Poll

Given the choice, do you use 2nd tier unlocks?

You would choose the MP7 over the other shotguns. 43% 43% - 56 56% 56% - 73
You would choose the MG36 over the PKM or stock LMGs. 48% 48% - 63 51% 51% - 66
You would choose the P90 over the DAO or stock weapons. 63% 63% - 82 36% 36% - 47
You would choose the G36E over the L85 and stock guns. 65% 65% - 85 34% 34% - 44
You would choose the SCAR-L over the G36C and stock gun 35% 35% - 46 64% 64% - 83
You would choose the L96 over the M95, and stock guns. 75% 75% - 97 24% 24% - 32
You would choose the F2000 over the G3 and stock guns. 45% 45% - 59 54% 54% - 70
Total: 129
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6630|Tasmania
G36E for medic.
L96A1 for sniper.
mp7 for engineer (it's a water pistol but it's got better range than a shottie).
F2000 is the WORST weapon in the entire game, I'd rather bat you to death with an ammo bag. 'cept for flashbangs, I like flashbangs.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6825|St. Louis, MO
You would choose the MP7 over the other shotguns.   
NO-The MP7 sucks ass at any range.Better off with either shotgun

You would choose the MG36 over the PKM or stock LMGs.   
NO-The PKM has great stopping power and can double as a sniper rifle.

You would choose the P90 over the DAO or stock weapons.   
YES-Good medium range weapon and has good accuracy while moving

You would choose the G36E over the L85 and stock guns.   
YES-I like how it fires in burst and has little recoil.

You would choose the SCAR-L over the G36C and stock gun   
YES-I like the gun sight with the dot.

You would choose the L96 over the M95, and stock guns.   
NO-Not that I would know since I never use the sniper kit.The M95 was the only one I could get 1 shot kills with as well as ward off helios.

You would choose the F2000 over the G3 and stock guns.
YES-The G3 is more powerful but the clip is too small for me.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6733|Germany, near Koblenz
I prefere no guns at all. Allthough MadKatter wrote somthing like "in general", I just can't answer like that. It allways depends on map, mood, form at this time, actual situation, team strengths, etc.

In addition I'm not quite familar with all second unlocks since I use to play SF.
HeimdalX
+37|6652
Basic weapons > Unlocks

Only thing thats close is the noob ejector(for those pesky smurfs in vehicles you want) and the DAO. But the DAO is useless at a distance and I usually save a rocket to shove up someones ass and snipe with the pp-19/mp5
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

I use the SMGs over the shotties... Come on people, learn to aim those things, they kill with two headshots and have sick rates of fire.

Other than that, I use defaults or the G3/PKM and the Scar-L. I alternate between them and the basics. I don't play sniper much at all but I want the L96.

M16 and AK-47 are easily my favourite guns.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
I barely got the MP7 but already I like it.
PKM owns all. Hands down
I love the P90's ROF. Same reason I like the MP7.
G36E is t3h 1337. It is the best gun in the game.
SCAR-L isn't that great, but it improves marginally on the 'C in all aspects.
And I don't know why, but I just seem to get waay more kills with the F2000. Must be something to do with the clip size or accuracy.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794
AT: p90.  Only just got it but I like it.
Engy: MP7 is alright but I love the close-range power of the M11-87 and the S12K isn't bad either.
Support: MG36 FTW!
Meds: G36E
Assault: G3.  Mega power and normal grenades.  Nice.
Sniper: I like all of them about equally, except the two MEC/PLA pea shooters.  Might just as well be a different class
The other class...  I don't do spec-ops much.
MrE`158
+103|6624

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Its all situational, I don't see how anyone can say "I only use L85, M16 sucks!" or something similar.
QFE.

I don't understand the constantly repeated threads/discusssions about which gun is "better".  They're all reasonably balanced, and all different.

Yes, a lot of people insist that the stocks are the best.  Most of these people are clannies, who play in clan matches on unranked servers, and therefore must use the stocks.  With all the extra practice with them, of course they seem like the best to those guys.  (I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, I'm just pointing it out as a generalisation).

I use whatever weapon I think is best for the situation or which I'm in the particular mood for.  If it's close-quarters, I'll pick a weapon which favours damage and rate of fire over accuracy, if long-range, I'll pick something the other way around.

For engineers, I'll use the pump shotguns if I'm out hunting infantry, but prefer the MP7 if I'm tanking and want something to riddle that Spec-Ops fucker who's running up behind me.  For sniping, I like the L96A1, but if the map is swarming with guys in body-armour (say it's an Armoured Fury map with loads of AT), the the M95 has a distinct advantage.

The only unlocks that I've got a definited dislike for are:

The Jackhammer:  Just seems like such a random weapon.  You spray, and either the guy dies or you run out of ammo and he kills you.  You have very little input.

The MG36:  The bastard hybrid of the LMGs.  Doesn't have the power of the PKM, and doesn't have the rate of fire of the stocks.  Accuracy at range seems to be its thing, but...  well, the PKM does that too.

The SCAR-L:  Personal dislike.  I know I'm not alone on this either.  The recoil penalties are just nuts.  I know some people swear by it, but it's one of those you either love or loath, and I loath it.

And to those who insist that Weapon X is the 'pwnz0r', give the others a go.  If nothing else, a bit of diversity keeps the game more interesting...
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
i always use weapons that other people don't use. despite what all the sergeants say, there really isn't that much difference between stock/t1/t2. all of the guns can kill, and easily. so yes, i use the L85/SVD/AK47/MG36. you know how rare it is these days to be killed by the stock chinese AT SMG? well, i do it all the time.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Defiance wrote:

I'm not going to bother with the retarded polls that no one has the competence to make properly.

The only Tier 2 Weapons I use are the F2K and G36E.
That was the correct way to use this poll.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard