-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6559

Maxwelbr wrote:

yO,

OK, SO LATELY i notice that infantry battles are not actually the good ol' heated firefights that they are in other games.  its kinda sad, really, that now, infantry battles have come down to one on one encounters that are actually competitions of who can use the key-sroke "jump, prone, jump, prone, jump" and such and such. 

like, i'm usually a sniper and say that its one of those sad times that i just missed his head and got him in the shoulder.  once i look back into my scope, hes jumping around, flying into the air, going prone in mid-jump, pullin out med-kits and crap like that.  hes flopping around like a fish, probably destroying his space bar.

really, in infantry battles, killing a guy is really just implying: "omg, oWn3d! i can use my space bar faster than u can n0ob!! lolz, go practice hitting ur space bar and prone key very fast so u can actually get some ki11z! lolz!"

a few games ago, i said something like that b4 the game started.  its was like "isn't it sad that infantry battles are now just competitions to see who can hit the space bar faster.....".  one guy was like "well, in rl, if u started getting shot at, would u stand there and take it, or jump away?".  to this i said:

"well, yes, i would want to "jump" away.  but i would be hopping around like a derranged rabbit, and diving to the ground and then jumping some more like a flopping fish!"

guy: "i think infantry battles are just fine, get used to the bunny hopping.  its a good tactic."

me: "sure, its a fine tactic.  but its stupid and unrealistic.  now infatry battles are 1vs1 encounters with both ppl flopping around all over the place.  i don't think infantry battles should be difined by who can hop the fastest and master the "jump, prone, jump" key-stroke.  the soldiers in iraq don't get shot and then instantly hop around 20 times then go prone in midair and contine hopping. infantry battles should be difined by using tactics, teamwork, strategy, thinking and skill and even more teamwork! not by who can hop the fastest."

like come on, i think bf2 is horrible when it comes to infantry and that some major modifications should be done to the hopping thing.  y should there be hopping in bf2 anyway??

AGREE/DISAGREE???? if agree +1 me if disagree......go screw urself. 

now discuss.... i want to hear some opinions.......
You suck.
OneSixty
+14|6495|Melbourne

Vilham wrote:

Bunny hoppers are the following:

1. on the whole crap players.
2. quiet often hacking, the hopping doesnt screw their aim up when they land they just hold the mouse button and their aim bot kills.
3. get immediate bans from our server as we see bunny hopping after 1.4 as an exploit of the game.
4. killed by me either way coz they just suck ass.
5. seen as scum in the BF2 ladder world.
As my first post ill first say hi, i play as im160bpm in Australia.
As a gamer of any game that comes my way over the last 20 years , you learn tricks of the trade from everything you play , and all these things are written into the new games we play as games evolve . If you can do something in a game it was made to be done,  you cant bunnyhop in bf2 by luck. I could hardly imagine a UT2003/ 04 player not jumping, its been beaten into you from boot camp.
In monopoly do you think a player who only buys or trys to buy pall mall are the best? ill buy the cheapest or anything i can do , why limit yourself ??
Same goes for ramming, im sorry to say, when the screen says " YOU WERE KILLED BY xxxx "  thats all there is to it. you could have 5000hrs to their 1min - your dead .. they get a point. you can either get more back or quit.

What do u guys thing about back when there was no chat in games , or forums around. If a game didnt work you got a different game , if you didnt like something , too bad. Never heard much criticism then, and we were grateful for any sort of fixes available.
If its in the game, its game,as far as it goes- People actually get shit written out of games( or changed ) these days !!!!! i can not get over this ..
As far as the guy i quoted , YOU are exploiting the game and your rights as admin, kicking players for A POINT in a game you lost . YOU ARE THE SCUM OF THE BF2 WORLD and how dare you attack others. IMO the biggest problem in this game are the wingers and softcocks not the game , or anything in the game .
Microwave
_
+515|6656|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

Maxwelbr wrote:

yO,

OK, SO LATELY i notice that infantry battles are not actually the good ol' heated firefights that they are in other games.  its kinda sad, really, that now, infantry battles have come down to one on one encounters that are actually competitions of who can use the key-sroke "jump, prone, jump, prone, jump" and such and such. 

like, i'm usually a sniper and say that its one of those sad times that i just missed his head and got him in the shoulder.  once i look back into my scope, hes jumping around, flying into the air, going prone in mid-jump, pullin out med-kits and crap like that.  hes flopping around like a fish, probably destroying his space bar.

really, in infantry battles, killing a guy is really just implying: "omg, oWn3d! i can use my space bar faster than u can n0ob!! lolz, go practice hitting ur space bar and prone key very fast so u can actually get some ki11z! lolz!"

a few games ago, i said something like that b4 the game started.  its was like "isn't it sad that infantry battles are now just competitions to see who can hit the space bar faster.....".  one guy was like "well, in rl, if u started getting shot at, would u stand there and take it, or jump away?".  to this i said:

"well, yes, i would want to "jump" away.  but i would be hopping around like a derranged rabbit, and diving to the ground and then jumping some more like a flopping fish!"

guy: "i think infantry battles are just fine, get used to the bunny hopping.  its a good tactic."

me: "sure, its a fine tactic.  but its stupid and unrealistic.  now infatry battles are 1vs1 encounters with both ppl flopping around all over the place.  i don't think infantry battles should be difined by who can hop the fastest and master the "jump, prone, jump" key-stroke.  the soldiers in iraq don't get shot and then instantly hop around 20 times then go prone in midair and contine hopping. infantry battles should be difined by using tactics, teamwork, strategy, thinking and skill and even more teamwork! not by who can hop the fastest."

like come on, i think bf2 is horrible when it comes to infantry and that some major modifications should be done to the hopping thing.  y should there be hopping in bf2 anyway??

AGREE/DISAGREE???? if agree +1 me if disagree......go screw urself. 

now discuss.... i want to hear some opinions.......
Agree 100%    it's sad        it shouldn't be possible and it makes the game no fun (which it was designed for).

Maxwelbr wrote:

and elmo1337, stop being a complete cunt.  i don't need that sarcasm and shit./  go fuck ur sister or give stop CONSTRUCTIVE input, positive or negative.  but don't be a sarcastic fag and offer no help to the thread......cunt.
About 'elmo' i agree again, what a $£"$%^%*&(^&!

Read this post if you want another example of what a lowlife he is, people like him spoil this world...

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=577887#p577887

Last edited by james@alienware (2006-07-18 16:15:13)

JaM3z
Banned
+311|6712
you all fail....

if you dont bunny hop/dolphin dive/prone spam then you are going to die....... what i dont understand is, is why people moan about this, what do you expect other players to do stand still and get shot so they can sit behind there computer screen for 15 seconds bored.... i dont think so, maybe if you where a better sniper then you wouldnt miss that headshot and you would shoot people as they are jumping around.

Or heres a good idea! pull your pistol and spray them with it!

It really really piss's me off when i see threads like this "i cant kill someone" adapt to it improve your "skill" and then come back later, it may be "abusing" game mechanics but then again the abilty for your claymores to only kill the enemy and not friendly's isnt really relistic either.

EDIT:  and at mr alienware, you just dont have a clue......

mr alienware wrote:

Agree 100%    it's sad        it shouldn't be possible and it makes the game no fun (which it was designed for).
Look if you guys get pwnt by the dudes jumping around find another server, or better another game i am fed up of all this i cant kill him wa wa wa, YOU people ARE the people that fucked this game, with all the crying and moaning and wanting to nurf shit, jesus christ go find some other game to piss and moan about.

Maxwelbr wrote:

and elmo1337, stop being a complete cunt.  i don't need that sarcasm and shit./  go fuck ur sister or give stop CONSTRUCTIVE input, positive or negative.  but don't be a sarcastic fag and offer no help to the thread......cunt.
So if people dont agree with you, you take personal attacks upon them, what the fuck gives you the right to call him a cunt? you made a topic and wanted answer's you got one, and it didnt agree with you, i serioulsy think you need to grow up and pull your head out your ass.

You can deffinatly tell that school has broken up for the holidays.

Last edited by JaM3z (2006-07-18 16:26:16)

Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
Keep this thread constructive or it will be closed, the personal attacks are getting out of hand.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6620
bunnyhopping/dolphin diving are exploits why???? ea never intended for it to be in the game like the karkand wall glitch
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica

manitobapaintballa wrote:

bunnyhopping/dolphin diving are exploits why???? ea never intended for it to be in the game like the karkand wall glitch
LOL this is the funniest thing I have read all day.  BTW mate, EA and DICE have said that dolphin diving/bunny hopping are NOT exploits, but were taken out because the BF2 community wanted a more realistic infantry experience.  The original infantry physics were meant to stay.  Get your facts straight before posting some 'omg I can't hit a hopper it must be an EXPLOIT BAN THEM' crap.
Microwave
_
+515|6656|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

JaM3z wrote:

mr alienware wrote:

Look if you guys get pwnt by the dudes jumping around find another server, or better another game i am fed up of all this i cant kill him wa wa wa, YOU people ARE the people that fucked this game, with all the crying and moaning and wanting to nurf shit, jesus christ go find some other game to piss and moan about.
I assume that's me.

I gave my opinion, you gave yours and if you can't deal with an opinion the you are a VERY weak person.
You cannot deny people the chance of saying their opinion, if you have a problem with mine then go write a book about it. Other than that.... i don't care

And to be honest, you posts make you sound like a school kid....sorry.
FlashHeart
+4|6509|Chatham, UK
I'm anti-bunnyhopping as it makes BF2 play more like UT; BF2 should be a semi-realistic war game, and having people spending half their time airborne diving around makes the game look stupid.
The hoppers should clear off to play Quake or UT and leave BF2 to those that want something that at least resembles modern combat (and yes I know about 'smart' claymores, reviving etc...)
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6712

james@alienware wrote:

JaM3z wrote:

mr alienware wrote:

I assume that's me.

I gave my opinion, you gave yours and if you can't deal with an opinion the you are a VERY weak person.
You cannot deny people the chance of saying their opinion, if you have a problem with mine then go write a book about it. Other than that.... i don't care

And to be honest, you posts make you sound like a school kid....sorry.
Dude you just made the list
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

OneSixty wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Bunny hoppers are the following:

1. on the whole crap players.
2. quiet often hacking, the hopping doesnt screw their aim up when they land they just hold the mouse button and their aim bot kills.
3. get immediate bans from our server as we see bunny hopping after 1.4 as an exploit of the game.
4. killed by me either way coz they just suck ass.
5. seen as scum in the BF2 ladder world.
As my first post ill first say hi, i play as im160bpm in Australia.
As a gamer of any game that comes my way over the last 20 years , you learn tricks of the trade from everything you play , and all these things are written into the new games we play as games evolve . If you can do something in a game it was made to be done,  you cant bunnyhop in bf2 by luck. I could hardly imagine a UT2003/ 04 player not jumping, its been beaten into you from boot camp.
In monopoly do you think a player who only buys or trys to buy pall mall are the best? ill buy the cheapest or anything i can do , why limit yourself ??
Same goes for ramming, im sorry to say, when the screen says " YOU WERE KILLED BY xxxx "  thats all there is to it. you could have 5000hrs to their 1min - your dead .. they get a point. you can either get more back or quit.

What do u guys thing about back when there was no chat in games , or forums around. If a game didnt work you got a different game , if you didnt like something , too bad. Never heard much criticism then, and we were grateful for any sort of fixes available.
If its in the game, its game,as far as it goes- People actually get shit written out of games( or changed ) these days !!!!! i can not get over this ..
As far as the guy i quoted , YOU are exploiting the game and your rights as admin, kicking players for A POINT in a game you lost . YOU ARE THE SCUM OF THE BF2 WORLD and how dare you attack others. IMO the biggest problem in this game are the wingers and softcocks not the game , or anything in the game .
lol 1. your post is illiterate
2. as i said, i dont care if they bunny hop or not i still kill them and then i get to laugh at their noob tactics.
3. lol u bunny hopping noob, learn to play, people moan about hacks and stuff that arent meant to be in game, well after 1.4 bunny hopping was removed. Thus anyone using it is exploiting the game code.
4. I have no need to use crappy tactics like this, i will still kill you.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

manitobapaintballa wrote:

LOL this is the funniest thing I have read all day.  BTW mate, EA and DICE have said that dolphin diving/bunny hopping are NOT exploits, but were taken out because the BF2 community wanted a more realistic infantry experience.  The original infantry physics were meant to stay.  Get your facts straight before posting some 'omg I can't hit a hopper it must be an EXPLOIT BAN THEM' crap.
well seeing as they have now been removed this guy is right and your an idiot for saying they arent exploits. The ability to bunny hop was removed from the game code, people that find ways around this are exploiting some weakness in the code. Thus using an exploit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard