Cinematic Perfection35%35% - 18
Waste of 2 hours of my life50%50% - 26
Haven't seen it but plan to1%1% - 1
Haven't seen it and don't want to11%11% - 6
Total: 51
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky
As I sit here bored at work (wow imagine for one minute that in a small town in montana somebody is breaking the law---ooh not happening) while hanging out in the jailer's office since he's got cable T.V. and i'm tired of driving the interstate the movie War of the Worlds is currently playing on HBO, what is your take on this movie?

Personally I think its a crock of shit that can't match the Original.

Whats your take on this "movie?"
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
Dumb ass flick. Good fx was all it had.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
book was better
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
elite
+89|6716|Sheffield, England
i like the film
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6548
Don't like most remakes. I like cruise even less.

Last edited by iNeedUrFace4Soup (2006-08-05 16:11:23)

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6711|Charlie One Alpha

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

book was better
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
That film was the cinematic equivalent of getting kicked in the testicles repeatedly.
Aerick
+2|6551|Bay Area
I thought it was pretty decent.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6551|Southeastern USA
why god why must we encourage dakota fanning to scream?
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
I fucking HATE fucking blue fucking energy fucking shields. It's not fucking Star-Trek, it's War of the Worlds.

Also, come to think of it, they buried their warmachines here long before humans evolved, right? That means they buried ancient weapons on a planet just in case life ever evolved there. Why didn't they take the planet right there and then? They were there to bury those machines anyway. Why the hell did they leave?

It's like us going to mars, then burying fucking swords there, just in case intelligent life ever evolves there, so we can go back, dig up our swords, and club them all to death. What the hell.

At least the book didn't have the stupid "they were here all along" angle. Or the stupid FUCKING energy shields. Fuck.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky
i'm pretty sure but don't quote me on this if you placed explosives on the ground or just below the surface and waited for one of those tripod blue fucking energyshielded thingamabobs to walk over it, and then detonate said explosives i'm pretty sure it'd fall over.... but thats just me.

Dakota Fanning needs to quit actings.. NOW

The Best part was when Robby "died" right after the joint Army/USMC attack...

actually the best part was when the credits started rolling..
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

Wasn't good, wasn't bad.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
STAPES87
+9|6539|Massachuesetts
How Does Everybody Live In That Movie. All Of TOM'S FAMILY AND FRIENDS LIVE( sry if i spoiled it)
WTF?

Last edited by STAPES87 (2006-08-05 16:45:39)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

Where's the option for "it was okay"? Cuz it was okay...
chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

STAPES87 wrote:

How Does Everybody Live In That Movie.
Why Does Every Word In Your Sentence Start With A Capital Letter?
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

chittydog wrote:

Read my rant above. It was utter bullcrap.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky

LaidBackNinja wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Read my rant above. It was utter bullcrap.
hhhmm there isn't a grey area for liking a movie.. you either liked it, or you didn't like it.. or Cinematic Pefection (i liked it) or Waste of 2 hours of my life (didn't like it)
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6742
His son should have been dead, I mean WTF?

Was he death ray proof, while the US army wasn't?

Dumb ass Flick, the Fifties one was better.
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6709|NL

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Also, come to think of it, they buried their war machines here long before humans evolved, right? That means they buried ancient weapons on a planet just in case life ever evolved there. Why didn't they take the planet right there and then? They were there to bury those machines anyway. Why the hell did
lol, maybe they just lost / are losing they're own planet and need fast a new one - why not take ours where the machines are ready, lots of energy (blood I believe) and weak defense (besides the bacteria, rofl).

I haven't seen the original or read the book but I found it nice to watch.
MDW
+43|6679|Dortmund, Germany
I liked the FX and the way the film was made, but the fact that Tom Cruise was in it made it just average.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

book was better, because it

a.) didnt have Tom Crazy
b.) was in the 1800s
c.) didnt have Tom Crazy
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Not many option there is there. Either it's Brilliant, Garbage or undecided. It was okay, there were some cool bits.
I agree with Stryyk, the book works so much better. Oh, and it doesn't have Tom Crazy.

On a side note, did you know Cruise has a clause in his contract stating that his characters can never die? no kidding, he doesn't do dying scenes. Theres the explination to why he wouldn't fucking die in The Last Samurai, even when 40% of his body was technically made out of lead.

I have now officially ruined any future Tom Cruise movies. I know the ending! He dosn't die! AAAUGH!!!!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6711|th3 unkn0wn
Tom Cruise is just an overrated actor. Even Steven Seagal is better than him!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_to_Kill    - Check out the first Quote
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6711|th3 unkn0wn

Tyferra wrote:

Not many option there is there. Either it's Brilliant, Garbage or undecided. It was okay, there were some cool bits.
I agree with Stryyk, the book works so much better. Oh, and it doesn't have Tom Crazy.

On a side note, did you know Cruise has a clause in his contract stating that his characters can never die? no kidding, he doesn't do dying scenes. Theres the explination to why he wouldn't fucking die in The Last Samurai, even when 40% of his body was technically made out of lead.

I have now officially ruined any future Tom Cruise movies. I know the ending! He dosn't die! AAAUGH!!!!
He dies in Collateral you know
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

He dies in Collateral you know
Huh. Havn't seen Colateral. How old is it? Regardless, they're probably planning a sequel in which Tom Cruise's character mysteriously turns up alive and well, new and improved with a kung-fu grip.

Wait hang on, yes I have seen that! The one with the Hitman and the Taxi driver... yeah, I never thought how odd it was that that he died in that... he probably amended the contract trying to prove that he's not one dimentional and a hack. Didn't work. I still think he's a one-dimentional hack.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard