles
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6559|USA bitches!
What happens to me is my missiles travel through and hit nothing. TV missiles too. Pretty retarded. I just don't fly jets now anyways, as I suck at them.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6750
Use your guns, its easier and the heli doesn't get a lock signal.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6721|Sweden
it´s pointless to use your missiles if you engage the heli from the side, if you on the other end comes behind the chopper you´re pretty much guaranteed to hit if no flares but still guns works better
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664
YOU DO NOT USE MISSLES AGAINST CHOPPERS.

YOU DO NOT FLY SLOWLY WHILE TRYING TO SHOOT DOWN A CHOPPER. EVER.

YOU DO NOT FLY IN MISSLE MODE WHILE TRYING TO SHOOT DOWN CHOPPERS.

YOU USE GUNS, AND YOU AIM FOR THE COCKPIT.

not only do you actually kill the chopper, you don't kill teammates, and you kill the chopper faster.

Jenkinsbball wrote:

TV missiles too.
No, you're just missing.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-08-17 15:04:03)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6559|USA bitches!
Sarge, I have video proof of my missiles traveling through targets, so shut the fuck up.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6607

SargeV1.4 wrote:

not only do you actually kill the chopper, you don't kill teammates, and you kill the chopper faster.

Jenkinsbball wrote:

TV missiles too.
No, you're just missing.
THat^

Is where you are wrong Sarge.  TV missles actually do travel seemingly right thru the targets, because all servers have what is known as "lag".  I am not sure if you have heard of this term.  It means that there is a difference between the times that the packets leave from the server and get to your computer.  THat's why children, you want to aim for the tail of any chopper moving horizontally.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

you can take down a helo with a 2 second burst of the cannon
LT.Victim
+1,175|6573|British Columbia, Canada
/off Topic

I once Shot a TV missle at a Enemy Heli, i missed and shot down a friendly Jet.. (punished)

/on topic
Dr0pped
+8|6765|Ontario, Canada

SargeV1.4 wrote:

But I love it when they do that... that's when I TV 'em.... 

Last edited by Dr0pped (2006-08-19 09:24:02)

']['error
Banned
+630|6655|The Netherlands

stryyker wrote:

you can take down a helo with a 2 second burst of the cannon
https://www.soaringpanda.com/gelblog/archives/orly.jpeg

actualy i takes 3-4 secs
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6803

tool03 wrote:

ARRRGGG I don't know how many times i've gotten fucking team kills because I shot a missile at  heli and the damn thing gose threw the enemy heli only to come out the other side do a nice 90 degree turn and hit a friendly heli/jet.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I just want to bitch about it.
Same thing still happens with a stinger/igla.
Skexis
+6|6470

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Jenkinsbball wrote:

TV missiles too.
No, you're just missing.
News to me. Guess what we need is a training thread for budding young aviators like myself.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6759|Mark it zero.

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Jenkinsbball wrote:

TV missiles too.
No, you're just missing.
THat^

Is where you are wrong Sarge.  TV missles actually do travel seemingly right thru the targets, because all servers have what is known as "lag".  I am not sure if you have heard of this term.  It means that there is a difference between the times that the packets leave from the server and get to your computer.  THat's why children, you want to aim for the tail of any chopper moving horizontally.
its known that a lot of missiles go through vehicles. AT missiles go through transports and APCs quite often. i've had missiles go through  attack and transport choppers and planes. could be lag and could also be a bug (i hear both)
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6647|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Chopper missles always miss helos for me!!

its happened again today. Pisses me off when thwy kill you though. When they shoul dbe dead
Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6523
i use both gun and missle, works for me 
Kadaver[NL]
+1|6535
I hear you,.....A lot of missiles just go straight through them or they seem to bunch away from the heli.

But you can also bomb them when they are hovering!!!!  That's real fun.
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6500
sarge is right, but I dont think he's going to twist your arms to make you think other wise.  I dont know about the tv missle but he is 100 percent right about the air to air missles on helicopters, you just dont use em, you dont have to use em, the guns work way better.  if I really want to hitt a helo with missles I'll dive down on them and release at the last possible moment, actually dumb firing them into you.  If you want to shoot missles at helos while flying a jet go right ahead, but youd be better off saving them for the enemy jets patroling around.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard