mgtd1138
+5|6752|USA, Where Dumb people Rule
PROMOTES TEAMWORK, PROMOTES RUNNING FOR YOUR LIFE

I am sure we will get some interesting postings BUT....

Why not make certain points higher points to achieve (1) capturing them or (2) destroying certain assets?

Destroy artillery (less points since there are many) and more points for Radar and Trailer.  You can even protect them further and/or make a barrier around them.

ALSO, taking out a power station and having their assets that need power shut down (e.g. Lights in a building).  Then people would have to put on night vision and thermals (if they came out with them).

Regarding higher points for killing better players (and I know how that would shake out), why not?  I saw a f-ing 3-star general and I couldn't wait to wax him a few more times!

More two cents...
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6672|under there hayousaidunderwear
High ranks mean time not skill....

Last edited by majorassult (2006-07-13 15:06:35)

5peedy
+27|6609|the Faroe Islands
nice ideas... the game is getting boring, would be cool if a new twist arrived.. +1
mgtd1138
Thanks for the posts.  Pertaining to those who achieve rank by living in front of their computers, I think earlier posts that speak to efficiency or proficiency ratings on being a better warrior versus a simple time-whore TEAMED with this idea would make it way better.

I have played against some decent (some nice guys that know they are OK at best) Colonel's and some marginal Generals.  I know you have to obviously be pretty good to get to that level.

As long as you play for fun that's fine BUT I remember the days of playing, similar to today, Rainbox Six and to have a war with the best of the best was completely challenging, awesome and hilarious when I SCREAM at 3AM saying BULLSHIT, waking up my ex-wife!
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6740|Beerville, USA
... more points for killing a higher ranked player .... laughable ... 

... Power stations .... wth?? and night vision .... go play BF2:SF Leviathan or Devil's Perch..

... Put down the lighter and step away from the "BONG"....

+1 for being special... LOL
mgtd1138
I enjoyed each line of that critique.  Most of that was based on what would make the game, overall, a lot better versus getting reps. of killing the same people.  Kill them all I know.
Souljah
+42|6677

majorassult wrote:

bingo we have a winner. i still dont understand why over 50% of the people on this board think that a high ranking person is suppose to be godlike in this game. same with people who have almost all expert badges. badges, ribbons, and rank mean absolutely crap in this game. ya i said it. it means crap. and ill tell you why it means crap. you can get every single kit badge by just jumping in a tank, jet, or even helo. hell you can even use the artillery to get your badge. now if you couldnt do all those things to get those badges then it would mean something. me personally, i dont play for badges (just look at all the basics i have ) but if i get it then woot. like take sniper for example. i dont like to snipe, it just doesnt appeal to me. so you can rest assure that i will never be a general cause i will never have expert sniper. hell ill most likely wont have veteran sniper. but thats just me.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6729|California

lmfao.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6555

majorassult wrote:

Technically you should be more skilled if you have played more time. Too bad stat padders defeat this theory.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
mgtd1138
Understood BUT again, they should use as they do in Halo and other games, proficiency methods to rank, not time in grade.  In the real military, just because you have been in a role forever, does not give you a guaranteed bump in rank & grade.

It's an anti-tard layer of internal protection.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6559|UK

Yea but this is a game, and point's is what get's you the rank, I suppose u could base rank on spm, but hell, tht just mean all those knife n pistol server boys, and karkand/wake whores would be up there (i'm a wake whore btw, but give mea  f-35 and i will give tht bastard in a j-10 somethin to wet his nappy about).  And like the guy said up there ^^^^ generally, if your high ranked, youve got experience so u should be half descent, everyone improves, but just cause someone has more free time to spend than u doesnt give you the right to start ur bullshit.

On the killin higher ranked players, I will say what i said last time someone mentioned that.  Everyone on the server would hunt down the generals like a dog, cast ur mind back to the mine video, and just think of em all hoping around saying 'hes mine'

ciao
SiMSaM16
+48|6703|United States of America

majorassult wrote:

Not always true...
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6549|GREAT Britain

SiMSaM16 wrote:

majorassult wrote:

Not always true...
99% of the time, true
mgtd1138
I have played against some great players with high rank and f-ing complete cocks but such as life.  Like with the BOC Squad I played with last night.  Completely cool guys exfept for one (his clan knows this guy was a jag-off) but one was a Colonel, sucked, bitched, called people names for almost nothing (especially when they killed him) and he got his from even his own team.  No respect gives you no respect.

I would have loved to kill him for NO POINTS, just like Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai.  "I would gladly kill you for free."

Fight the Power.

Last edited by mgtd1138 (2006-07-13 19:21:39)

Trel
+70|6686
No.
Good to be back.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6549|Florida
As to getting more points for capturing harder points?  Nah.  The reward for that is earning your team a more valuable base and crippling the enemy.  As for more points for killing higher level players?  Hell no.  It's so hard to decide what makes a player better.  Rank means virtually nothing, as many have pointed out.  And even individual stats are hard to discern.  Good Kill Death raios could be the result of excellent piloting, but then the person can't groundpound for shit.  People could have high SPM, but mostly as a result of statpadding or command time.  It's far too difficult to actually determine the quality of players, so the idea is inherently flawed. 

More points for certain strategic objects and adding more destructable assets?  I'm kind of a fan of that.  Mostly because medics and support get easy bullshit points for just tossing packs around, and medics get two points for reviving...while Assault, Antitank, and Snipers(though they do have guaranteed-kill claymores now) can't even get team points, engineers have to sit there and twist a wrench around for an hour for a CHANCE to get one measly point, and special forces have to hoof it across the level, sneak behind enemy lines, and use 2 C4 to blow up assets, when you only get 5 to begin with and there are at least 4 assets to destroy, often times 5.  Though at least Spec-Ops can take both vehicles and infantry with a fair amount of proficiency.

What I really think you should get extra points for is destroying vehicles...or at least air and armor.  It takes infinitely more effort than taking out an infanty foot soldier, but gets the same amount of points.  Come on now...taking out a jet, gunship, tank, or APC is NOT equal to taking out a foot soldier running around like a chicken with his head cut off, and the game should reflect that.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6853|Reykjavík, Iceland.
How about this:

You get as much point for killing the d00d as his KDR is (doubled of course, a kill is 2 points, so a 2.0 kdr victim gives 4 points.)

Last edited by PBAsydney (2006-07-17 02:59:16)

Refl3xx`
+3|6653

majorassult wrote:

High rank means they havent been outside in a year :p

Not like me... Honest.....
mgtd1138
You are a good player.  But a real man would suck bad enough at least one round to earn a purple heart!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard