amgln
+0|6784

=WU={101}AirBorn;Lord wrote:

ouch...
well with those requirement cya later....
maybe i try it on the medic side
hey AirBorn it was just example of stats. sometimes stats doesnt tell what kind player you are. As there more players signed up, it would be more pressure choosing players.

amgln wrote:

ouch...
hey AirBorn it was just example of stats. sometimes stats doesnt tell what kind player you are. As there more players signed up, it would be more pressure choosing players.
yea right....some hope left
btw who's the captain from the sniper team??
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

amgln wrote:

ouch...
Now I wish stats, or accuracy with sniper rifles for that matter, were the deciding factor.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6676|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
heck.. i've made the starting lineup..

i think i'm gonna go pleasure myself..

or go pad people on my medic account
Entertayner
+826|6605

My god guys, this isn't going on stats atall! I am picking on me playing with you guys... If you wanna get in the team you need to play with me and if I see that you are better than other people or you add something to the team that we are missing you will be immediately added.  I am going to organise a practice but I need some input for when is good for everyone.  If you wanna come play with me add me to xfire and if you're good you will be in the team but I can't please everyone its just impossible and its probably more in your favour to not get stressed at me.  I appreciate you are annoyed but it is simply not possible. Sorry guys.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

My god guys, this isn't going on stats atall! I am picking on me playing with you guys... If you wanna get in the team you need to play with me and if I see that you are better than other people or you add something to the team that we are missing you will be immediately added.  I am going to organise a practice but I need some input for when is good for everyone.  If you wanna come play with me add me to xfire and if you're good you will be in the team but I can't please everyone its just impossible and its probably more in your favour to not get stressed at me.  I appreciate you are annoyed but it is simply not possible. Sorry guys.
Like I said dude, if that's the way you wanted it to be, it should have been a private thing, and not an open sign up.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6686

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

You've played books?

I don't think i've played against books, what's his playing style? Standoff long range (like ss) or more up in your face?

Or a mix like me where i'll vary depending on my mood? (to varying degrees of success, i'm better long range with the sniper rifle than I am at close range)

Last edited by EvilMonkeySlayer (2006-07-03 09:12:54)

bennisboy
+829|6681|Poundland
fuckin hell. some nob gave me minus karma because he wasn't on my itlist. Thats -3 in 2 days for stupid reasons. Why is it only snipers have a sense of community?

Oh wait, there's another one, but this time with no name or reason, how mature

Last edited by bennisboy (2006-07-03 08:39:52)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6661|Warlord

usmarine2005 wrote:

amgln wrote:

ouch...
Now I wish stats, or accuracy with sniper rifles for that matter, were the deciding factor.
Well there would be a lot of very surprising people out of the running if they were.

Folks if this were going by stats which stats would we go by?

We're snipers right, so accuracy? Well then dont_be_ss would be out because his accuracy is actually low (less than 40% is very low by sniper standards)... but that's just silly talk because we know how good a shot he is at long ranges and he can go entire rounds without getting killed once.

KDR? Well Nyte's is pretty low by some standards so he's out... except that he can outscore guys in armour and helicopters (I've seen it with my own eyes, he ended a round on Sharqi with 71, second-highest score in that game) not to mention the 50-60 other guys running around armed with automatic weapons! EntertaineR_06 can do the same and I can do the same but our KDRs (according to our stats) are only 1.45-1.75 and 1.25-1.66 respectively.

So should it be average kills per round? Time with the kit? Only people with the expert sniper combat badge? SPM? Total kills with the kit? Kills per hour for the sniper rifle*?

Regardless, single-account stats (particularly first accounts) don't tell the whole story.

*This isn't available in the raw data but I think it's perhaps one of the most telling so it's worth having a look at: over 30 is good, around 40 is way above average, above that is excellent... way above that is godly.

Nyte: 58
Chillin&Killin: 46
tahadar: 45
dont_be_ss: 43
the_black_rat(ss): 41
EntertaineR_06: 44
Clean.Sweap: 53
ChikyuuShoujoArujuna: 65

A good rate for assault rifles is above 80 by the way...
ChikyuuShoujoArujuna: 100
SargeV1.4: 87

Not that we should get cocky but a random sampling of the signups on the medic squad ranges from even as low as 20s, many 30s and a few 50s.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

I understand your point, but don't make it a "public" sign up if he is only going to pick the people he plays with.  And if I had known I would have to "try out," <----- I can't say that without laughing, then I never would have signed up at all.
Chillin&killin
+27|6709|Manchester,England
also entertainer it's not possible for some people to play on the servers you play on cos of their ping and what time their on
Entertayner
+826|6605

I see that... thats why i've come up with an idea.  People that I know and trust will be appointed to go around playing with other snipers and telling me what playing style they have, their ability at their playing style and their versatility.  I will not release their names publicly but I will PM these people and I hope they accept.
tega
+4|6731
ill keep jumping in server as and when the game allows me too

CTD's grrrrrr
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6661|Warlord

usmarine2005 wrote:

I understand your point, but don't make it a "public" sign up if he is only going to pick the people he plays with.
Well as far as I can see it won't be possible simply on that basis because of difficulty in meshing schedules.

usmarine2005 wrote:

And if I had known I would have to "try out," <----- I can't say that without laughing, then I never would have signed up at all.
I understand that you're a little offput by this but be realistic, how else would you expect the choices to be made? Purely on rep? On blind assessment of stats? It's not a popularity contest, that much is certain; I believe it's just a good attempt to get the best team possible. And we'll need the best team possible to stand a chance I think... even if the opposing team were mostly average players they'd still be way ahead on advantages IMO.

My stats, because this is a first account (and I jumped straight into playing on ranked servers the day I installed) do not reflect my standard with the sniper kit; I'm sure yours don't either. Your account's average accuracy is running at 52%; checking on Statpadder.com your KDR for the sniper rifle is currently 2.33 and your accuracy is likely to be significantly higher too (no way of checking this without a new account as far as I'm aware). On those I'd vote for you to be included if you want an opinion, over anyone with either or both of those lower.

Nobody asked but if I were picking there would be some no-question inclusions from those signed up:
dont_be_ss - never played with him but purely on KDR, kills/hour and proven long-range ability
Books_DCDF - played with him for a few games but not sniping unfortunately; on KDR, proven long-range ability and tactics
Chillin&Killin - one of the best players I've ever played with, on multiple levels, and his sniper stats are undeniable
Clean.Sweap - only seen him in action once as a sniper and let's just say I wouldn't want to be on the business end of his scope
Nyte - almost as good as he claims he is, which is still pretty freakin' good
and last but not least EntertaineR_06 who's gotten better recently and is now way above average.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

Well, I appreciate everyones organization and time spent doing this, and I also appreciate your opinion, but I liked the way it was done a few weeks ago when everyone just jumped into the server and went after each other.  Other than the psycho bunnies, it was very enjoyable.  I have told him to take my name off the list.  No hard feelings.
Entertayner
+826|6605

He he, ive got all of the above! aaaanyway.... usmarine your stats are good but stats show nothing against skill... you've gotta understand that?
Microwave
_
+515|6689|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I don't mind being taken off the 'selected list' so entertainer can wait till after the practice sesh'.

I think thats a fair thing to do so you can take me off and i will see what happens.
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6618|England
Dammn I don't go onto the forums for a couple of days and what do i know? I almost miss this, any ideas when the practice will be ?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6741|67.222.138.85

Todd_Angelo wrote:

*This isn't available in the raw data but I think it's perhaps one of the most telling so it's worth having a look at: over 30 is good, around 40 is way above average, above that is excellent... way above that is godly.

Not that we should get cocky but a random sampling of the signups on the medic squad ranges from even as low as 20s, many 30s and a few 50s.
Where did you get these numbers?
Chillin&killin
+27|6709|Manchester,England
<stats or compared us
my accuracy used to be 49 but since playin wake its gone down
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6661|Warlord

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Where did you get these numbers?
Total kills with the sniper rifle over time with the sniper rifle, rounded.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

Well, that is interesting, but not very accurate IMO.  I don't run around like Nyte so i don't have that many kills.  I sit back, take my time, and wait for a good shot.  I guess that is the basic idea of sniping.
Entertayner
+826|6605

Yes but a sniper also poses a threat close up if you play it right and it can be the most deadly weapon on the battlefield (non-vehicular) in the hands of certain people.

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-07-03 11:20:52)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6796

Agree, but I prefer to sit back, not run around.  I just try to make it as realistic as I can.
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6567|Columbus, OH
so is anyone going to make a movie out of this match?  so those of us that are not participating in this event can see what went on?  that would be interesting.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard