Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|4916|California

heres how it works

1.) Digital Illusions is the studio that writes the codes for BF2, they produced the game.
2.) EA is the publisher, they have nothing to do with anything in the game except promotion and payment
3.) DICE Canada is the one that produces the patches.
4.) DICE Sweden produced 2142
5.) EA does not own Digital Illusions in full. they own only about 20% of the company.

more notes on 2142:

2142 uses the same engine as Battlefield 2, but not the same codes/models/textures. It is a NEW GAME, not a modification.

Yes, it is futuristic
No, there arent lasers
No, it isnt starwars
No, you dont fight aliens (see Quakewars if you want this)
Yes, there will be a public Beta
Yes, there will be a Demo

More on BF2: if you dont want to support DICE/EA, stop playing BF2.
complaining about the patch wont fix it.
if you cant wait for 1.4, go outside and do something until it does, so we dont have to hear about it.

are we clear?

Last edited by stryyker (2006-08-07 00:19:05)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|4943|The United Center
So where's my coffee?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|4714|Montucky
thank you.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|4916|California

ThomasMorgan wrote:

So where's my coffee?
Juan Valdez makes sure you wake up everymorning with a nice cup of fresh brewed coffee, from the misty mountains of Columbia.
Canadian_Sniper_X
Member
+45|4685|Kamloops, BC Canada
Very well said. I couldn't agree with you more.
LT.Victim
Member
+1,175|4758|British Columbia, Canada

stryyker wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

So where's my coffee?
Juan Valdez makes sure you wake up everymorning with a nice cup of fresh brewed coffee, from the misty mountains of Columbia.
I think he was asking for a nice cup of Shut the fuck up?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,205|5006|Nårvei

What`s EA ?

Ah yeah, the publisher (runs to delete 500 fuck EA posts and to make 500 fuck DICE threads)
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|4844|Hong Kong

stryyker wrote:

heres how it works

1.) Digital Illusions is the studio that writes the codes for BF2, they produced the game.
2.) EA is the publisher, they have nothing to do with anything in the game except promotion and payment
3.) DICE Canada is the one that produces the patches.
4.) DICE Sweden produced 2142
5.) EA does not own Digital Illusions in full. they own only about 20% of the company.

more notes on 2142:

2142 uses the same engine as Battlefield 2, but not the same codes/models/textures. It is a NEW GAME, not a modification.

Yes, it is futuristic
No, there arent lasers
No, it isnt starwars
No, you dont fight aliens (see Quakewars if you want this)
Yes, there will be a public Beta
Yes, there will be a Demo

More on BF2: if you dont want to support DICE/EA, stop playing BF2.
complaining about the patch wont fix it.
if you cant wait for 1.4, go outside and do something until it does, so we dont have to hear about it.

are we clear?
u r my hero, stryyker THANK YOU
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|4674|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Thanks stryyker
DZL-X
Member
+0|4823|Brooklyn, NY
good shyt
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|4912

stryyker wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

So where's my coffee?
Juan Valdez makes sure you wake up everymorning with a nice cup of fresh brewed coffee, from the misty mountains of Columbia.
me gusta!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|4916|California

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

So where's my coffee?
Juan Valdez makes sure you wake up everymorning with a nice cup of fresh brewed coffee, from the misty mountains of Columbia.
me gusta!
si, coffee de Colombia es muy spectacularrrrr
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|4868|Colorado
yo quiero tu qurepo!
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|4729|Denmizzark!!
lol. I love that title..
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|4722|Singapore
jolly good stuff stryyker +1
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|4970|Noizyland

Roger roger Stryyker, nice thread. Stickied, but I'll take it off if it gets too derailed, (Delphy I am looking at you. Cut it out.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|4912

Tyferra wrote:

Roger roger Stryyker, nice thread. Stickied, but I'll take it off if it gets too derailed, (Delphy I am looking at you. Cut it out.)
yay teh sticky
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|4916|California

i will yell at the derailers, then they will bow to their true overlord.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|4912

stryyker wrote:

i will yell at the derailers, then they will bow to their true overlord.
me. i am teh overloads
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|4970|Noizyland

You arn't helping Cyborg.

Good to have some proper information on the whole 2142 thing. People constantly posting about how it was stupid and they wern't buying it and EA sucks 'cause they can't code yadda yadda was pissing me off.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|4916|California

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

i will yell at the derailers, then they will bow to their true overlord.
me. i am teh overloads
overload? gg.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|4912

stryyker wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

i will yell at the derailers, then they will bow to their true overlord.
me. i am teh overloads
overload? gg.
overlord. my  bad.

i dont know whats wrong w/ dice canada... all their patches have bugs while dice sweden does a good job though
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|4916|California

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

i dont know whats wrong w/ dice canada... all their patches have bugs while dice sweden does a good job though
Canada did do one thing right though, and that was Special Forces.
Delphy
Member
+45|4781|Bristol, UK
I have to say this really isn't worth a sticky.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|4902|67.222.138.85
I thought that BF2142 basically was a mod, with alot of time and effort put into it. People can make new weapons and buildings right now, so what is it that means this isn't a mod?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard