stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

[NOTE IF QUOTING – THIS SUMMARY REPRESENTS OUR UPDATED LIST OF REQUESTS TO THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM. THIS IS NOT A FIX LIST, NOR A DEFINITIVE LIST OF ALL OUTSTANDING ISSUES, IT REPRESENTS ONLY THE FEEDBACK RECEIVED IN THIS THREAD TO THIS POINT.]

Just about to send off this latest summary. For your information guys:

Server Options

- Some are asking that we bring back squad hopping or at least make it a server option, others are glad it's gone. The community is definitely split on this one.
- All commander assets should be server-only options

Weapons

- If friendly fire for claymores is on it'd be handy if there was an arrow indicating which direction it is pointing in
- The l85 could do with a slight increase in fire power.
- Assault rifles should be tweaked slightly to make them superior to the g36e
- You should be able to fire a pistol and use a knife while jumping, it only makes sense for the assault rifles
increase m95 damage and precision on vehicles.
increase g3 precision when you are crouching
- The Assault and Medic classes need to be rebalanced somehow as the Medic can do everything the Assault can plus get points for healing. As previously suggested, 2-3 smoke grenades and a better grenade launcher would help here.
- When you go into iron sights and jump as Spec ops the red dot laser sight vanishes. (image here) This existed prior to 1.4

Vehicles

- fix vehicle reticules so they don't wash out when aiming at the sky
- PLA/MEC transport choppers should have better armour to compensate their size and splash damage similar to APC on the guns to compensate the low bullet per seconds or a slightly higher rate of fire.
- The long wake on RIBS makes it way too easy to spot them in jets.
- The aircraft spawn times need to be balanced. For instance, the J10 on Wake 2007 spawns every 20 or so seconds as opposed to around 60 for the F35.
- The radius of the cannon splash damage for the Mil 28 should be reduced.
- One of our posters would like the attack chopper to have 16 rockets again but no reloads, thus better encouraging teamwork.
- Make it so bombers don't have reloads for their laser guided missiles. Once the 4 missiles are used, back to the airfield for a reload. This would reduce the time that they are above the battlefield where they can dominate.
- A vehicle drop over water should drop a RIB boat instead of a buggy.

Misc.

- There are still a lot of requests to mute chat spamming.
- Option to turn the names off above friend and foe heads, with the exception of squad members.
- There should be a way to see the server IP/name in-game
- People who don't vote should not matter once a vote is in place.
- The Basic Knife badge requirement should be lowered. If you look at total basic badges given, there are about 600,000 to 700,000 for almost every badge except Knife. There have only been about 250,000 basic knife given

As in the other report, here is a list of requests compiled by one of our community members:

Community Requests

- Promised, but not delivered: sniper/Spec Ops cannot pickup mines or C4 respectively.
- Different coloured warning skull signs for, c4 (blue) / claymore (yellow) / AT mine (red)
- Smaller crosshair on m95 sniper rifle scope, it’s too thick.
- Player kick and commander mutiny not allowed to be removed from ranked server.
- Hit indicator often doesn’t display for sniper rifles and some other weapons.
- In Game browser, consider having filters for Europe/USA/ASIA only? This might reduce slow browser performance and less global pinging on servers.
- Add large radar to the Essex turret, which can spot plane before they are in firing distance. (ONLY shows air vehicles and ONLY to the guy inside the Essex turret).
good to see that noobs are still whining away, as usuall

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., July 12, 2006 –Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today revealed more than 20 game titles that round out its 2006 line-up. With an unparalleled mix of action, adventure, sports and racing games. EA’s summer showcase reflects the global appeal of games on 11 different platforms...."Investments we’ve made in online, mobile, sports games and new intellectual properties are starting to pay off. In the year ahead, consumers will see ESPN content integrated into our sports games, they’ll see innovative online experiences like Warhammer and Battlefield 2142 and console games like Need For Speed Carbon will pioneer new technologies on next generation and current gen systems," said Frank Gibeau, Executive Vice President, General Manager, North America Publishing......Battlefield 2142 is developed by Digital Illusions/DICE Sweden and is slated to ship for PC this Autumn.
not really "news" but now its official.

discuss
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6619|Los Angeles, California, US.
Yeeeaaahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

just remember
[NOTE IF QUOTING – THIS SUMMARY REPRESENTS OUR UPDATED LIST OF REQUESTS TO THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM. THIS IS NOT A FIX LIST, NOR A DEFINITIVE LIST OF ALL OUTSTANDING ISSUES, IT REPRESENTS ONLY THE FEEDBACK RECEIVED IN THIS THREAD TO THIS POINT.]

edit: in game footage of the EA crew using the Mech's
https://img379.imageshack.us/img379/8835/3338eu.gif

Last edited by stryyker (2006-07-13 11:58:42)

elite
+89|6707|Sheffield, England
u forgot a tweak request!!

fix the blackhawk guns to its origional power and increase the power of both mec/pla transport choppers evening out all 3!!!
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
a more stronger ak101?!

omg, this all sounds great!
manitobapaintballa
+32|6611

elite wrote:

u forgot a tweak request!!

fix the blackhawk guns to its origional power and increase the power of both mec/pla transport choppers evening out all 3!!!
damn straight i no longer fear the bh on mashtuur like come on
metal1215
+18|6638|Varsseveld, Netherlands
when are they gonna fix the black hawks minigun?
am i getting this right, are they giving the machineguns on the mec/pla transport choppers the same splash damaga as an apc??  please tell me im wrong
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

metal1215 wrote:

am i getting this right, are they giving the machineguns on the mec/pla transport choppers the same splash damaga as an apc??  please tell me im wrong
they arent. they never will. once something is nerfed, it doesnt get un-nerfed
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6619|Los Angeles, California, US.

stryyker wrote:

metal1215 wrote:

But, They Un - Nerfed The Game.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
KuriVaiM (EST)
+17|6745|Estonia
what about CTD problem ?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6687|Howell, Mi USA
- The radius of the cannon splash damage for the Mil 28 should be reduced

^ just a matter of time..... lame ass nerf, the MI-28 sucks to fly, it needs the splash cannon.

- One of our posters would like the attack chopper to have 16 rockets again but no reloads, thus better encouraging teamwork.

^ that wouldn't encourage teamwork, just wasting time for the pilot to fly back to helipad and reload every 10 seconds. It needs to be left alone, people will never be happy with anything. nerf this, nerf that, now change it all back, now nerf it again. it's a never ending battle.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6628|South Jersey

metal1215 wrote:

IT IS A REQUEST LIST OH SMART ONE.

edit:  the spawn time of aircraft isnt the problem...its how the J-10 is superior to all of the fighters, especially the F-35 on Wake Island.  The F-35 is the only jet that CANNOT dodge missles with the afterburner.  Also, maybe make it a bit easier for forces to land on friggin wake island.  Mi-28 splash damage...they complain to reduce it or get rid of it completely, then they will complain it isn't there, just like the blackhawk miniguns.

Last edited by -Gunsmoke- (2006-07-13 12:16:35)

[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6587|Iceland

stryyker wrote:

metal1215 wrote:

AA got nerfed and then unnerfed.
Jim_Bred
+15|6494
i like the assault kit idea, it's such a useless class
elite
Come On People Say With Me!

We Want Blackhawk, We Want Blackhawk!!!!
metal1215
+18|6638|Varsseveld, Netherlands

elite wrote:

Come On People Say With Me!

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6840|-
What. The. Fuck? There IS a way to see all the server information in-game. All you do is hold tab and click the arrow on the "SERVER INFO" tab. How can you miss something like that...

https://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4804/serverinfo9oa.jpg
elite

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6687|Howell, Mi USA
One thing i would like to see fixed (not a crying about X weapon nerfing) is fix the damn ribbons in the BFHQ so new earned ribbons show up besides in recent awards and be able to click and view them.

Honestly my $0.02 cents, DICE and EA need to stop listening to the public about weapon/vechile nerf crying
<cry> waa im a stupid moron and think red skullz are powerups and get tk'ed nerf them</cry> and start fixing things wrong with the game. Something needs to be done about the TK for vechicles and punish system. maybe work on fixing some glitches? add some new weapons? u know.... cool stuff like that.

STOP TEH NERF!!!!!!1!one!!!1
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
viserov
+9|6666|Atlanta
- Make it so bombers don't have reloads for their laser guided missiles. Once the 4 missiles are used, back to the airfield for a reload. This would reduce the time that they are above the battlefield where they can dominate.
I love bombing and I think this is a good idea. It makes sense.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6587|Iceland

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

What. The. Fuck? There IS a way to see all the server information in-game. All you do is hold tab and click the arrow on the "SERVER INFO" tab. How can you miss something like that...

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4804 … nfo9oa.jpg
lol yea i was thinking that too, there is something else there too that is stupid like that
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6751|Vienna, Austria
Can someone please post the link to the topic in the EA forums so we can post the link to the Blackhawk poll that definately shows that we demand the old Blackhawk to be returned?!
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6751|Vienna, Austria

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4804 … nfo9oa.jpg
lol yea i was thinking that too, there is something else there too that is stupid like that
For example the sniper hit indication.... you just have to stay zoomed and it'll show.
SoC./Omega
+122|6533|Omaha, Nebraska!
i think that they should increase the power of f-35 missles and i like the 16 missle idea but i'd want 3 reloads for it.
5peedy
+27|6592|the Faroe Islands
would be cool if it was possible too report AT mines and claymores... maybe even report if you saw the enemy arty fire...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard