ChyneseGUY
+20|6494
is the M95 affected less by bullet drop then the L96A1? Other then that is there any other advantages other then piercing bulletproof glass that the M95 would have over the L96A1, or is the M95 just shit cause im considering whether i should unlock it over the DAO-12 so i can get my basic engineer badge. thanks in advance.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6729|California

more bullet drop on the M95.

the only advantage it has is sounding badass.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6547|Internetfitlerland

DAO is anti-tank unlock

I personally do not like the M95, but love the L96A1, so if you have special forces, unlock both then get the L96 next
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6602|Lexington, Kentucky
Agreed. I love the L96, and the sound it makes. Personally, I only really use the DAO that often on a closed-in city map like Karkand. The DAO has poor accuracy at range, like all shottys, but rocks in alleyways.

Edit: Could you have meant the Jackhammer? If so, then yeah, Jackhammer is awesome for Engineers. Not as strong as the default Pimp-cane, but faster. Much, much faster.

Last edited by Anfidurl (2006-08-08 02:52:31)

Altophish
+8|6509
Yes the M95 has more bullet drop...however the visible distance in most cases makes it a rather moot point.  Personaly I like the M95 better.  It's more accurate at long range, wich is where snipers really like to be. 
I'm not really a fan of the engineer class so I can't give you an opinion on the DAO-12...other than I have lost many close battles to the DAO.

Last edited by Altophish (2006-08-08 02:52:01)

savking
+37|6596|England
L96 has a better scope
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6690|Disaster Free Zone

Altophish wrote:

Yes the M95 has more bullet drop...however the visible distance in most cases makes it a rather moot point.  Personaly I like the M95 better.  It's more accurate at long range, wich is where snipers really like to be. 
I'm not really a fan of the engineer class so I can't give you an opinion on the DAO-12...other than I have lost many close battles to the DAO.
DAO is AT not engy, dont you have anyting else to unlock?? these are the 2 worst unlocks in the game (except maybe the mp7), and you would only get the M95 to get the L96A1 and the DAOs not worth getting at all becasue the p-90 is shocking too, the pp-19 and mp5 are much better then either unlock. If you want engy unlock the jackhammers sort of an improvment on the s12k (more dmg, less shots), but nothing is better then the USMC and PLA pump action shottys.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-08-08 02:59:37)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6850|Cologne, Germany

moved to chatter
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6558|San Diego, CA, USA
jsnipy
+3,276|6532|...

ChyneseGUY wrote:

is the M95 affected less by bullet drop then the L96A1? Other then that is there any other advantages other then piercing bulletproof glass that the M95 would have over the L96A1, or is the M95 just shit cause im considering whether i should unlock it over the DAO-12 so i can get my basic engineer badge. thanks in advance.
I though the L96A1 was more accurate and it sounds kickass ... but if you dont have anything unlocked for the antitank i would go with the DAO-12 (better yet P90) before getting this other sniper rifle.

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-08-08 05:15:46)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85
M95 has less bullet drop...

Where's dont_be_ss when you need him.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6781|London UK

the M95 is crap, is innacurate so it fails the main purpose of a sniper rifle. The L96a1 however is simply amazing, so you have to unlock the M95 to get the L96a1 at some point.

Contrary to what has been said previously, the DOA-12 is probably one of the best unlocks in the game, in terms of improvement on the original. It also takes no skill to use at close range, you simply point at them, click as fast as you can, and they will die first.

It goes whitout saying that the DOA-12 is poor at long range, but then so is the Mp5 and pp19 compared to nearly every other weapon in the game.
alexilaiho68
Where's my coffee gone!?
+45|6509|Australia
l96a1 for thine win
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6510|Valley of the Dragons
Lots of misinformation in this thread.

Stats on both Rifles can be found here --> Weapon-Chart 1.22 <--, made by Black_Duck_1. Original TotalBF2 thread

To sum it up; the M95 does more damage and has less accuracy, the L96A1 does less damage and has an higher accuracy.

BULLETDROP IS THE SAME FOR ALL WEAPONS IN THE GAME, EXCEPT THE LMG'S

This has allready been confirmed 7 months ago by the people at DICE

It was discussed ages ago on the Total BF2 forums. It began when somebody did tests on bulletdrop on Gulf of Oman and the thread got a lot of peeps replying to it. I think the OP finaly came into contact with somebody at DICE which confirmed the bulletdrop ingame. I found the thread --> Bulletdrop Thread - Total BF2 Forums.

I found the original interview Total BF2-Armando Marini
Scroll down for the part on bulletdrop.

Results after testing were as follows ...

https://www.xs4all.nl/~thoorens/bf2/bulletdroptravel.jpg

Testing again was done by Black_Duck_1.

The results were measured in a level firing field. Ingame you will have to compensate for being either on an higher or lower elevation than your targets position.

EDIT: Thanks to Marinejuana for pointing out the error in my statement about bulletdrop. LMG's have a bulletvelocity of 500, all other handheld weapons have 1000.

Last edited by Jemme101 (2007-01-06 12:36:52)

Flaming_Maniac
Well we could test it once and for all by finding the weapon files and seeing the muzzle velocity...
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
Lol, yeah lets test something that has allready been tested and where the results have been confirmed by the people that developed the game
voltage
+46|6849|Sweden
Post of the year Jemme101!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6706|Germany

Jemme101 wrote:

BULLETDROP IS THE SAME FOR ALL WEAPONS IN THE GAME
May be so,but because of the different scope with the fatass crosshairs it looks as if the bulletdrop is different.The markings on the side are a bit helpful,but it's no guarantee to hit.

Using the L96 all the time made my M95-accuracy go down the drain,but if you exclusively use the M95 you can be as accurate as with the L96 and piss off chopper pilots all the time.

btw:dbss hates the M95,you'll hardly ever see him with it.I use it from time to time until I'm sick of hitting nothing(not really,I hit moving targets and make impossible shots with it,only the standard 300m shot at a prone target doesn't work!! )

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-08-08 08:03:33)

Flaming_Maniac

Jemme101 wrote:

Lol, yeah lets test something that has allready been tested and where the results have been confirmed by the people that developed the game
I'm jsut saying it would be nice to see proof, and gravity effects all guns similiarly but that doesn't mean all the muzzle velocities are the same, if they were why was that even a attribute of the guns?

Edit: Just checked, L96 and M95 muzzle velocities are the same, but not the same for all guns. The SAW for example has 500 velocity instead of 1000.

Last edited by Flaming_Maniac (2006-08-08 08:11:51)

Jemme101
M24 Abuser
I rarely use the M95 myself, only when I recover it from using somebody else his kit, but I read a hint somewhere on it. It seems you have to aim with it by using the section just below the intersection of where both scope-lines meet (the underside of the horizontal line). It seems to be the sweet spot on that Rifles scope. Maybe an experienced M95 user in the game can shed some light on it.
Flaming_Maniac

Jemme101 wrote:

I rarely use the M95 myself, only when I recover it from using somebody else his kit, but I read a hint somewhere on it. It seems you have to aim with it by using the section just below the intersection of where both scope-lines meet (the underside of the horizontal line). It seems to be the sweet spot on that Rifles scope. Maybe an experienced M95 user in the game can shed some light on it.
Yes that's right, I use it all the time to steal enemy choppers.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6802

ChyneseGUY wrote:

Best way of getting the basic engineer badge is to drive an armoured vehicle - tank or apc - and kill infantry.  What I'm working on now is getting the 40 kills for expert before the round finishes, without spawnraping.
MrE`158
+103|6632
In response to the original poster:  The two rifles are different in a couple of ways, but it's all fairly minor, in that they're both bolt-action sniper rifles, so you use them in the same way.

The M95's advantage is damage.  It's damage is 190.  That means that it's powerful enough to damage vehicles, so you can pick up kills by pot-shotting choppers heading off for repairs.  It means that you can fire through glass, so you can pick off helo pilots and vehcile drivers.  Lastly, and most importantly, when shooting at infantry it makes no difference to the M95 whether they have body armour or not, if you hit a full-health target with it, it will leave them on 5% health, so if they've taken any damage already, they're dead, and if they haven't, you only need to hit once with your pistol to finish them.

The L96A1 is a more accurate rifle.  It has less deviation than the M95, and it has a very fine crosshair in its scope, making headshots easier.  It also fires slightly faster, and it's quieter.  Those are the areas the L96A1 shines in.  On the other hand, the L96A1's damage is 95, a lot lower than the M95, and it doesn't have the same armour penetration.  95 is still pretty good, and you'll still kill any infantryman with two body shots, but if you hit an armoured target like an Assault trooper, you'll only take off 60% or so of his health.  This means that armoured targets are more likely to be able to get away and find a medic.

Of course, the damage issue becomes moot if you can get a headshot.  Both rifles kill instantly with a headshot, but because of the higher accuracy and better scope of the L96A1, you're more likely to get them with that.

I won't go into bullet-drop.  I've heard it all sorts of ways, from all sorts of sources.  I've little experience myself, since I do most of my sniping from relatively close range.  The stuff above looks convincing, however.

For me, the two rifles are for different roles and situations.  The M95 has a slightly better draw time, so you can pull it out a little faster.  This makes it a little better for close-up work.  For close-quarters you're also more likely to appreciate the way it tears through armour, because you'll have less time to line up careful headshots.  On the other hand, for long-range stuff, the L96A1 is the business, since it's awesomely accurate.

For close-work, or for maps swarming with armoured infantry (for example, Armoured Fury maps have loads of AT guys on them), then the M95 should be the weapon of choice.   For any map that requires long-range sniping, like Wake or Mashtuur, the L96A1 is the better call.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6728|Melbourne, Australia
omfg how many times do i have to vtell u .. THE M95 HAS LESS FUKEN BULLET DROP u need to fucken realise that
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6839|Denver colorado
if your more of a long range sniper i say the l9 is good. but i use the m95 for more drop and shoot and sometimes backing my squad on an assult.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard