{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6549|Florida
I own stock in a couple of companies, and was just curious if anyone else here did.  Mainly this topic came to mind because one of the companies I a whole wopping 8 shares of stock with ATI, the video card maker of course, and their stock for a long time has just kinda sat around, not gone up or down much.  Then suddenly within the last week or so, it has gone up about $5 a share.  Good for them I say....but I wish I would have had some money to buy more shares when it was at about $13.

So....does anyone own stock?  If so, what companies?
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6791
this ought to be interesting, to see who's financially independent among all the teenage angst on display here.
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6676|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
Well..

I have some in my name.

But I have gotten into it

I want to make a SmartStocks league on this., if anyone is interesting, I will be setting up a team..

register at

www.smartstocks.com..
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6489|USA
i have google, which has done well for me, ipwg.pk, which is a long-term investment, and corning glassware (glw), which has done fair
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6489|Montucky
i've got some in Pfizer's, since one of the other major employers here is a Pfizer's talc plant.
thrasher1210
+1|6675|England
manchester united and vodafone
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6603

Glazer!!!!!!!!!!!!
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6507|Carlsbad, CA, USA

i have two retirement plans, does that count?
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6549|Florida

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

i have google, which has done well for me, ipwg.pk, which is a long-term investment, and corning glassware (glw), which has done fair
Corning done pretty decent?  I thought about buying into them if/when I get the money.  Google would have been great to buy into when it first came into the market.

Right now I have Evergreen Solar, and ATI.  Ive got more shares with Evergreen, and they are a pretty average rate, up a little down a little.  Fluctuates kinda often which frustrates me, and makes me consider selling it....but I dont think I ever will, atleast not any time soon.  If anything, I hope to buy more.  Downside being it takes money to buy it lol, and I tend to be somewhat short on that lol.

And if anyone is wondering, I am 21.  I am financially independent considering I pay for all my living expenses (rent, electric, gas, cell phone, car payment & insurance, etc.).  Just wanted you all to be aware

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2006-07-24 14:41:35)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
I own 51% of a small corporation ( 1 million gross last year ).
I still feel broke.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6549|Florida
alexander, doesnt that make you THE actual owner of it lol.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6498|Portland, OR USA
agreed, but it makes him a pretty fucking loud voice 
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6690|Las Vegas
I've gotten into Beef Stocks (BFSK) recently.  No regrets at this point.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6671
I dont own stock, but my pet hobby is forex day trading.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6763|Jupiter

Krappyappy wrote:

this ought to be interesting, to see who's financially independent among all the teenage angst on display here.
Big fancy words, im intimidated.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6690|Las Vegas

Skruples wrote:

I've been messing around with a Forex Practice Account.  Sometimes I think I enjoy it more than gaming.  Pretty cool platform, wish I had some real money in there....
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6671

ShotYourSix wrote:

Skruples wrote:

I've been messing around with a Forex Practice Account.  Sometimes I think I enjoy it more than gaming.  Pretty cool platform, wish I had some real money in there....
I use FXCM myself. I've traded a few practice accounts, and I drove a few of them into the ground. I've spoken with a few people about forex trading and most of them agreed it was one of the most dangerous and toughest markets to be in.
BVC
+325|6666
Didn't AMD just buy ATI?
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6791

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

I own stock in a couple of companies, and was just curious if anyone else here did.  Mainly this topic came to mind because one of the companies I a whole wopping 8 shares of stock with ATI, the video card maker of course, and their stock for a long time has just kinda sat around, not gone up or down much.  Then suddenly within the last week or so, it has gone up about $5 a share.  Good for them I say....but I wish I would have had some money to buy more shares when it was at about $13.

So....does anyone own stock?  If so, what companies?
As mentioned, it could be because AMD acquired ATI recently.
Seaneroo
+12|6629
The wife and I don't have the time to research individual stocks, so we invest in an S&P 500 Index fund.  overall we've done well, though we're takign a beating right now.  Moving more into T-Bills until things in the Middle East settle down.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6541|Portland, OR, USA
I have some in microsoft.  They're not doing too terribly..
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

Im going to be putting aside some money that I was going to use on PC upgrades and going to put that into Intel, I got a feeling Conroe's Going to be big, and hopefully, I can make some extra upgrade cash off it!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6636|NT, like Mick Dundee

Telstra stocks... 250... ... Not my choice, my Grandad nicked me money and bought them. He reckons that by the time he lets me sell them I'll have made money...

I don't think so...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Hawk390
+27|6614|Melbourne, Australia
kinda hard to own stock when your below the age of 18 and your either a. restricted by age, or b. get the SHIT taxed out of you cos your underage and the government wants to stop you or your parents getting money off you. bloody annoying, cos i wanna get some stock. probably have to get it in my dads name till i turn 18.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

Flecco wrote:

Telstra stocks... 250... ... Not my choice, my Grandad nicked me money and bought them. He reckons that by the time he lets me sell them I'll have made money...

I don't think so...
Ouch, Telstra will have been liquidated by then

My Grandfather owns over 1 Mil + in stocks

I guess thats what you do when you can work and still want money, play the stocks!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard